/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Raping virgins before their execution

Michael
10-21-2007, 08:44 AM
I read on an anti-Islamic site that virgins condemned to death were raped before their execution, because supposedly virgins go straight to Paradise when they die and they want them to go to hell instead. In Marina Nemat's book Prisoner of Tehran, Marina is forced to marry one of the prison guards of Evin prison. She asks him if it is true that virgins condemned to death are raped, and he didn't say anything.

This practice (making someone go to hell) seems completely un-Islamic. Does this actually happen or is this just one of those anti-Islamic lies going about? And I doubt that there's anything in the Qur'an and Hadith about it at all, but can someone who has studied them in depth please just reassure me?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
snakelegs
10-21-2007, 08:56 AM
i don't know the answer.
but i am curious, as a new revert, what do you hope to learn from anti-islamic websites?

aamirsaab
10-21-2007, 09:01 AM
:sl:
I've never heard of that. I'd recommend you do not visit that anti-islamic site or any others - it'll bring you no benefit.

If you wish to learn a lot about Islamic history and similar topics, your local imam should do for now, don't waste your time on views put by non or ex-muslims - they know little and understand even less.

Umar001
10-21-2007, 09:19 AM
Salam Aleykum guys,

Just want to say, in my experience, sometimes time is wasted on checking everything. I think its important but sometimes we need to realise shaytan actually wants us to spend time on minor things instead of big things. For example, an ex Christian spending days trying to refute a point about christianity instead of learning the conditions of prayer or shahada.

As for the thing, it'd be pretty interesting to know how authentic that is.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muslim Knight
10-21-2007, 09:30 AM
Bro Michael, Islam goes as far as to forbid one from even going near zinaa (unlawful sexual intercourse outside of marriage) so how can it condone the raping of virgins before their executions?

Your suspicion about the absence of those kind of teaching in the Quran and Hadith is warranted. We are not taught those evil acts to be the fundamental religious act in our religion.

جوري
10-21-2007, 01:11 PM
It is a rites of passage to spend ones speculative years on anti-Islamic sites and even chats.. though chats are worst since the words are lost in cyber space and at the end of the day you realize what a waste that was, but at any rate.. from experience, I used to spend hours refuting, their arguments would get weak replies but still full of insults and hate, then a couple of days afterwards all I'd written would be erased, and we'd start the whole vicious cycle over...

Those people aren't interested in learning, anymore than 'street workers' are interested in becoming nuns.. honest truth to God it is a total waste of time... intelligent and serious people go to libraries or purchase books to learn, not into some dark crevice of the web, where their anonymity affords them probably the only leverage and superiority they'll ever feel in their life time...

do you know this guy?

from the simpsons? the computer guy? fat sweaty and on the web all day, probably peddling in illegals in his basement?-- just think of that fellow, every time you frequent one of those sites and wonder why they are so bloody hateful... and hopefully with any luck, you'll realize, that it is nothing but a waste of time..

:w:

S_87
10-21-2007, 01:27 PM
:sl:

this is totally wrong the people doing this are even more stupid. do they think that they have any say in wether a person deserves heavan or hell?

such a thing reminds me of people who have said to shoot muslims with something of a pig on the bullet. i find that pathetically sad because Allah can see this Allah knows this and Allah will not bring a person who dies in such a way for account to this!

same goes with rape. those who rape the girl will get the punishment not the girl. even if she is raped without execution under islamic law the man gets the punishment not the woman.

may Allah curse such people who think they have power to put people in heavan or hell

NoName55
10-21-2007, 01:30 PM
[removed part personally insulting thread starter]

bit like going to doctor King and saying leaders of klan are saying this that and the other

or going to a donkey cart seller for tips on how to service one's car/automobile

nevesirth
10-21-2007, 01:46 PM
sick stuff, if any group claiming to be muslims induldge in this pathetic act, its only clear to see they are just beasts and deranged fools claiming to be muslim.

Isambard
10-21-2007, 02:40 PM
Ive heard of similar stories. Such things do happen and although some muslims dont like to hear it, there are those out there who do commit some nasty crimes in the name of Allah. Calling yourself a muslim doesnt mean you are automatically a flowerchild with a smile and a love for all of Gods creatures.

That said, this is a political issue as opposed to a religious one.

And why not hear opinions of non-muslims/ex-muslims. Its good to hear an outside perspective.

Stealing from PA's example, its like that episode where Mr.Burns surronds himself with Yes-Men and he goes bankrupt because they only told him things he liked a opposed to things he needed to hear.

Removed personal message to another member - seemed hostile

sevgi
10-21-2007, 02:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Isambard
Ive heard of similar stories. Such things do happen and although some muslims dont like to hear it, there are those out there who do commit some nasty crimes in the name of Allah. Calling yourself a muslim doesnt mean you are automatically a flowerchild with a smile and a love for all of Gods creatures.

That said, this is a political issue as opposed to a religious one.

And why not hear opinions of non-muslims/ex-muslims. Its good to hear an outside perspective.

Stealing from PA's example, its like that episode where Mr.Burns surronds himself with Yes-Men and he goes bankrupt because they only told him things he liked a opposed to things he needed to hear.
until ur final personal note, i loved ur post!

couldnt have put it better myself.

poga
10-21-2007, 02:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Michael
I read on an anti-Islamic site that virgins condemned to death were raped before their execution, because supposedly virgins go straight to Paradise when they die and they want them to go to hell instead. In Marina Nemat's book Prisoner of Tehran, Marina is forced to marry one of the prison guards of Evin prison. She asks him if it is true that virgins condemned to death are raped, and he didn't say anything.

This practice (making someone go to hell) seems completely un-Islamic. Does this actually happen or is this just one of those anti-Islamic lies going about? And I doubt that there's anything in the Qur'an and Hadith about it at all, but can someone who has studied them in depth please just reassure me?
:sl:rape is rape
in islam we kill rapist
rape happens without other persons will
so if we do things against our will what is sin
ALLAH said he forgives them:w:

tomtomsmom
10-21-2007, 03:03 PM
Back to the topic at hand.

format_quote Originally Posted by Michael

First of all bro, you should listen to the advice given and not visit those sites anymore. They are made to make people hate a religion. That isn't right no matter what religion you are. Being so new to this you should try to surround yourself by positive influences. If you have questions a very good site is www.islamqa.com I have used them often and they have been very helpful to me.

As for your question, it is very possible that this happens. Is it right? I highly doubt it. Very often cultural traditions or politics are mixed with what Islam says. It can be hard at times to see the difference at times. If you think that there is a custom that is against Islam but is said to be Islamic, look it up. Dig for the truth. Don't follow these things blindly. It may mean the difference of heaven and hell when the time comes!

IbnAbdulHakim
10-21-2007, 03:10 PM
make yourself stronger before taking hits so that you can take it and counter it....

جوري
10-21-2007, 03:58 PM
Enough!

Woodrow
10-21-2007, 06:05 PM
all that needs to be said on this topic has been said.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.