/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How to Revert to Islam?

Sister_Ayesha
09-13-2005, 09:49 PM
:sl:
I need information for a non-muslim. She wants to know the whole process for reverting. I know what you have to do because I went through it but I was not really prepared as I would have liked to be. What I need for her is information about the Shahadah- what the words mean, what does these word intitle, what are the requirements, what should you know before you say it? I know the answers but I have no written article or anything to give her to read. If any one could help me with this is would be wonderful. I'm looking for things but need help so I can her something soon.
:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
- Qatada -
09-13-2005, 10:04 PM
:sl: warahmatulahi wabarakatuh..

1. FAITH (Shahadah)

There is no god worthy of worship except God and Muhammad (peace be upon Him) is His messenger.

This declaration of faith is called the Shahada, a simple formula which all the faithful pronounce. In Arabic, the first part is

la ilaha illa Allah - "there is no god except Allah (god)";

ilaha can refer to anything which we may be tempted to put in place of God -- wealth, power, and the like. Then comes illa Allah:" except God, the source of all creation.

The second part of the Shahada is Muhammadun rasulu Allah: "Muhammad (peace be upon Him) is the messenger of God." A message of guidance has come through a man like ourselves - a special prophet.

after this she should go home and have a bath or shower. i dont have no proof for this but i have read and heard it is encouraged.

source: 5 Pillars

sorry i dont have any more info. yet but she can go to the masjid (mosque) and ask of what is required and then she can do whatever she needs to and then take the shahadah, but its important she does it soon becz the shaytan will try to distract her and if she passes away before then she still would be a kaafir..

a good site for a new revert is: www.beconvinced.com

some more info. on shahadah: Click here

Allah (swt) knows best..

wasalam o a'lykum warahmatulahi wabarakatuh..

Hajar
09-13-2005, 10:30 PM
Assalamu alaykum sister,

If she is sure she wants to revert she should do the "Shahada" ASAP. She only needs to believe in Allah (swt) and that the prophet Muhammed (sws) is his messenger, from there on she can learn Islam step by step.

WaSalam

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.