/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Men can marry 4 times - any conditions?

S.A.
10-24-2007, 06:26 AM
:sl: everyone,

Hope everyone is doing fine inshallah.

I have signed up for one Arabic course. So yesterday during the class the instructor brought up the topic of how some arab women refuse to let their husbands marry 2nd, 3rd, or 4th times and that it is wrong and etc. I felt something was wrong in what he said so I said that there are some conditions that should be considered by men before opting for more than 1 marriage.

Actually, I said that because i had read somewhere or heard from some sheikh i think on tv that it is preferred that men marry more than 1 times only in case they are pleased physically from their wive(s), or his current wife's health is always very unstable - so to take care of her - or some other reasons i do not remember. But i am def sure i have read/heard these cirsumstances.

But then again i found Surah Nisa in Ayah 3 - 5 which said that men should marry more than 1 wife. If they feel they wont be able to treat them equally only in that case men should marry only once.

Now iam confused. Does anyone know about the conditions that i have mentioned above? Any clarifications?

As salam alaikum.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ummah
10-24-2007, 02:49 PM
Asalaamualaikum

the reason why it is wrong for a woman to refuse her husband the act of polygamy is because, if Allah swt has given that right to a man, who are we mere humans to refuse men that God-given right? It would be disrespectful
However its not so onesided. Islam being a religion of logic and reasonableness applies the notion of common courtesy. In nearly all cultures and societies i can think of, it would be unnatural to the foundations of a matrimonial relationship for a husband not to tell his wife he was getting married again, or give her emotions and opinions some grounding.

Adultery is a terrible sin both in this life and the hereafter, anything to prevent it should be done.

But yes if a man cannot treat each wife equal, then it is much better for him to remain married to one only.

Apart from this i have no authorotative sources for you so please dont quote me.

rozeena
10-24-2007, 02:53 PM
can a wife leave her hubby if he gets married again??? as im jus finkin if i was marrid n my hubby sed he wants 2 get marrid again. id find it reali hard 2 share my hubby if u knw wt i mean??? dnt knw if dt sounds selfish!!!

islamirama
10-24-2007, 03:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by rozeena
can a wife leave her hubby if he gets married again??? as im jus finkin if i was marrid n my hubby sed he wants 2 get marrid again. id find it reali hard 2 share my hubby if u knw wt i mean??? dnt knw if dt sounds selfish!!!
Sisters need to realize it is a right given to them(men) and they can practice it anytime they want. Some sisters out there try to reason out some "need" or "requirement" that met before he is allowed. He is allowed without any reason. As for him marrying more than one, he needs to qualify first. Only qualifications he needs it that he be able to handle it (financially, emotionally, physically, etc).

As for your question, if a woman wants divorce on the grounds that her husband exercised his right to marry again, then she would have to ask for khula and forgo the mahr. Now if she's smart (not too many out there), then she can stipulate that in her nikah contract that he can't marry another woman while being married to her and doing so will nullify their contract.

all this can be found at www.islamqa.com

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
rozeena
10-24-2007, 03:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamirama
Sisters need to realize it is a right given to them(men) and they can practice it anytime they want. Some sisters out there try to reason out some "need" or "requirement" that met before he is allowed. He is allowed without any reason. As for him marrying more than one, he needs to qualify first. Only qualifications he needs it that he be able to handle it (financially, emotionally, physically, etc).

As for your question, if a woman wants divorce on the grounds that her husband exercised his right to marry again, then she would have to ask for khula and forgo the mahr. Now if she's smart (not too many out there), then she can stipulate that in her nikah contract that he can't marry another woman while being married to her and doing so will nullify their contract.

all this can be found at www.islamqa.com
thnks 4 dat bro! sorri wts khula n forgo mean?

