/* */

PDA

View Full Version : what do you think

Ummu Sufyaan
10-16-2007, 11:00 AM
:sl: well i got this idea from sis purest ambrosia's thread, book club.
but i think we should have a specific section for deen books. i've just taken this from her post.
each member will be given a chance to recommend a book and that person should be the arbiter of the discussion.. say I recommend one book, then see how many can get it, once we all have it, then we assign a discussion about it, say once a week or so, everyone puts their input, what, they thought of it, learned, points of focus, interests.. then the next person suggests another book..
so yeah, basically we do the same thing. i think it would be good for those that want to revise. like me:D
so for example we take a chapter out of the book "the sealed nector," disscus some points that some members may have had trouble understanding (assuming we have the evidence to bak it up), discuss what we learnt, what we missed, etc.
so what do you think.
:sl:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Umm Yoosuf
10-20-2007, 05:07 PM
Wa Alaikumussalaam Wa Rahmatulaah,

Masha Allah it seems like a good idea. Lets see what others and the rest of the staff think :)

'Abd al-Baari
10-20-2007, 05:27 PM

yh i think its a good idea too :)
very beneficial too :thumbs_up

nadia85
10-20-2007, 05:28 PM
yeh sure good idea

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ummu Sufyaan
10-21-2007, 07:12 AM
alhamduliah, im glad there has been a positive outcome. even if it is just with a few members i think we shhould still go ahead with this. i love these sort of discussions. they're so enlightining. you leave feeling so good.

anways, before we start, i just want to know what everyone is reading, or atleast in which area, such as aqeedah, seerah, etc. just so that inshallah, we can be on the same level.
should we start anywhere, or at a specific point and work our way down? such as aqeedah, prayers etc.

Umu 'Isa
10-21-2007, 10:09 AM
:salamext:
It's a good idea sis mashaAllaah. I think it would be a good idea to start from aqeedah and tawheed etc. first and then work our way to other topics insha Allaah.

'Abd al-Baari
10-21-2007, 11:02 AM

I think that the Sealed Nectar is a good idea to start with too :thumbs_up, Inshallah

Ummu Sufyaan
10-21-2007, 11:06 AM
oh really. i thought a good topic would be aqeedah as this is the most important, something which people (including myself) are quite ignorant with.
but if everyone else agrees with the sealed nector, what are we waiting for?
lets get started.

'Abd al-Baari
10-21-2007, 11:20 AM

Do you not think we should wait for some more people to join..but its up to you..i have the book so i can start when ever you say :)

S_87
10-21-2007, 11:25 AM

great idea inshaAllah

Ummu Sufyaan
10-21-2007, 11:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by <Abdullah>

Do you not think we should wait for some more people to join..but its up to you..i have the book so i can start when ever you say :)
okay, i'll give another 2 days for people to join. its not official. they can leave and come in whenever they want. like i said, even if its only three people, that would be sufficient.

Ummu Sufyaan
10-24-2007, 07:29 AM
should we start?

'Abd al-Baari
10-24-2007, 12:22 PM

yh :)
Maybe we should open a thread in a more appropriate section

Ummu Sufyaan
10-24-2007, 12:25 PM
okay, no offence but you do that. i've gotta take a snooze now. inshallah, by the time i wake up, it should be up and running.

islamic_sister
10-24-2007, 01:10 PM
how would we get the books? online books or...

Ummu Sufyaan
10-24-2007, 11:42 PM
i think with most books you csn get them with PDF. if we're to start with the sealed nector, im dont know if you can get this book in PDF.

snakelegs
10-25-2007, 04:52 AM
pdf
http://comp.uark.edu/~muslim/publica...Al-Makhtum.pdf

regular
http://www.al-sunnah.com/nektar/

Ummu Sufyaan
10-25-2007, 04:53 AM
thanks

'Abd al-Baari
10-25-2007, 10:29 AM

Ok..i'll open the thread in General and if its wrong maybe one of the mods can move it

Ummu Sufyaan
10-25-2007, 11:07 AM
go for it, inshallah.

'Abd al-Baari
10-25-2007, 11:22 AM

Done :)
http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...book-club.html

true believer
11-10-2007, 03:03 PM
great idea
like it

aqsakhan
11-16-2007, 06:48 AM
Mashahallah nice idea dear sister

Ummu Sufyaan
11-16-2007, 07:26 AM
groovy. check out the link.http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...book-club.html (LI's Islamic Book Club)
:sunny:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!