/* */

PDA

View Full Version : 7 Reasons to Drink Green Tea

Ibn Abi Ahmed
10-03-2007, 10:56 PM
:sl:

7 Reasons to Drink Green Tea

The steady stream of good news about green tea is getting so hard to ignore that even java junkies are beginning to sip mugs of the deceptively delicate brew. You'd think the daily dose of disease-fighting, inflammation-squelching antioxidants - long linked with heart protection - would be enough incentive, but wait, there's more! Lots more.

CUT YOUR CANCER RISK
Several polyphenols - the potent antioxidants green tea's famous for - seem to help keep cancer cells from gaining a foothold in the body, by discouraging their growth and then squelching the creation of new blood vessels that tumors need to thrive. Study after study has found that people who regularly drink green tea reduce their risk of breast, stomach, esophagus, colon, and/or prostate cancer.

SOOTHE YOUR SKIN
Got a cut, scrape, or bite, and a little leftover green tea? Soak a cotton pad in it. The tea is a natural antiseptic that relieves itching and swelling. Try it on inflamed breakouts and blemishes, sunburns, even puffy eyelids. And that's not all. In the lab, green tea helps block sun-triggered skin cancer, whether you drink it or apply it directly to the skin - which is why you're seeing green tea in more and more sunscreens and moisturizers.

STEADY YOUR BLOOD PRESSURE
Having healthy blood pressure - meaning below 120/80 - is one thing. Keeping it that way is quite another. But people who sip just half a cup a day are almost 50 percent less likely to wind up with hypertension than non-drinkers. Credit goes to the polyphenols again (especially one known as ECGC). They help keep blood vessels from contracting and raising blood pressure.

PROTECT YOUR MEMORY, OR YOUR MOM'S
Green tea may also keep the brain from turning fuzzy. Getting-up-there adults who drink at least two cups a day are half as likely to develop cognitive problems as those who drink less. Why? It appears that the tea's big dose of antioxidants fights the free-radical damage to brain nerves seen in Alzheimer's and Parkinson's.

STAY YOUNG
The younger and healthier your arteries are, the younger and healthier you are. So fight plaque build-up in your blood vessels, which ups the risk of heart disease and stroke, adds years to your biological age (or RealAge), and saps your energy too. How much green tea does this vital job take? About 10 ounces a day, which also deters your body from absorbing artery-clogging fat and cholesterol.

LOSE WEIGHT
Oh yeah, one more thing. Turns out that green tea speeds up your body's calorie-burning process. In the every-little-bit-counts department, this is good news!

http://food.yahoo.com/blog/beautyeat...rink-green-tea

More on the benefits of green tea:

http://chinesefood.about.com/library.../aa011400a.htm
http://www.japanesegreenteaonline.com/health.htm
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15611129/
http://www.freeiln.com/green-teas/green-tea.htm

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
amirah_87
10-07-2007, 03:14 PM

Green Tea's great! But i never knew it was used to preserve/maintain your memory too? *with the will of Allaah* TabaarakAllaah, that's awesome!!

Thanx for the info.

'Abd al-Baari
10-07-2007, 03:18 PM

That depends upon who you listen to. Some Chinese homeopathic health practitioners call for 10 cups a day, while some health researchers say that 2 to 3 cups will do the trick. When you look at all of the varying research, and take the average, 4 to 5 eight ounce cups of green tea per day should be good enough for most people.
Source
thats a lot of green tea :D
anyways that was an interesting read..Jazakallah Khair for sharing bro :)

Kittygyal
10-07-2007, 09:30 PM
Salamualikum.
Green tea makes me sick coz tiz smells... i can't take it all the way down sowiee

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Md Mashud
10-07-2007, 09:46 PM
1 Reason not to drink it

It tastes horrible :eek:

Well, after lookin at the pro's and con's, I think I will stay away from it :skeleton: .

Ibn Abi Ahmed
10-07-2007, 11:15 PM

^ You can just put some honey in it and it tastes very good then, and since honey's an excellent anti-oxidant as well with alot of other benefits too, thats twice the benefit Insha'Allaah.

IbnAbdulHakim
10-08-2007, 09:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Md Mashud
1 Reason not to drink it

It tastes horrible :eek:

Well, after lookin at the pro's and con's, I think I will stay away from it :skeleton: .
LOL have you even ever tasted it? jay baught it b4 n flopped LoL

for real its not that bad bro Alhamdulillah, we shud replace our high sugar tea wiv green tea :D

Kittygyal
10-08-2007, 12:37 PM
Salamualikum.
Sowiee but i don't even like honey.. it's too sweet and i can't take it all the way down.. I apologise for that.

snakelegs
10-10-2007, 06:01 PM
Green Tea preparation, Pashtun style ..
Brewing Green Tea (called qahva in Pekhawar, elsewhere qahva refers to coffee!)

