/* */

PDA

View Full Version : ermm....*search history* shhhh!

anonymous
10-09-2007, 03:31 PM
:sl: *looks around*

I can't delete the search history from uni and i really wanna..the normal way to do it dont work *Arrrrghhhhh* i know am bein paranoid (hence the anon post) but ma real username is abit iffy aswell and I dont want ppl checkin up on meh (get meh) lol :p well yeah..anybody got any alternatives?

Pleeeez! else ima be livin a life of constant paranoia :scared: :w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ibn Al Aqwa
10-09-2007, 04:12 PM
lol, this is an idea

why dont you create two accounts yeh...so that after you finish on your proper account, then logout, login in to your second account(make sure the username isnt "iffy") and then logout back out again

lol, you have to be desperate to do that though....thats like, worse case scenario....final protoocal ;D

'Abd al-Baari
10-09-2007, 04:12 PM
:sl:

What browser are you using?

Kittygyal
10-09-2007, 04:18 PM
Salamualikum.

Ask the technitions :X

anywho why not log onto your account even though if it's 'iffy' just log on for two minutes on the same computer then delete then go to 'tools' then go to 'Internet Options' then go to 'Delete cookies' then go to 'Delete Files' then go to 'clear history' then press 'ok'

^ That depeneds what browser your using.. if not then leave it.. hope nothing bad you went on.. if you haven't you wouldn't been paniking eh? :p Joke

Ma'assalama

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
czgibson
10-09-2007, 04:19 PM
Greetings,
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous

I can't delete the search history from uni and i really wanna..the normal way to do it dont work *Arrrrghhhhh* i know am bein paranoid (hence the anon post) but ma real username is abit iffy aswell and I dont want ppl checkin up on meh (get meh) lol :p well yeah..anybody got any alternatives?

What's 'iffy' about your username? Is it badly spelled or something?

Btw, saying 'I dont want ppl checkin up on meh (get meh)' is bound to make people curious to try and check up on you.

Peace

Ibn Al Aqwa
10-09-2007, 04:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kittygyal
Salamualikum.

Ask the technitions :X

anywho why not log onto your account even though if it's 'iffy' just log on for two minutes on the same computer then delete then go to 'tools' then go to 'Internet Options' then go to 'Delete cookies' then go to 'Delete Files' then go to 'clear history' then press 'ok'

^ That depeneds what browser your using.. if not then leave it.. hope nothing bad you went on.. if you haven't you wouldn't been paniking eh? :p Joke

Ma'assalama

Shared computers, on a shared network are usually restricted, probably wouldnt have that kind of access on a computer at uni

Abdul Fattah
10-09-2007, 04:24 PM
Selam aleykum
This depends on which internet browser you use.
For IE7: On top left click Tools -> Internet options -> "general" tab -> browsing history: "Delete" -> Delete Forms
For firefox: On top left click Edit -> preferences -> "Privacy" tab -> private data: "settings" -> Make sure the following are ticked: "browsing history; cookies; saved form information; cache" -> ok -> then in previous window click: Private data: "clear now"

If this doesn't work, there's an alternative, first run windowsexplorer and go to:
c:\Documents and settings\[the name of your useraccount]\ snoop around a bit the files that keep this information should be in that folder somewhere. I forgot the exact location and I can't go check since I don't have windows installed. But it's probably in a directory like \IE7\history or something like that. If you can't find it, just delete the whole IE directory (don't worry, windows will build a new one so there's no harm).

If you don't have access to any of those things, then there's no way to delete it. For future reference, maybe try setting the options of the explorer so that it doesn't store forms before you start searching. You could also use lesser known search engines. Here's a list:http://win3.1.freeservers.com/psearch.htm That way at least your search querrys won't pop up every time someone types in something in Google. And you can only get burned if someone actually starts checking up on the saved forms.

ISLAMASWEENEY
10-09-2007, 04:25 PM
Desire That Will Get You A Long Wat

Kittygyal
10-09-2007, 04:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by -Ibn Adam-
Shared computers, on a shared network are usually restricted, probably wouldnt have that kind of access on a computer at uni
:sl:
Lol ;D ;D

I know it wouldn't ofcourse that would never happen at Uni... There too stingy with Facilities..

Anywho my mate lives in Uni and he is chattin this... but he's on Laptop thoe

and he sayin.... go on options at the top of the screen and then click on security and it should be an option under there

If that doesn't work then sowiee he doesn't know and i don't either so sowiee

Ma'assalama

Pk_#2
10-09-2007, 06:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous

LOL what have you been upta? ;D Just leave it. It shall dissapear after a few centuries, jokes :p

Re.TiReD
10-10-2007, 12:10 PM
:salamext:

edit

Ibn Al Aqwa
10-10-2007, 12:16 PM
1 second...there is no problem because...as you say you have seperate accounts right?

so when you turn on your computer at university, you have to log on to your own area...otherwise you cannot get onto the computer, yes?

well if this is the case, then you have no need to worry, because it remembers your LI username on your area, so if for example, someone else loaded up LI, then they would not see "your username" because they logged into a different account at the beginning

you get me?

Kittygyal
10-10-2007, 12:27 PM
Salamualikum.
But where it says 'username' and someone clicks on that the username would come up though, Trust me it will. Well if it's on same loggin ...
Who would get into your loggin though :X
Ma'assalama

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.