10-24-2007, 03:08 PM
You are allowed to make it a condition in the marriage pact though

And there was that hadith something like this:
Ali (ra) wanted to marry again but Fatima (ra) was upset by it. So he went to the prophet (saw) and told him. And the prophet (saw) said that if she is upset then he would be upset- so Ali (ra) didn't.

Ummah
10-24-2007, 03:18 PM
oh can i also say, the highly restrictive nature of polygamy is highlighted in the Quran where Allah swt makes obvious that the ideal is for people to contract in monogomy of marriage. e.g. in the Quran is says: ‘You cannot keep perfect balance emotionally between your wives, however much you desire it’ (IV: 130)

islamirama
10-24-2007, 03:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ummah
oh can i also say, the highly restrictive nature of polygamy is highlighted in the Quran where Allah swt makes obvious that the ideal is for people to contract in monogomy of marriage. e.g. in the Quran is says: ‘You cannot keep perfect balance emotionally between your wives, however much you desire it’ (IV: 130)
are you trying to misuse those verses to justify woman's reasoning of forbidding men from polygny?

The Quran says you can marry 1,2,3,4 and IF you fear you will not be able to treat them justly then only one. What this means is some men can marry more than one who are more wiser with a good head on their shoulders verses those emotional type who can't even handle one to think about another.

And Quran says also something like you'll never be able to do it justly because our human nature, but it doesn't forbid men from marrying though, only highlight some of their weakness and inability to be just equally.

----

khula = a divorce initiated by wife where by she forgo (gives up) her mahr and other stuff given to her.

Ummah
10-24-2007, 03:41 PM
^ calm down, read my first post in this thread, and you will see that my intention was never to misuse the verses of the Quran. (you actually ignored my first post in this thread and repeated most of what i said anyway! lol!)

Astaghfirullah what an accusation. I wont be returning to this thread !

tomtomsmom
10-24-2007, 03:50 PM
are you trying to misuse those verses to justify woman's reasoning of forbidding men from polygny?

The Quran says you can marry 1,2,3,4 and IF you fear you will not be able to treat them justly then only one. What this means is some men can marry more than one who are more wiser with a good head on their shoulders verses those emotional type who can't even handle one to think about another.

And Quran says also something like you'll never be able to do it justly because our human nature, but it doesn't forbid men from marrying though, only highlight some of their weakness and inability to be just equally.

----

khula = a divorce initiated by wife where by she forgo (gives up) her mahr and other stuff given to her.
Could you clarify? If the Quran says that you will never be able to treat them justly then shouldn't the man believe that? If so then how can he marry more than one.

PLEASE NOTE: I am not trying to start any type of argument over this. I am asking because I genuinely want to know.

MinAhlilHadeeth
10-24-2007, 03:53 PM
There is no contradiction in the verses regarding polygamy

Question: Concerning polygyny, it is stated in the Qur.aan:

{If you fear that you will not be able to deal justly [with more then one wife], than [marry] only one}, [Soorah an-Nisaa., Aayah 3].

However, in another place, it states:

{You will never be able to do perfect justice between your wives even if it is your ardent desire}, [Soorah an-Nisaa., Aayah 129].

In the first verse, the condition of being just among the wives is stated while in the second it makes it clear that the condition of justice could never be met. Does this mean that the first verse is abrogated and that it is not allowed to many more than one woman since the condition of justice cannot be fulfilled? Benefit us, may Allaah reward you.

Response: There is no contradiction between the two verses. There is also no abrogation by one verse of the other. The justice that is mentioned in the first verse is the justice within one's ability, which is related to being fair in division of time and in maintenance. As for being just with respect to love and sexual relations, this is not within one's ability. This is what is being referred to in the verse:

{You will never be able to do perfect justice between your wives even if it is your ardent desire}, [Soorah an-Nisaa., Aayah 129].

