PDA

View Full Version : The way hijabis dress?



salman786
10-26-2007, 03:09 AM
I find it odd, when I see hijabis but they are wearing tight tops and skinny jeans.
I dont know if you're like this or if you have friends who dress this way.
But why do you/they?
I have nothing against how people dress, because I dont wear the hijab etc

but it is like, why wear the hijaab and be modestly dressed only from the head?
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Re.TiReD
10-26-2007, 10:46 AM
Originally Posted by salman786
I find it odd, when I see hijabis but they are wearing tight tops and skinny jeans.
I dont know if you're like this or if you have friends who dress this way.
But why do you/they?
I have nothing against how people dress, because I dont wear the hijab etc

but it is like, why wear the hijaab and be modestly dressed only from the head?
:salamext: Allah knows best their intentions and what is in their hearts brother so lets leave it at that Insha'Allah.

Looking at a previous thread of yours it seems you are very judgemental and critical of people (Jalebi thread), maybe you need to concentrate on your OWN Imaan rather than on others. Allah ma'3k. :w:
Reply

Isma'el
10-26-2007, 02:25 PM
Originally Posted by salman786
I find it odd, when I see hijabis but they are wearing tight tops and skinny jeans.
I dont know if you're like this or if you have friends who dress this way.
But why do you/they?
I have nothing against how people dress, because I dont wear the hijab etc

but it is like, why wear the hijaab and be modestly dressed only from the head?

because they just wear it as a fashion accessory,,and noway in a million years you call that islamic...ther all lost!!!! these are the same ones that go to so called "islamic" nasheeds concert n scream n shoute..,, like in a normal corcert ...........allah knows best
Reply

Pk_#2
10-26-2007, 03:04 PM
Originally Posted by Isma'el
because they just wear it as a fashion accessory,,and noway in a million years you call that islamic...ther all lost!!!! these are the same ones that go to so called "islamic" nasheeds concert n scream n shoute..,, like in a normal corcert ...........allah knows best
There is no such thing as an 'Islamic' concert :exhausted Astaghfirullah don't go to them eww.

:D Jalebi's yum

:D JihaduNafs YUM.

May Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) guide the sisters, the brothers erm the ummah.

Ameeeeeeeeeeeen (say Ameen)
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
sevgi
10-26-2007, 03:19 PM
:sl:

just a few things to say here.

i wear the hijab and inshallah i believe that i wear it well. i do not wear an abayah and could probably hit it up a notch...but i do not wear pants and i do not wear tight tops and i do my hijab quite large so it covers...

that being said...i must draw attention to a few things. firstly, this thread is highly offensive on the brothers behalf...the comments made by the brothers are so off whack!!! u need to sit back and think for a second abt sisters and what they go thru.

no im no feminist, leftist, home coming rookie, or anything...

the biggest struggle for guys is what??? yeah u guessed it...no need to mention...

the biggest struggle for chicks is the same hardness..but in terms of covering beauty...hiding what uve got...

the number of times ive looked in the mirror when im at hm and just said " i wish i could just show everyone" is countless...

the number of times i have been sworn at for my scarf on busy roads next to twenty other uni students waiting for a bus is countless...

the number of times i have gone shopping and found nothing decent to wear is countless...

the number of times i have stopped to have a rest due to how hot it is and how stuffy it is when u cant even feel wind on ur neck and wrists and feet is countless...

the number of times i have ran out to get the mail or throw out the trash without a hijab on at like 12am just to 'see how it feels' is countless...

the number of times i have wanted to scream out to people that 'i am just like u..dnt gimme looks or ignore me' is countless...

the number of times i have watched tv or gone shopping and said "i wish i could wear that" is countless...

the number of times a brother has walked past me and put his head down, the i saw him with non muslim chiks hanging out is countless...

u guys are so anal.think abt the day and age we live in.think about what women and young girls struggle with...IT IS THE HARDEST THING FOR A GIRLS NAFS!!! insteading of dissing em why not lift ur head,,,acknowldge them for being strong ENUF to even consider putting it on...say ur salams so they dnt feel like they are even alienated from muslim guys as well...and if u see something 'wrong' pray in ur head and heart... that Allah makes this challenge an easy one...and that their imaan grows...

and look at ur own struggles..and feel some empathy.

