/* */

PDA

View Full Version : need clarification

Ummu Sufyaan
10-06-2007, 08:21 AM
:sl:
i have noticed that some words in arabic are prefixxe with 'mu' as in muttaqoon, muflihoon, mujaahidoon,etc.
from this i understand that these words are always in the present verb form, and are/or mean that this is a lasting state, that does not change. am i correct??

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Danah
10-06-2007, 09:34 AM
وعليكم السلام

sister maryam, the words you mention are words describing someone who did the verb or the action.

for example:

muttaqoon

the gender of it is (ittaqa) or we can say the verb in the past
the present of it is (yattaqe)
and if we want to describe the one who did the verb (ittaqa or yattaqe), we said (muttaqe) this is for describing the singular person who did that action or verb

while if we want to describe bunch of people who did the verb I mentioned before we said (muttaqoon) . so, the (mu) is for decribing the people doing specific action

like:
muttaqoon
mufflehon
mqrion

to to make it more clear:
for the single:
he is muttaqe

for the plural:
they are muttaqoon

I hope that I did not confuse you more dear..........I am not that great in explanation. lol

back_to_faith
10-07-2007, 10:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by maryam11
i have noticed that some words in arabic are prefixxe with 'mu' as in muttaqoon, muflihoon, mujaahidoon,etc.
from this i understand that these words are always in the present verb form, and are/or mean that this is a lasting state, that does not change. am i correct??

The answer is easy

the words you mentioned are ADJECTIVES, in other words the person or the group who have such state, have it all the way (past-present-future)...

eg; if we describe a group as
muttaqoon

means they are (righteous) all the way...

:w:

Ummu Sufyaan
10-14-2007, 09:02 AM
ohh, i understand now. so, if we look at the name muhammad (as in the Prophet-sallalahu aleyhi wa salam), we can break it in two mo=what has just been described above, and hammad=im not sure, but im assuming that it has some thing to do with Hamd (praise of Allah). what is the exactly is the menaing of hammad, as in the last prat of the name??

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ghira
10-14-2007, 09:17 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by maryam11
ohh, i understand now. so, if we look at the name muhammad (as in the Prophet-sallalahu aleyhi wa salam), we can break it in two mo=what has just been described above, and hammad=im not sure, but im assuming that it has some thing to do with Hamd (praise of Allah). what is the exactly is the menaing of hammad, as in the last prat of the name??
Ha...That is the beauty of his name (saw). Yes, the 'Mu' in arabic gives possesion to something. Mu-Islam is someone who does aslama, someone who submits. Mu-adhan..Someone who gives the adhan. Muhammad (saw) both means he gives Hamd (praises/thanks) Allah very much. Muhammad (saw) is praised himself many times in this present times..even 1400 years later we say Sallahu alayhi wa salaam and many other durrood. We say many good things about our Prophet (saw), we praise him, we are grateful that he is sent as a mercy to mankind, and I don't think no one is mentioned more than him. Just look at how many times we say Allah bestow favor, blessing to Nabian Muhammad during prayer per day now multiply that by number of Muslims since the religion of Islam came to existence....an outstanding number...then Multiply that by even the Angels and Allah (swt) giving Salaat and Salaam on the Prophet (saw) and that is even more amazing. He (saw) is praised much and gives much praise to the Creator.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.