In a Hadeeth about the Prophet (sal-Allaahu `alayhe wa sallam) ‘Aa.ishah stated:

"The Messenger of Allaah (sal-Allaahu `alayhe wa sallam) used to divide his time between his wives and he was fair. He used to say:

"O Allaah, that is my division with respect to what I have control over. Do not blame me for what You control and over which I have no control." This was recorded by Abu Daawood, at-Tirmidhee, an-Nasaa.ee, Ibn Maajah. It was graded Saheeh by Ibn Hibbaan and al-Haakim.

Shaykh Ibn Baaz
Fataawa al-Mar.ah

MinAhlilHadeeth
10-24-2007, 03:55 PM
Concerning polygamy

Question: Some people say that marrying more than one wife is not allowed unless a person has orphans under his care and he fears that he will not do justice between them. Then he may marry their mother or one of her daughters. For evidence, they quote the verse:

{And if you fear that you shall not be able to deal justly with the orphan-girls, then marry women of your choice, two, three or four...}, [Soorah an-Nisaa., Aayah 3).

Response: This statement is false.

The meaning of the verse is that if a person has under his care an orphan and he fears that he will not give her the proper amount of dower, then he should marry other women, for there are many women and Allaah will not make things difficult for him. The verse points to the legality of marrying two, three or four wives. This is allowed because it leads to more chastity, lowering of eyesight and guarding of the private parts.

Furthermore, that is a cause for more children and the chastity of more women, as well as them being treated properly and cared for. There is no doubt that the woman who has one-half of a husband or one-third or one-fourth is better off than the one who has no husband at all. However, one must meet the condition of justice among the wives and the ability to take care of and tend to the wives. If a person fears that he will not do justice, then he may only many one wife in addition to having slaves. The practice of the Prophet (sal-Allaahu `alayhe wa sallam) indicates and stresses that. When he died, he had nine wives. And Allaah says about him:

{Indeed in the Messenger of Allaah you have a good example to follow}
, [Soorah al-Ahzaab, Aayah 21].

The Prophet (sal-Allaahu `alayhe wa sallam) made it clear to his Nation that it was allowed for him to have more than four wives. Therefore, following his example on this point would mean taking four wives or less. Beyond four wives is something that is specific for the Prophet (sal-Allaahu `alayhe wa sallam) only.

Shaykh Ibn Baaz
Fataawa al-Mar.ah

MinAhlilHadeeth
10-24-2007, 04:06 PM
The Acceptance of the First Wife is Not a Condition For One Who Wishes to Marry Another

Question:

There is no doubt that Islaam has permitted plurality of wives, but is it required for the husband to seek the acceptance of his first wife before marrying the second one?

Answer:

It is not obligatory for the husband, when he wishes to marry another, to get his first wife’s acceptance, but it is a noble trait of character and good relations for him to appease her by whatever decreases the pain which women naturally feel in such situations. This may be achieved by smiling, greeting her warmly and speaking kindly to her, and by whatever money you can afford, if her acceptance requires it.

Permanent Committee for Research and Verdicts
Fataawa Islamiyyah, Darussalam, volume 5, page 353

al Amaanah
10-24-2007, 04:17 PM
jazaki Allahu khairan ukhti.

islamirama
10-24-2007, 05:20 PM
polygamy in Islam is a permission not an injunction. Historically, all the prophets except Jesus, who was not married, had more than one wife. For Muslim men to have more than one wife is a permission which is given to them in the Quran, not to satisfy lust, but for the welfare of the widows and the orphans of the wars. In the pre-Islamic period, men used to have many wives. One person had 11 wives and when he became Muslim, he asked the Prophet Muhammad (P), "What should I do with so many wives?" and he said, "Divorce all except the four." The Quran says, "you can marry 2 or 3 and up to 4 women if you can be equally just with each of them" (4:3). Since it is very difficult to be equally just with all wives, in practice, most of the Muslim men do not have more than one wife. Prophet Muhammad (P) himself from age 24 to 50 was married to only one woman, Khadija. In the western society, some men who have one wife have many extramarital affairs. Thus, a survey was published in "U.S.A. Today" (April 4, 1988 Section D) which asked 4,700 mistresses what they would like their status to be. They said that "they preferred being a second wife rather than the 'other woman' because they did not have the legal rights, nor did they have the financial equality of the legally married wives, and it appeared that they were being used by these men."

