/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Du'a Translation Request...

.: Jannati :.
10-20-2007, 08:33 PM
:sl: Brothers & Sisters

can anyone translate this Du'a literally word for word?

اللهم أجرني في مصيبتي واخلفني خيرا منها

Jazaak'Allahu Khair!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
10-20-2007, 09:11 PM
~ bump ~

10-20-2007, 10:49 PM
:sl:

anyone?

chacha_jalebi
10-20-2007, 11:11 PM
isnt that the dua for like musibats...

allahuma ajirni fee museebati wakhlifni khairan minhaa ...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
10-20-2007, 11:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi
isnt that the dua for like musibats...

allahuma ajirni fee museebati wakhlifni khairan minhaa ...
yeah it is, the prophet :arabic5: adviced it to be made, at times of loss and misfortunes a famous example is Umm Salamah reciting the Adiyah when Abu Salamah passed away...and subhan'Allah she was then blessed to be married to the prophet :arabic5: himself..

I kinda do know what it means, and what the Du'a is actually for but I wanted a word for word translation insha'Allah..

chacha_jalebi
10-20-2007, 11:19 PM
lol look @ translation for musibats - loss and fortune :p hah english is posh

sister it means

Allah reward me for times of musibats and giv me betta afterwards.... i think :D

10-20-2007, 11:22 PM
lol look @ translation for musibats - loss and fortune :p hah english is posh

sister it means

O Allah, reward me in my misfortune and give me better than it afterwards,'
really? I was told that it had extended meaning than the one you stated..like an extra word or something..lol

anyway, Jazaak'Allahu Khairan! :thumbs_up

chacha_jalebi
10-20-2007, 11:26 PM
usually it says

innal lillahi wa inna raji oon

to Allah (swt) we belong and to him we return ... then the dua

but i hope someone more knowlegdable can help you outtt

10-20-2007, 11:30 PM
usually it says

innal lillahi wa inna raji oon

to Allah (swt) we belong and to him we return ... then the dua

but i hope someone more knowlegdable can help you outtt

you're right, but I only missed that part out as I know what it means

insha'Allah... I doubt the meaning will be any different though wallahu Alam.

amirah_87
10-21-2007, 04:31 PM
Umm Salamah RadiyAllaahu 'anhaa reported that Allah's Messenger salalAllaahu 'alayhi wasallam said:
"Whenever an affliction strikes a muslim and he says, as Allah commanded him, "Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi rajiun. Allahumma ajirni fi musibati, wa akhlif li khayran minha - To Allah we belong, and to Him will we return - O Allah, reward me for my affliction and replace it for me with that which is better," Allah will then surely replace it for him with that which is better."

Hope that helps.

:wasalamex

AabiruSabeel
07-11-2009, 10:13 PM
A member has requested the transliteration of this Du'a. I am posting the Hadith with translation here.

Source: http://hadith.al-islam.com/Display/D...Doc=1&Rec=1993

‏ عن ‏أم سلمة زوج النبي ‏ ‏صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏ ‏تقول ‏
سمعت رسول الله ‏ ‏صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏ ‏يقول ‏ ‏ما من عبد تصيبه مصيبة فيقول ‏
إنا لله وإنا إليه راجعون ‏ اَللّهُمَّ أْجُرْنِي فِي مُصِيبَتِي ‏ ‏وَأَخْلِفْ ‏ ‏لِي خَيْرًا مِنْهَا إلا أجره الله في مصيبته وأخلف له خيرا منها قالت فلما توفي ‏ ‏أبو سلمة ‏ ‏قلت كما أمرني رسول الله ‏ ‏صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏ ‏فأخلف الله لي خيرا منه رسول الله ‏ ‏صلى الله عليه وسلم (رواه مسلم)ـ

246. Umme-Salamah Radiyallahu 'anha, the wife of Rasulullah Sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam, narrates: I heard Rasulullah Sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam saying: Never a slave of Allah, afflicted with a calamity, who says (the following words), except that Allah will grant him for his calamity better than that:

Inna lillahi wa inna ilaihi raji'oon. Allahumma'jurni fi musibati wa akhlif li khairam-minha
Verily unto Allah we belong, and unto Him shall we return. O Allah! Reward me in my calamity, and grant me from it something better than that.
She said: When Abu Salamah Radiyallahu 'anhu died, I supplicated as Rasulullah Sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam had ordered me; so Allah then granted me Rasulullah Sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam (as a husband), better than him. (Muslim)

The scan and translation is taken from the book Muntakhab Ahadeeth.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.