1 Use a picnch of Tea. A small amount goes a long way. If your tea is bitter, you used too much.

2 Boil water and let sit for 1 minute or so - green tea does not like boiling water.
3 Have tea pot (chai dan) handy.
4 For best result get some cardimmums, crush and add at the same time!!!

5 Pour some hot water in tea pot to rinse & raise its temperature.

6 Add tea leaves to Tea pot.
(Best guess, a smigden per tea cup, and one cardimmum per cup)

Note: These tea leaves EXPAND to become 10 times its size, approx.

7 Pour less-than boiling water onto tea in tea pot.

8 Cover tea pot with cloth or tea cosy if you have it.

9 Stir the tea in the tea pot after a few (5) minutes.

10 Wait 1 minute per tea cup for the tea to 'come out' !

11 Add sugar to your taste in a cup.

12 Pour tea onto the sugar in the cup.

13 Taste for sweetness, add sugar to your taste.

14 Pashtuns drink their green tea quite sweet.

15 Some non-Pashtuns do not add any sugar.

Enjoy!!!!

mosheen
10-10-2007, 06:48 PM
Salaam,
Does black tea provide similar benefits? Ive been brought up with black tea.. though sometimes I do get to drink green tea.. like once a month or 2!!

Kittygyal
10-10-2007, 07:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
Green Tea preparation, Pashtun style ..
Brewing Green Tea (called qahva in Pekhawar, elsewhere qahva refers to coffee!)

1 Use a picnch of Tea. A small amount goes a long way. If your tea is bitter, you used too much.

2 Boil water and let sit for 1 minute or so - green tea does not like boiling water.
3 Have tea pot (chai dan) handy.
4 For best result get some cardimmums, crush and add at the same time!!!

5 Pour some hot water in tea pot to rinse & raise its temperature.

6 Add tea leaves to Tea pot.
(Best guess, a smigden per tea cup, and one cardimmum per cup)

Note: These tea leaves EXPAND to become 10 times its size, approx.

7 Pour less-than boiling water onto tea in tea pot.

8 Cover tea pot with cloth or tea cosy if you have it.

9 Stir the tea in the tea pot after a few (5) minutes.

10 Wait 1 minute per tea cup for the tea to 'come out' !

11 Add sugar to your taste in a cup.

12 Pour tea onto the sugar in the cup.

13 Taste for sweetness, add sugar to your taste.

14 Pashtuns drink their green tea quite sweet.

15 Some non-Pashtuns do not add any sugar.

Enjoy!!!!

Patans.. :eek: Subhan'Allaah..

Kittygyal
10-10-2007, 07:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mosheen
Salaam,
Does black tea provide similar benefits? Ive been brought up with black tea.. though sometimes I do get to drink green tea.. like once a month or 2!!
I thought black tea is good for eye sight :blind:

Allaah hu alim

Ma'assalama

snakelegs
10-10-2007, 07:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kittygyal

Patans.. :eek: Subhan'Allaah..
what's wrong with pashtuns? the recipe was given to me by a pashtun friend and it's delicious.

Kittygyal
10-10-2007, 07:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
what's wrong with pashtuns? the recipe was given to me by a pashtun friend and it's delicious.
Nothing is wrong with them. Hell no nothing :)

Im just saying 'patans' because half of my family are patans and they have loads of such of kind recipe's in there food aswel.

Take care

Camomilla
10-10-2007, 07:53 PM
there is a thread about green tea, I cant believe It :)
I love green tea, but too bad they are expencive in here imsad ^o)
Indian Chai Latte tea is good, mmmm :statisfie
and Seylon tea :statisfie

islamic_sister
10-17-2007, 08:54 PM
I havent tried geen tea..but i think i will now :)

.: Jannati :.
10-17-2007, 09:04 PM
why does it have to have the actual 'tea' extracts? tis just awesome because of the Honey!!!

Al_Imaan
10-17-2007, 10:07 PM
green tea is great with honey...but i'm not a big fan of it...unfortunately

Miss Palestine
10-17-2007, 10:20 PM
i like green teaa...i dont reely think its that bad...i drink it every once ina while its healthy!

Muezzin
10-17-2007, 10:29 PM
I'd drink green tea if it didn't look like Oscar the Grouch had sneezed in a cup of water.

BeTheChange
10-29-2014, 09:42 PM
We've been brought up on green tea - have it everyday :-)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.