The ruling on plural marriage and the wisdom behind it

syilla
10-25-2007, 01:52 AM
It is sad nowadays. Because of the muslims do not practice islam whole heartedly, polygamy has given a bad name.

People always see the negative side of polygamy. Is hard to find a good example of polygamy nowadays :hmm:

snakelegs
10-25-2007, 02:06 AM
i'm a non-muslim, so it really doesn't matter. but it bothers me that he does not even have to discuss it with his first wife, let alone get her consent.
(though woe betide any man who was foolish enough not to!!!)

S.A.
10-25-2007, 03:53 AM
ok...so it seems like a good discussion/argument.

I hope my question has been answered. Can someone check/confirm to me?

The question was: Men can marry upto 4 wives whenever they feel like because of the fact that it is a right given to them, and nothing else.

Yes, they can.

It is not necessary that his decision is influenced by any or all of the situations below.

Ill health of the first wife
Inability of the wife to please her husband physically
Inability of the wife to bear children
ETC.

If he likes a girl he can proceed to marrying her with/without the consent of his wife if he has the confidence and the belief that he has the ability to support them financially (emotionally - need not be).

As our Prophet himself preferred Aisha more than his other wives.

If thats the answer, then I thank you all for all ur comments and sources.

This thread shuld be closed as far as iam concerned.

Salam alaikum.

Malaikah
10-25-2007, 04:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ummah
the reason why it is wrong for a woman to refuse her husband the act of polygamy is because, if Allah swt has given that right to a man, who are we mere humans to refuse men that God-given right? It would be disrespectful
:sl:

People use this argument a lot- and I really don't understand it. :-\

Just because something is permissible doesn't mean it has to be done.

How come when, for example, our parents don't let us do something that is permissible its not a big deal (for example, if a girls parents don't let her colour her hair) but when its the wife not wanting the husband to marry another woman everyone always complains that polygamy is permissible and we have no right to stop our husbands from doing something that Allah mad halal? :muddlehea

What if a husband doesn't let his wife do something that is permissible, because, even though it is permissible, it is going to have a negative impact some how? For example, a wife wants to go to the supermarket to buy some food she needs in the middle of thunder storm and her husband won't let her in case she crashes. Will anyone argue with this logic?

So why then when the wife is against her husband taking a second wife on the ground that she will depressed for the rest of her life and her whole family will be ruined and the kids might lose respect for their father, does it suddenly become 'Allah made it halal, end of story"? What ever happened to acting with wisdom and kind treatment of the wife?! Aren't those things obligatory on a Muslim?

Is it just me or is it that this concept of 'we have no right to stop him doing something Allah made halal' only ever seems to apply to polygamy?

Anyway the wife has the right to add to the marriage contract that the husband can't take a second wife. If has problems with polygamy, she should take advantage of that right.

Malaikah
10-25-2007, 05:00 AM
Now if she's smart (not too many out there), then she can stipulate that in her nikah contract that he can't marry another woman while being married to her and doing so will nullify their contract.
As far as I know- it not nulify the contract, rather the husband will be sinful for taking a second wife and the decision to nullify the contract rests with teh wife and the husband can not stop her. The wife has to option to remain married to him. Allah knows best, but that is what I was taught.

Looking4Peace
10-25-2007, 05:02 AM
You know it is strange because I was not brought up in an islamic society or home but I would consider polygamy. Even if i didn't convert i never thought it was a bad idea. Men will most likely cheat and I rather know who the woman is and be okay with it then one I have no clue about. There are many reasons for this that i do not think I have to go into.

