/* */

PDA

View Full Version : A question about Qiyamah?

abbas_ali
10-06-2007, 07:55 PM
Salaam all,

I have a question about Qiyamah which to be honest i'm very embrassed to ask as i feel i should know. I always thought that when we die, Allah judges us and we go to Janna or Jahanaam (inshallah Janna for all of us). I also know (or thought i knew) that Qiyamah was the Last Judgement and everyone is held accountable and we humans are finished and the World ends.

However, i've been doing a bit of reading and now the impression i am getting is that Every human, Muslim and non-Muslim alike, is held accountable for his or her deeds and are judged by Allah (which i already thought) but also i've read things like The dead rise from their graves and gather, waiting to be judged for their actions.

This hs now got me confused i thought those who have died have already been judged by Allah so if what has been happening if they will only be judged at Qiyamah all this time?

Sorry for the naivety of my question i just really want to know.
Jazallah-khair

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
lana1989.
10-07-2007, 09:37 AM
first when we die , we are asked about the basic things like who is ur prophit and what's your religion by the judgement angels , but ofcourse if u were a good person in ur live u will be able 2 answer easily and without being afraid but if u were a bad person u will crack and won't be able 2 answer , also ur grave will be a piece of paradise or a hole of hell according 2 ur overall deeds , so the person will know what his fate is going 2 be in the judgement day, but in the judgement day god will resend us from our graves and we will be judged on every single thing we commited in our lives . ( note : if u want any further info. about the phases of the judgement day tell me ).

Malaikah
10-07-2007, 09:49 AM
:sl:

Qiyamah- I think you mean Yawm al-Qiyamah? Which is a name for the day of judgement. We aren't judged until the day of judgement.

abbas_ali
10-07-2007, 10:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Malaikah

Qiyamah- I think you mean Yawm al-Qiyamah? Which is a name for the day of judgement. We aren't judged until the day of judgement.

So what happens when we die then years before judgement day?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Malaikah
10-07-2007, 11:50 AM

Well, you aren't judged yet, but some people will be punished in their graves, others will be at peace. This will continue until the day of judgement. So imagine, for some people they have been dead for thousands of years and are still being punished in their graves... (even though their bodied have decayed- the punishment is focused more on the soul).

Then, on the day of judgement EVERY single person who ever lived will be resurrected, they will be judged and then they will be taken either to heaven or hell.

That is the short version of events... it is really more complicated than that.

bewildred
10-07-2007, 07:40 PM
Sorry guys but I need to know the following:

We hear lotsa stories of people who go to hell or to el jenna. One saved by the fact of giving a stray dog some water....Other who went to hell for turning down a blind man "Surat Abassa".... Then, we read the "Isra'a wal mi'raj" and our prophet (puh) describing hellfire and the seven degrees of heaven........Yet, the judgement day hasn't happened yet. Do you get my point?????

S.

Chuck
10-07-2007, 10:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by bewildred

We hear lotsa stories of people who go to hell or to el jenna. One saved by the fact of giving a stray dog some water....Other who went to hell for turning down a blind man "Surat Abassa".... Then, we read the "Isra'a wal mi'raj" and our prophet (puh) describing hellfire and the seven degrees of heaven........Yet, the judgement day hasn't happened yet. Do you get my point?????

S.
It may not have been in this world's time. Time is relative and not absolute according to modern science.

al-muslimah
10-07-2007, 11:24 PM
Well that is simple the ones who died as true muslims will see their good deeds in the form of a happy and nice ,beautiful person who will keep them company till judgement day, also he /she will be shwon their position in jannah every morn and evening, as for the hypocrites and disbelievers will be shown their position in hell ,and an bad deeds will be in the form of an ugly, hideous person who will keep them compant till the qiyamah.The muslim sinners will be punished in their graves for their sins till the day of judgement and yes it is a physical torture and psychological torment, this is what is known as fitnatul qabr( the trials of the graves) so seek refuge from it! inshallah.
Allahum ini authbika min athabil qabr, wa min athabi jahanam, wa min fitnatil mahya wal mamat , wa min shari fitnatil masihi-dajjal.Ameen.

zeshkani
10-08-2007, 04:47 PM
Salam

Rasulullah said, 'When a person is buried and the people go away, two angels approach the deceased and ask three questions, a) Who is your lord? b) What is your religion? and c) Who is he (Rasulullah )?. A believer will answer all three questions and he will be honored with the clothing of Jannah. The window of Jannah will be opened for him and he will enjoy the sight of Jannah. On the contrary, a disbeliever will express regret at not being able to answer the questions. Upon that, an angel who is blind and deaf is appointed to punish him. Blind so that the angel does not see the punishment and feel mercy and deaf so that the punishment is not heard. The hammer used to punish a disbeliever is so heavy that it can reduce a mountain to dust. The disbeliever screams with pain and every creation can hear him besides human and Jinns.' (Mishkat)

Rasulullah said, 'The grave is a garden of paradise or a pit of hell.' (Ibid)
Rasulullah said, 'It has been revealed to me that the trial in the grave is similar to the trial of Dajjaal.' (Tirmidhi)

Camomilla
10-08-2007, 04:59 PM
May Allah(SWT) protect us from the punishment of the grave.

Nabooly
10-16-2007, 10:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Camomilla
May Allah(SWT) protect us from the punishment of the grave.
Ameen.

Sub7anallah :)

Daddy's Love
10-18-2007, 06:34 AM

I would like to add here by asking you and anyone who wishes to learn more on this informative and very important subject to read this document, i have saved it in Word & it is totally virus free and safe to open.

You can download this document here...SIGNS OF QIYAMAH

http://www.divshare.com/download/2391777-acc

I pray this will help all those interested in this topic, Insha Allah.

Jazakallah Khair...

