/* */

PDA

View Full Version : is this hadeeth sahih

Ummu Sufyaan
10-15-2007, 12:07 PM
:sl:
put it in here, because it is in arabic. dosn't have the reference in the book where i found it.
))،
وَالتَّشَهُدُ الأَخِيرُ رُكْنٌ مَفْرُوضٌ، كَمَا فِي الحَدِيثِ عَنِ ابْنِ مَسْعُودٍ -رَضِيَ الله عَنْهُ- قَالَ: ((كُنَّا نَقُولُ قَبْلَ أَنْ يُفْرَضَ عَلَيْنَا التَّشَهُّدُ، السَّلاَمُ عَلَى الله مِنْ عِبَادِهِ، السَّلاَمُ عَلَى جِبْرِيلَ، وَمِيكَائِيلَ، وقال النبي -صَلَّى الله عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ-: لاَ تَقُولُوا: السَّلاَمُ عَلَى الله مِنْ عِبَادِهِ، فَإِنَّ الله هُوَ السَّلاَمُ وَلَكِنْ قُولُوا: ((التَّحِيَّاتُ لله وَالصَّلَوَاتُ وَالطَّيِبَاتُ، السَّلاَمُ عَلَيْكَ أَيُّهَا النَّبِيّ وَرَحْمَةُ الله وَبَرَكَاتُهُ، السَّلاَمُ عَلَيْنَا وَعَلَى عِبَادِ الله الصَّالِحِينَ أَشْهَدُ أَن لاَ إِلَهَ إِلاَّ الله وَأَشْهَدُ أَنَّ مُحَمَّدًا عَبْدُهُ وَرَسُولُهُ))

مَتن شُرُوط الصَّلاَة وَأَرْكَانِها وَوَاجِبَاتهَا

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ummu Sufyaan
10-15-2007, 11:54 PM
jazakallahu khair for that,brother, but i think there has been a misunderstanding.
in the arabic it says
كُنَّا نَقُولُ قَبْلَ أَنْ يُفْرَضَ
. yoffrad, as i have highlighted in red, as far as i know, comes from the word fard, which i have always known it to be obligatory.

so what im thinking is that maybe they have made a mistake in the translation. it generally dosn't seem to fit the arabic. rather it should be "we used to say, before it become obligatory (yofrad) upon us....." but they only have there
"Whenever we prayed behind the Prophet , we used to recite: "As-Salaam (Peace) be upon Allah from His slaves and As-Salaam be upon so-and-so and so-and-so, until the Prophet told us: "Do not say: "As-Salaam be upon Allah ," for verily, He is As-Salaam." 1
it seems that they have completely ommited the statement in question. somebody please correct me if im wrong, although i feel pretty confidet that im not.
or perhaps there is more than one narration.

MadeenJibreel
10-16-2007, 01:44 AM

what would be the translation of "attahiyatu lillahi ..."?
I though we say salam to Allahu ta'ala at the very beginning of the sitting in salah?

Caller الداعي
10-16-2007, 11:37 AM
i think the translation the brother gave was not of the exact same hadith but of one which is mentioned in bukhari and muslim which says كنا اذا صلينا مع النبي

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ummu Sufyaan
10-16-2007, 11:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by MadeenJibreel

I though we say salam to Allahu ta'ala at the very beginning of the sitting in salah?
check the mening of it here, on pgs 13 and 14
sorry, dont know the answer to your second query.

format_quote Originally Posted by caller
i think the translation the brother gave was not of the exact same hadith but of one which is mentioned in bukhari and muslim which says كنا اذا صلينا مع النبي
yes, it seems that way. click on the livk provided and scroll down.

S_87
10-16-2007, 01:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MadeenJibreel

no we dont :?

we say ' Assalaamualayka ayyuhannabiyyu wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh...'

which is peace be upon you on messenger and Allahs mercy and blessings (be upon you)
the first part of attahiyatu translates roughly as

all worship whether through words bodily action or wealth are due to Allah.

Ummu Sufyaan
10-17-2007, 03:43 AM
i do understand what you mean, brother. i'm pretty sure that i have read that in a couple of places. i was just baffled as to why it is obligatory in the last sitting, but not in the first. so the hadith i meantioned in my first post was the first source i came across that answered my question, but i needed to check if it was authentic, as the book i read it in didn't specifiy.

we say ' Assalaamualayka ayyuhannabiyyu wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh...'

which is peace be upon you on messenger and Allahs mercy and blessings (be upon you)
the first part of attahiyatu translates roughly as

all worship whether through words bodily action or wealth are due to Allah.
sis amani, the meaning can be found in one of my previous posts to the this thread, inshallah. :)

Ummu Sufyaan
10-24-2007, 10:55 AM
well i found the hadith reference if anyone is interested.
The translation
The final Tashahhud is an obligatory pillar, as is stated in the hadeeth reported by Ibn Mas’ood (radyAllaahu ‘anhu), who said: “Before the tashahhud was made obligatory on us, we would say: ‘As-Salaamu ‘alaaAllaahi min ‘Ibaadihi. As-Salaamu ‘alaa Jibreel wa Mikaa’eel.’ [Peace be on Allaah from His servants. Peace be on Jibreel and Mikaa’eel]. So the Prophet (sallAllaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) said: ‘Do not say: Peace (Salaam) be on Allaah, for indeed Allaah, He is As-Salaam. Instead say: At-Tahiyyaatu Lillaahi was-Salawaatu wat-Tayyibaat.
As-Salaamu ‘alayka ayyuhaan-Nabee wa Rahmatullaahi wa Barakaatuh. As-Salaamu ‘alaynaa wa ‘alaa ‘Ibaadillaahis-Saaliheen. Ash-hadu an Laa Ilaaha
IllaaAllaah wa Ash-hadu anna Muhammadan ‘abduhu wa Rasooluh.’16” 17
---------------------------------
16 Translator’s Note: This means “All acts of praise, supplications, and good are for Allaah. Peace be on you O Prophet, and also the mercy and blessings of Allaah. Peace be on us, and on the righteous slaves of Allaah. I bear witness that no one has the right to be worshipped except Allaah and that Muhammad is His slave and Messenger.”
17 Reported by Al-Bukhaaree in his Saheeh
Source

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.