Al-Zaara
10-25-2007, 05:36 AM
Selam aleykum,

MashaAllah, great post sis Malaikah!!

rozeena
10-25-2007, 07:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by S.A.

I know what u mean,. but islamically speaking it sounds selfish.
You dont have to be friends with ur husbands new wife, just think that he is a man afterall and he need not reciprocate ur feelings by nature. Thats the basic difference between men and women. We all women need to face that i guess.
:cry: i supose. bt wt if u dnt get on wid ur hubby once his marid again? jus wondering generali im nt even marid so dnt knw wt itd feel lyk 2 marid inda 1st place lol.

*~Sofia~*
10-25-2007, 08:04 AM
salam

sister Malaikah.. i think sister S.A meant she is against the marriage clause or sumfing.. not the husband marrying more than once. (i think neway)

I am totally against it - marriage contract clause and that court thing. Really repulsive!
w'salam

Ummu Sufyaan
10-25-2007, 08:14 AM
so....anyone got the answer to the origianl post.

S.A.
10-25-2007, 08:35 AM
:w:
format_quote Originally Posted by maryam11
so....anyone got the answer to the origianl post.
Yes. I had posted the original post - and I did get the answer to my query thanks to you all.

Yong_sista
10-25-2007, 04:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by S.A.
:sl: everyone,

Hope everyone is doing fine inshallah.

I have signed up for one Arabic course. So yesterday during the class the instructor brought up the topic of how some arab women refuse to let their husbands marry 2nd, 3rd, or 4th times and that it is wrong and etc. I felt something was wrong in what he said so I said that there are some conditions that should be considered by men before opting for more than 1 marriage.

Actually, I said that because i had read somewhere or heard from some sheikh i think on tv that it is preferred that men marry more than 1 times only in case they are pleased physically from their wive(s), or his current wife's health is always very unstable - so to take care of her - or some other reasons i do not remember. But i am def sure i have read/heard these cirsumstances.

But then again i found Surah Nisa in Ayah 3 - 5 which said that men should marry more than 1 wife. If they feel they wont be able to treat them equally only in that case men should marry only once.

Now iam confused. Does anyone know about the conditions that i have mentioned above? Any clarifications?

As salam alaikum.
Asalama alakum
yes... a man is allowed 2 marry up 2 4 wives at the same time provided he:
- spends equall time with all of them
-can provide for all of them

others it is adviced they stick to 1 wife if they cannot follow the above 2

nebula
10-25-2007, 04:30 PM
these days i hear ppl saying oh im got get 4 wifes more fun this and that...
thats kind of abusing what the quran says isnt it? if u kno what i mean?

if ur just doing it for the pleasure? or is that allowed if u can support them all?

excuse me if im wrong :)

Ourra-Tul-'Ain
10-25-2007, 04:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rose_Ice
You are allowed to make it a condition in the marriage pact though

And there was that hadith something like this:
Ali (ra) wanted to marry again but Fatima (ra) was upset by it. So he went to the prophet (saw) and told him. And the prophet (saw) said that if she is upset then he would be upset- so Ali (ra) didn't.
:D yep dat's smart

Ourra-Tul-'Ain
10-25-2007, 04:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nebula

if ur just doing it for the pleasure? or is that allowed if u can support them all?

tell me about it....imsad

islamirama
10-25-2007, 05:02 PM

you can do it for pleasure also, so long as you treat them justly and give them their equal rights.

nebula
10-25-2007, 07:12 PM
you can do it for pleasure also, so long as you treat them justly and give them their equal rights.
really u can do it for the pleasure?

i thought it was only allowed if like a women was a widow or something wasnt able to support her family etc?

u got any source bro

ima getting me 4 wifes then :D
joking

islamirama
10-25-2007, 08:11 PM

i thought it was only allowed if like a women was a widow or something wasnt able to support her family etc?