Allah Hafiz,

Brother Salim :)

Malaikah
10-18-2007, 07:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by bewildred

You seem to be kinda confused... okay, i'll see how I can help.

The dog/water thing- a person gave the dog the water, and God forgave her because of it. Forgiveness can happen before the Day of Judgement. Note that forgiveness and judging aren't the same thing.

Surat 'Abasa- the person you are talking about was the prophet Muhammad pbuh! The surah doesn't say he is going to hell. (And of course he isn't, since that person is the Messenger!) The surah only rebukes him.

The hell-fire- the hell exists already, it isn't created on the Day of Judgement... It already exists.

Hope that helps!

Abdul-Raouf
10-18-2007, 09:33 AM
After death we enter into the world "Barzak" .... We will stay there until Judgement day...

A person if he is good then ...he will get the taste of heaven(means - he will relax happily).. in the grave itself... Similarly if he is bad... he will get the taste of hell(means - will be tortured) in the grave......

Until Judgement day....

Ummu Sufyaan
10-18-2007, 09:44 AM
thats a really good question.

Abdul-Raouf
10-18-2007, 09:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by abbas_ali

However, i've been doing a bit of reading and now the impression i am getting is that Every human, Muslim and non-Muslim alike, is held accountable for his or her deeds and are judged by Allah (which i already thought) but also i've read things like The dead rise from their graves and gather, waiting to be judged for their actions.
Only the muslims are questioned for their deeds...bro..

For non-muslims no questions regarding their deeds...

Hope im correct:-\ ?

First we are put in grave... then only on judgement day we move to Mahshar field...

(Its similar to the world situation... we are put in prison then we move to court...)

Ummu Sufyaan
10-18-2007, 09:53 AM
why/what makes you say that brother?

lmaestro
10-18-2007, 10:03 AM
Salam
Im going off-topic here,my question is before Islam,were the people of the book told that there is such a thing as "barzakh" or life in grave by Allah?

Abdul-Raouf
10-18-2007, 10:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by maryam11
why/what makes you say that brother?
Bro Abbas said....

format_quote Originally Posted by abbas_ali

However, i've been doing a bit of reading and now the impression i am getting is that Every human, Muslim and non-Muslim alike, is held accountable for his or her deeds and are judged by Allah.

3 things happen dependin on the human
  • Being a non-muslim and doing good deeds doesnt count in ALLAH's court...Thats why they are directly put in hell...
  • And only the muslim is asked about his deeds... and if he fails he is put in Hell for some duration(long duration - unimaginable)... then he is transfered to heaven...
  • If the muslim passes the trail... he is directly put in heaven....
Hope im correct

IceQueen~
10-18-2007, 10:14 AM
INDIVIDUAL (personal) Judgement begins as soon as an individual dies and returns to Allah (that is when he encounters rewards or punishments for his own personal actions)

The Day of Judgement (a set date only Allah knows) is when EVERYONE will be judged TOGETHER and they will be shown all their deeds in the books that the angels recorded them in etc

hope that makes sense:)

Ummu Sufyaan
10-18-2007, 11:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul-Raouf
Bro Abbas said....

• Being a non-muslim and doing good deeds doesnt count in ALLAH's court...Thats why they are directly put in hell...
  • And only the muslim is asked about his deeds... and if he fails he is put in Hell for some duration(long duration - unimaginable)... then he is transfered to heaven...
Hope im correct
I'll research this further, inshallah. i have never heard of this. but thats not to say that it isn't true.

Nabooly
10-18-2007, 11:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul-Raouf
Bro Abbas said....

Hope im correct
Hmm...ive actually never heard that. But it doesn't go along with what ive heard and know...(not saying your wrong though :) )

SAlam. :)

Ummu Sufyaan
10-19-2007, 11:08 AM
I found this. And it seems as if there is a scholary difference over whether the kaafir will be tested in his grave.
(2) Will the kaafir be tested in his grave?
The ahaadeeth that we have quoted indicate that the kuffaar will be tested in their graves. But AI-Hakeem at-Tirmidhi, Ibn 'Abd aI-Barr and Suyooti13 held a different view. AI-Hakeem at-Tirmidhi quoted as evidence, that they will not be questioned, the fact that when previous nations refused to respond to their Messengers, the punishment was hastened upon them, unlike this ummah from whom the punishment is withheld. The Messenger (صلىالله عليه وسلم) has been sent with the sword, so whoever enters Islam for fear of being killed, then becomes a hypocrite, will be punished in his grave. But what he says is subject to further discussion, because Allah did not destroy the disbelievers of other nations after He had sent down the Tawraat. 14 Ibn 'Abd aI-Barr quoted as evidence the sahih hadith in which the Prophet (صلىالله عليه وسلم) said: "This ummah will be tested in their graves"; some versions say, "will be questioned”15 The saheeh ahaadeeth refute this understanding, and indicate that this is not limited to the believers or to this ummah.
'Abd al-Haqq al-Ishbeeli, Ibn al-Qayyim, Qurtubi, As-Safaareeni and others were of the view that the questioning (in the grave) includes all people. 16
----------------------------------------
13 Lawaami' al-Anwaar al-Bahiyyah, 2/10
14 See Lawaami' al-Anwaar al-Bahiyyah by As-Safaareeni, 2/10
15 Lawaami' al-Anwaar dl-Bahiyyah by As-Safaareeni, 2/10; Tadhkirat al-Qurrubi,
16Lawaami' al-Anwaar al-Bahiyyah by As-Safaareeni, 2/10; Tadhkirat al-Qurtubi,
Source:The Minor Resurrection (What Happens After Death) In the Light of the Qur'an and Sunnah : The Final Day Book 1: Islamic Creed Series Volume 5. By: Umar S. al-Ashqar

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.