/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Keyam al layl

bewildred
09-28-2007, 10:52 PM
Hello y'all,

Please, how can a person who learnt very few surats make the keyam al layl. Is it allowed to hold the holly Qur'an during prayers?

Bewildred S.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
jzcasejz
10-02-2007, 07:09 PM
Of course, the best Qiyaam ul-Layl is that which has long standing in it i.e. long recital of Quran. However, even if you know a few Surahs, your night prayer is still perfectly valid. In these cases, it'll be good to recite the Surahs that have alot of virtues i.e. Surah Ikhlaas, Zilzaal etc...

^ I heard that in an audio lecture once. Maybe someone else can come along and explain better InshaAllaah. :embarrass

About the holding the Quran thing --> Allaahu A'lam.

Muhammad
10-03-2007, 03:45 PM
:sl:

I came across this on Islamqa:

Question:

Is it permissible for the imam to read from the Quran during Tarawih prayers in Ramadan? Are prayers not accepted if the Imam reads from Quran during Tarawih prayers?

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

There is nothing wrong with reading from the Mus-haf during night prayers in Ramadaan, because this will make the members of the congregation hear all of the Qur’aan. The Qur’aan and Sunnah indicate that Qur’aan should be recited in prayer, whether it is from the Mus-haf or from memory. It was proven that ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) told her freed slave Dhakwaan to lead her in praying qiyaam in Ramadaan, and he used to read from the Mus-haf. Al-Bukhaari mentioned this in his Saheeh

Fataawa Islaamiyah, vol.2 – Shaykh Ibn Baaz

syilla
10-04-2007, 10:07 AM
:salamext:

don't worry bewildered, not everyone remember the quran even the born muslims.

If i perform 20 rakaah....i still repeat the same surahs.

I still trying to memorise the quran

wassallam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Malaikah
10-04-2007, 10:59 AM
:sl:

There is nothing wrong with holding the Quran while praying non-obligatory prayers, just make sure you have a chair or something next to you so you can place the Quran on it when you make sujood.

IbnAbdulHakim
10-04-2007, 11:09 AM
HANAFI FIQH

Holding a book and reciting from it will invalidate the prayer, be it Fard, Wajib, Sunna or Nafl. This is due to its constituting Amal Kathir (a great amount of action that renders the prayer invalid) and more so because it entails being prompted from a book.

You should simply recite those suras that you do know and continue with your efforts to learn more suras and include them in your salah.

This not permitted in the Hanafi school, as it is (a) extraneous action foreign to the prayer; and (b) not established from the practice of the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings be upon him), who commanded us to,

"Pray as you have seen me pray."
[Bukhari]

(Radd al-Muhtar 1.672, Dar al-Fikr)

Abu Usamah

IbnAbdulHakim
10-04-2007, 11:13 AM

Reading from it invalidates the prayer according to the relied upon position. [Ibn Abidin/Haskafi, Radd al-Muhtar `ala al-Durr al-Mukhtar]

This would not be valid according to the stronger (asahh) position in the Hanafi school, because the stronger position is that the validity of praying behind someone is contingent upon the imam's prayer being valid according to the school of the follower. [Ibn Abidin, Radd al-Muhtar]

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.