u got any source bro

joking
It's not that easy bro. You gota make your first marriage as islamically perfect in regards to following sunnah and being just. Marriage for pleasure/lust is allowed so that you make the woman your wife so you don't go committing adultery and so she gets her rights. But if you treat your first wife the right way then pleasure in first marriage shouldn't be an issue :okay:

go to islamqa.com and type in polygamy, see what you get it

Ummu Sufyaan
10-26-2007, 04:49 AM
what gets to me is that when the husband annouces that hes goning to get married again, he first wife insists on divorce. i am i can understand her hurt, etc. but what if the husbanfd actually listemned to her, (ie kept the first wife and didn't divorce her), but yet was still attracted to the other. i can only image that that would lead him to the haraam, or atleasst would want him too!

S.A.
10-26-2007, 08:11 AM
Exactly. Thats one of the points i had also mentioned.

S.A.
10-26-2007, 08:13 AM

u got any source bro

joking
Yes. You can do it for pleasure as well provided.

You are able to treat all of them equally so far as financial and sexual support is concerned.

The source is the ayahs of the Surah Nisa - 3 to 5 - the detailed explanation has already been posted by someone in this thread i guess.

S.A.
10-26-2007, 08:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by maryam11
what gets to me is that when the husband annouces that hes goning to get married again, he first wife insists on divorce. i am i can understand her hurt, etc. but what if the husbanfd actually listemned to her, (ie kept the first wife and didn't divorce her), but yet was still attracted to the other. i can only image that that would lead him to the haraam, or atleasst would want him too!
Yup.

NoName55
10-26-2007, 11:27 PM
Polygamy - Definition and Guidelines
by Zakir Naik
1. Polygamy means a system of marriage whereby one person has more than one spouse. Polygamy can be of two types. One is polygyny where a man marries more than one woman, and the other is polyandry, where a woman marries more than one man. In Islam, limited polygyny is permitted; whereas polyandry is completely prohibited. Now coming to the original question, why is a man allowed to have more than one wife?

2. The Qur’an is the only religious scripture in the world that says, "marry only one".
The Qur’an is the only religious book, on the face of this earth, that contains the phrase ‘marry only one’. There is no other religious book that instructs men to have only one wife. In none of the other religious scriptures, whether it be the Vedas, the Ramayan, the Mahabharat, the Geeta, the Talmud or the Bible does one find a restriction on the number of wives. According to these scriptures one can marry as many as one wishes. It was only later, that the Hindu priests and the Christian Church restricted the number of wives to one.
Many Hindu religious personalities, according to their scriptures, had multiple wives. King Dashrat, the father of Rama, had more than one wife. Krishna had several wives.
In earlier times, Christian men were permitted as many wives as they wished, since the Bible puts no restriction on the number of wives. It was only a few centuries ago that the Church restricted the number of wives to one.
Polygyny is permitted in Judaism. According to Talmudic law, Abraham had three wives, and Solomon had hundreds of wives. The practice of polygyny continued till Rabbi Gershom ben Yehudah (960 C.E to 1030 C.E) issued an edict against it. The Jewish Sephardic communities living in Muslim countries continued the practice till as late as 1950, until an Act of the Chief Rabbinate of Israel extended the ban on marrying more than one wife.

3. Hindus are more polygynous than Muslims
The report of the ‘Committee of The Status of Woman in Islam’, published in 1975 mentions on page numbers 66 and 67 that the percentage of polygamous marriages between the years 1951 and 1961 was 5.06% among the Hindus and only 4.31% among the Muslims. According to Indian law only Muslim men are permitted to have more than one wife. It is illegal for any non-Muslim in India to have more than one wife. Despite it being illegal, Hindus have more multiple wives as compared to Muslims. Earlier, there was no restriction even on Hindu men with respect to the number of wives allowed. It was only in 1954, when the Hindu Marriage Act was passed that it became illegal for a Hindu to have more than one wife. At present it is the Indian Law that restricts a Hindu man from having more than one wife and not the Hindu scriptures.
Let us now analyse why Islam allows a man to have more than one wife.

