/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Question on Da3eef Hadiths

Ummu Sufyaan
10-18-2007, 03:11 AM
:sl:
i am wondering about the topic of da3eef hadith, and want to know, what evicence there is for schalors not using it. I, myself always ask for authentic evidence, and logically, i wouldn't take evidence from a liar, but its just nice to base your actions upon something.
I heard, aswell, that the only time the ulema (scholars) use da3eef hadiths are under certain conditions. is this true, and if so, what are these conditions?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ummu Sufyaan
11-07-2007, 06:40 AM
bump....

al-muslimah
11-16-2007, 04:25 AM
Well the scholars have diffently agreed on the fact that one cannot use daeef ahadeeth as evidence and other ahadeeth like munkar, majhul, and mawdoo',etc.What exactly do you mean?

Ummu Sufyaan
11-16-2007, 04:29 AM
im not sure.:D lol....i didnt even take the ones you mentioned into consideration.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Silver Pearl
11-16-2007, 06:55 AM
:wasalamex

This might be of help:

Imaam Nawawi (rahimullaah) said in Kitaab-ul-Adhkaar:

"The ulama among the experts in hadeeth and the experts in law and others have said: it is permissible and (also) recommended that the religious practice concerning good deeds and good character, encouragement to good and discouragement from evil be based (even) on weak hadith as long as it is not forged (maudu).

As for ahkaam (legal rulings) such as what is permitted and what is forbidden, or the modalities of trade, marriage, divorce and other than that: one's practice is not based upon anything other than saheeh or hasan hadeeth, except as a precaution in some matter related to one of the above, for example, if a weak hadeeth was cited about the reprehensibility of certain kinds of sales or marriages. In such cases what is recommended is to avoid such sales and marriages, but it is not obligatory."

However, Sheikh-ul Islaam, Ibn Taymiya (rahimullaah) and Abu Al-Arabi Al-Maliki (rahimullaah) were of the opinion that you could not use weak narrations full stop. There are other scholars who adhered to this opinion. On the other hand there were other scholars who agreed with Imaam Nawawi (rahimullaah) such as Ibn Hajar Asqalani,Al-Khateeb Al-Baghdadi and generally the Hanafi school of thought.

Allaahu'3llaam.

Ummu Sufyaan
11-16-2007, 07:40 AM
interesting...jazakallahu khair

angelfuzion
12-16-2007, 11:15 AM
do u guys know where can i ask about the authencity of narrations

'Abd al-Baari
12-16-2007, 11:22 AM

try asking here and Insha'Allah someone will help you, or point you in the write direction :)

Ummu Sufyaan
12-16-2007, 11:39 AM
for more info concerning my initial question, as well this one
do u guys know where can i ask about the authencity of narrations
try these lectures, inshallah, by Yasir Qahdi. They're are called Usool al Hadith (the fundamentals of hadith). The latter question i think (if im understanding correctly) is mentioned in the later lectures. they're really good!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.