/* */

PDA

View Full Version : laughing

welcome_islam
10-20-2007, 06:34 PM
:sl: I read on someone on the internet that we are not allowed to make people laugh, is this true?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Umm Yoosuf
10-21-2007, 12:49 PM
Thread Approved

ibn suleman
10-22-2007, 08:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by welcome_islam
:sl: I read on someone on the internet that we are not allowed to make people laugh, is this true?
:w:

we are not allowed to make people laugh by lying, truthful jokes are allowed. and there are many instances where the sahabah and prophet s.a.w joked with each other masha'allah

(although the Prophet s.a.w didnt laugh like we do, his laugh was more of a big smile masha'Allah, when his back teeth became visible.)

aligzander
10-22-2007, 09:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by welcome_islam

I dont think so.

An old woman came to the Prophet (صلى الله عليه و سلم) and said: “O Messenger of Allah, pray to Allah (سبحانه و تعالى) that I will enter Paradise.” He said jokingly, “O Mother of So-and-so, no old women will enter Paradise.” The old woman went away crying, so the Prophet (صلى الله عليه و سلم) said, “Tell her that she will not enter Paradise as an old woman, for Allah (سبحانه و تعالى) says: (We have created [their Companions] of special creation, and made them virgin-pure [and undefiled]) (Qur’an 56:35-36).”

But the Prophet (صلى الله عليه و سلم) teach us not to laugh to much.

Abu Hurayra (رضى الله عنه) reported that the Prophet (صلى الله عليه و سلم) said: "Laugh little. Much laughter kills the heart."

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AhlaamBella
10-22-2007, 09:14 AM
I know we shouldn't laugh loudly....

aligzander
10-23-2007, 01:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by DeepOcean

How about the others?

The main reason why we are here is to convey the message and share the knowledge for the sake of Allah (سبحانه و تعالى).

*KB*
10-23-2007, 01:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by DeepOcean
Assalamualaykum

I heard this as well and that laughing at night is wrong because it is the shaytan making you laugh a lot. But smiling is ok isn't it? :D^o)

Assalamualaykum
*KB*
:coolious:

islamic_sister
10-24-2007, 02:14 PM
i didnt know that...thanks.

-Elle-
10-27-2007, 12:53 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by *KB*
Assalamualaykum

I heard this as well and that laughing at night is wrong because it is the shaytan making you laugh a lot. But smiling is ok isn't it? :D^o)

Assalamualaykum
*KB*
:coolious:
I've never heard that before...:hmm:
any sources available?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.