/* */

PDA

View Full Version : linguistic queries with understanding the quran: ASK HERE

Ummu Sufyaan
10-15-2007, 11:51 AM
:sl:
i thought that i should start a thread that will enable members, inshallah to ask those that are much more versed in arabic, any queries that they may have in regards to any linguistic issues they may have with trouble understanding in the quran.

here goes...
  • in surat az-zumar, verse 30. innaka maytun...
    Now as far as i understand, doesn't the word mayet mean dead. as in already dead. why has this word been used here, when the Prophet (sallalahu aleyhi wa salam) was still alive??
  • in surat saad, verse 17. wath kur 3bdanaa daawooda thal aydi innahoo awwaab.
    why isn't it innaho kaana awwab, considering the fact that dawwod, aleyhi salaam, died before the quran was revealed?? in other words, why is it in the present?
  • in surat al-baqarah, verse 91. qol falima taqtoloona anbiyaa2 allah.....
    again, why is taqtoloona in the present, when it happenend in the past.

inshallah, thats it for now. i hope its not beyond the scope of some members here.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ummu Sufyaan
10-18-2007, 11:10 AM
bump..anyone....come on, i have some more. lol.

NoName55
10-18-2007, 11:21 AM
http://www.islamicboard.com/islamic-...tml#post714141

:w:

Ummu Sufyaan
10-18-2007, 11:28 AM
jazakallahu khair.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.