/* */

PDA

View Full Version : An idea

noodles
10-19-2007, 12:03 AM
As you know, some of our regular members on the forum were ridiculously tortured during the month of Ramadan by the World affairs and the Comparative religion sections closing. Of course the closings for Ramadan were for entirely different purposes (ie. to dissuade arguments and such) often times complaints have been made that these two sections aren't being monitored properly and such.

Yes, I have noticed that to some extent alot of jargon that goes up there is approved by the Mods and they have their reasons for approving it. However, I'd like to propose an idea to the mods for monitoring these two sections.

Sure these ideas have their faults but just read through it and put forth the comments.

I have no doubt that the majority of the deleted posts come from these two sections. So how do you monitor them with out exhausting the mods? Well one way to do it would be to have a similar concept of negative reputation. Instead of reporting a post, you can flag it as in-appropriate and if the flagging reaches a certain number, the mods can have a look and decide for themselves. If the post doesn't reach that number, the mods wouldn't bother.

However the bottom side of that idea is that it might be unfair to some distinct groups in here who might feel targeted because of the lack of their fellow mates to defend their idea.

It could also increase the workload for the Mods because people would be flagging posts up, down, left and right.

Another solution could be to give trusted(regular) members this job. And so the load could decrease somewhat.

I haven't a clue if this idea was proposed before or not, OR if it is original or not :p, but reply and tell me what you think :)

salam

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.