/* */

PDA

View Full Version : curious

جوري
10-07-2007, 03:57 AM
I often find onslaught of new comers with unusual screen names.. for instance let's take today's bunch (see below).. all 'undisclosed' on everything including participation.. was really wondering the psychology behind this.. br. woodrow you are a master in the human psyche.. and they have certainly piqued my curiosity.. what is this all about? ;D

here is a list of today's newbies

Dstyeglm
gennnniiikk
Hlgmjmri
Osbgchry
Guloqkcm

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Skillganon
10-07-2007, 04:08 AM
Yeah I see names like that in other forums.

They register, but never see them posting.

Who know's they may be russians or chinese, anyone from countries with wierd spelling that wan't to satisfy there curiosity

جوري
10-07-2007, 04:18 AM
I was thinking something more sinister like spies.. or hobbits or gnomes... :lol:

quite a change and different from our resident trolls you know?

sevgi
10-07-2007, 04:21 AM
i think ur on to something here purest...

i recon the old old non active members shud be deleted...so if they come bak, they will realise they need to be more active in the future...

as for their names...definitely gnomes...or irish leprechauns...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
wilberhum
10-07-2007, 04:52 AM

If all is suppose to be amorous. How did you get my picture?

Well I was much younger then. So you may not recognize me. :D

جوري
10-07-2007, 05:00 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by wilberhum
If all is suppose to be amorous. How did you get my picture?

Well I was much younger then. So you may not recognize me. :D
lol.. the scary thing and pls forgive me as it is Ramadan and all.. when I was browsing the pix of trolls I came across many and I named them all after our LI resident trolls but I thought the one above was a nice prototype?.. this is the one I thought most suited you in my mind's imagination

there was one of trolls under the star light-- and It made me think of one trolling and the rest of the trolls come to the aid :haha:

hmmmmn had to remove the trolls beneath the stars-- they changed on me--go figure

this was my all time favorite...

akh this thread made me smile.. :D

peace!

NoName55
10-07-2007, 05:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by PurestAmbrosia
I often find onslaught of new comers with unusual screen names.. for instance let's take today's bunch (see below).. all 'undisclosed' on everything including participation.. was really wondering the psychology behind this.. br. woodrow you are a master in the human psyche.. and they have certainly piqued my curiosity.. what is this all about? ;D

Dstyeglm
gennnniiikk
Hlgmjmri
Osbgchry
Guloqkcm

I think these are automated spam bots and fail to complete the verification:w:

snakelegs
10-07-2007, 05:51 AM

Dstyeglm
gennnniiikk
Hlgmjmri
Osbgchry
Guloqkcm

a most profound philosophical and existential question! ;D :giggling:
i too have pondered these things!

جوري
10-07-2007, 10:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by NoName55
I think these are automated spam bots and fail to complete the verification:w:
Sob7an Allah.. I am going to be honest, I was a bit abashed asking exactly what a 'spam bot' is?.. thank you for the link akhi.. Shouldn't this forum have a filter? seems they might do some damage.. I often wonder if forum 'down time' is due to one of them seeping a virus or something getting all our info, leaking it else where??? :mmokay:
I hope LI insha'Allah does something to clean up some of those..
since we are on subjects that I have no clue about.. last time forum went down, everyone was speaking of 'dos' something or another.. and everyone appeared to know exactly what that was except for me.. :-[ -- wonder if it could have been caused by one of these spammers?

format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
a most profound philosophical and existential question! ;D :giggling:
i too have pondered these things!
:lol: thank God, I was starting to worry about my state of mind fixating on SN's... :sunny:

NoName55
10-07-2007, 10:16 AM
Sob7an Allah.. I am going to be honest, I was a bit abashed asking exactly what a 'spam bot' is?.. thank you for the link akhi.. Shouldn't this forum have a filter?
I think they use captcha (picture of letter and numbers) or email verification to block them from going any further then first steps:w:

seems they might do some damage..
they only make a lot of rubbish posts with dirty links etc.
I often wonder if forum 'down time' is due to one of them seeping a virus or something ........ :mmokay:
no that could be a webmaster messing up when changing things or a dos attack where a malicious person simulates more hits than server capacity

جوري
10-07-2007, 06:30 PM
shokran akhi-- computer jargon down to my understanding
Jazaka Allah khyran

Yanal
10-08-2007, 01:12 AM
Asalam alakum i have noticed the swear word nijer instead of the j it is a g i think best is to report to muhammad thats what i did and the guy i think got deleted or changed his name i think these ppeople are people who join and than leave or join logg off turn of computer forget link and never find ever or they are just busy people(unlike br:woodrow) :D

The Ruler
10-12-2007, 06:23 PM
:sl:

Or perhaps it could be someone who's decided to test their motherboard here?

Ummu Sufyaan
10-16-2007, 05:17 AM
omg. this thread is just too funny. i noticed the same thing, and was intending to start a thread about this myself. i showed this to my sister, and we agreed that it must be the same person. i got frustrated trying to figure out what names/words like Yewzgpjh Juzivqnx Ephenihissuts muscxaternizz, meant. i was thinking what, what does yew(pause, think)zij....(another pause, another think)pijh mean (which is the easist way i could pronounce them). how do i read that?? thats when i realised that something fishy's goin' on.

jzcasejz
10-16-2007, 06:05 AM

As off-topic as it is...I had to do that book for English Literature last year! A pretty good book...lol

جوري
10-16-2007, 06:18 AM
Maybe it could be a part of our 'book club'? if that idea takes flight?..

Ummu Sufyaan
10-21-2007, 07:00 AM
lol. this is still continuing.

aqsakhan
11-17-2007, 02:10 PM
i think in the other way may be these are the people who come on the site get influenced log in but than they get themselves confused or may be get themselves apart from the forums as they dont know what to do further may be can be called people having less intrests
instead of deleting them unless they create soem problems we should make them attached to it with some manners

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.