4. Qur’an permits limited polygyny
As I mentioned earlier, Qur’an is the only religious book on the face of the earth that says ‘marry only one’. The context of this phrase is the following verse from Surah Nisa of the Glorious Qur’an: "Marry women of your choice, two, or three, or four; but if ye fear that ye shall not be able to deal justly (with them), then only one." [Al-Qur’an 4:3]
Before the Qur’an was revealed, there was no upper limit for polygyny and many men had scores of wives, some even hundreds. Islam put an upper limit of four wives. Islam gives a man permission to marry two, three or four women, only on the condition that he deals justly with them.
In the same chapter i.e. Surah Nisa verse 129 says: "Ye are never able to be fair and just as between women...." [Al-Qur’an 4:129]
Therefore polygyny is not a rule but an exception. Many people are under the misconception that it is compulsory for a Muslim man to have more than one wife.
Broadly, Islam has five categories of Do’s and Don’ts:
(i) ‘Fard’ i.e. compulsory or obligatory
(ii) ‘Mustahab’ i.e. recommended or encouraged
(iii) ‘Mubah’ i.e. permissible or allowed
(iv) ‘Makruh’ i.e. not recommended or discouraged
(v) ‘Haraam’ i.e. prohibited or forbidden
Polygyny falls in the middle category of things that are permissible. It cannot be said that a Muslim who has two, three or four wives is a better Muslim as compared to a Muslim who has only one wife.

5. Average life span of females is more than that of males
By nature males and females are born in approximately the same ratio. A female child has more immunity than a male child. A female child can fight the germs and diseases better than the male child. For this reason, during the pediatric age itself there are more deaths among males as compared to the females.
During wars, there are more men killed as compared to women. More men die due to accidents and diseases than women. The average life span of females is more than that of males, and at any given time one finds more widows in the world than widowers.

6. India has more male population than female due to female foeticide and infanticide
India is one of the few countries, along with the other neighbouring countries, in which the female population is less than the male population. The reason lies in the high rate of female infanticide in India, and the fact that more than one million female foetuses are aborted every year in this country, after they are identified as females. If this evil practice is stopped, then India too will have more females as compared to males.

7. World female population is more than male population
In the USA, women outnumber men by 7.8 million. New York alone has one million more females as compared to the number of males, and of the male population of New York one-third are gays i.e sodomites. The U.S.A as a whole has more than twenty-five million gays. This means that these people do not wish to marry women. Great Britain has four million more females as compared to males. Germany has five million more females as compared to males. Russia has nine million more females than males. God alone knows how many million more females there are in the whole world as compared to males.

8. Restricting each and every man to have only one wife is not practical
Even if every man got married to one woman, there would still be more than thirty million females in U.S.A who would not be able to get husbands (considering that America has twenty five million gays). There would be more than four million females in Great Britain, 5 million females in Germany and nine million females in Russia alone who would not be able to find a husband.
Suppose my sister happens to be one of the unmarried women living in USA, or suppose your sister happens to be one of the unmarried women in USA. The only two options remaining for her are that she either marries a man who already has a wife or becomes public property. There is no other option besides remaining lonely. All those who are modest will opt for the first.
In Western society, it is common for a man to have mistresses and/or multiple extra-marital affairs, in which case, the woman leads a disgraceful, unprotected life. The same society, however, cannot accept a man having more than one wife, in which women retain their honourable, dignified position in society and lead a protected life.
Thus the only two options before a woman who cannot find a husband is to marry a married man or to become public property. Islam prefers giving women the honourable position by permitting the first option and disallowing the second.

S.A.
10-27-2007, 11:03 AM
MODS,

Close the thread Please.

MinAhlilHadeeth
10-30-2007, 03:33 PM
:salamext:

Thread cleaned up and closed as requested.

:threadclo

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.