:w:
Reply

Ambish
10-26-2007, 03:31 PM
Originally Posted by sumeyye
:sl:

just a few things to say here.

i wear the hijab and inshallah i believe that i wear it well. i do not wear an abayah and could probably hit it up a notch...but i do not wear pants and i do not wear tight tops and i do my hijab quite large so it covers...

that being said...i must draw attention to a few things. firstly, this thread is highly offensive on the brothers behalf...the comments made by the brothers are so off whack!!! u need to sit back and think for a second abt sisters and what they go thru.

no im no feminist, leftist, home coming rookie, or anything...

the biggest struggle for guys is what??? yeah u guessed it...no need to mention...

the biggest struggle for chicks is the same hardness..but in terms of covering beauty...hiding what uve got...

the number of times ive looked in the mirror when im at hm and just said " i wish i could just show everyone" is countless...

the number of times i have been sworn at for my scarf on busy roads next to twenty other uni students waiting for a bus is countless...

the number of times i have gone shopping and found nothing decent to wear is countless...

the number of times i have stopped to have a rest due to how hot it is and how stuffy it is when u cant even feel wind on ur neck and wrists and feet is countless...

the number of times i have ran out to get the mail or throw out the trash without a hijab on at like 12am just to 'see how it feels' is countless...

the number of times i have wanted to scream out to people that 'i am just like u..dnt gimme looks or ignore me' is countless...

the number of times i have watched tv or gone shopping and said "i wish i could wear that" is countless...

the number of times a brother has walked past me and put his head down, the i saw him with non muslim chiks hanging out is countless...

u guys are so anal.think abt the day and age we live in.think about what women and young girls struggle with...IT IS THE HARDEST THING FOR A GIRLS NAFS!!! insteading of dissing em why not lift ur head,,,acknowldge them for being strong ENUF to even consider putting it on...say ur salams so they dnt feel like they are even alienated from muslim guys as well...and if u see something 'wrong' pray in ur head and heart... that Allah makes this challenge an easy one...and that their imaan grows...

and look at ur own struggles..and feel some empathy.

:w:
Asalamo alaikum I was just reading through and your' reply is a real eye opener for everyone with regards to the hurdles faced by muslim women and I pray that I can too join in with the many women like yourself inshallah.
Reply

Isma'el
10-26-2007, 03:37 PM
sis it seems u need to open yr eyes..! it seem u liv a shelterd life....u think yr the only one that is wiv problems..n what the heck u on about u feel like u wanna show everything,,,,u need some serious advice ,,go c a scholar
Reply

al Amaanah
10-26-2007, 03:40 PM
Reply

rozeena
10-26-2007, 03:46 PM
carm dwn people.:peace: and sis summeya i totali agree with you theirs many girls out their that find it difficult etc, bt the point is they r still trying for allah wich is the main point and who r we to judge. thanxs 4 sharin sis
Reply

rozeena
10-26-2007, 03:46 PM
Originally Posted by al Amaanah
lol!
Reply

Abu Musab
10-26-2007, 03:51 PM
Originally Posted by Umma Wasat
There is no such thing as an 'Islamic' concert :exhausted Astaghfirullah don't go to them eww.

:D Jalebi's yum

:D JihaduNafs YUM.

May Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) guide the sisters, the brothers erm the ummah.

Ameeeeeeeeeeeen (say Ameen)
Ameen.
Reply

Kittygyal
10-26-2007, 03:52 PM
Salamualikum.

Brother what has it got something to do with you ha?.. I don't seem to understand why ask this question as this is between the person and Allaah, so no matter what a person does or wear that is between them self and Allaah.Brother so what if they wear Hijab and tight clothing, let them wear it init nothing to do with me or you or matter of fact ANYONE apart from Allaah!!

Don't judge others, leave it to Allaah.

This thread should be closed. :)

Ma'assalama
Reply

Isma'el
10-26-2007, 03:54 PM
""lift ur head,,,acknowldge them for being strong ENUF to even consider putting it on...say ur salams so they dnt feel like they are even alienated from muslim guys as well"" lol


Al-Nour (The Light)

24:30 Tell the believing men to lower their gaze and to be mindful of their chastity: [36] this will be most con­ducive to their purity – [and,] verily, God is aware of all that they do.


Al-Nour (The Light)

24:31 And tell the believing women to lower their gaze and to be mindful of their chastity, and not to display their charms [in public] beyond what may [decently] be apparent thereof; [37] hence, let them draw their head-coverings over their bosoms. [38] And let them not display [more of] their charms to any but their husbands, or their fathers, or their husbands’ fathers, or their sons, or their husbands’ Sons, or their brothers, or their brothers’ sons, or their sisters’ sons, or their womenfolk, or those whom they rightfully possess, or such male attendants as are beyond all sexual desire, [39] or children that are as yet unaware of women’s nakedness; and let them not swing their legs [in walking] so as to draw attention to their hidden charms [40] And [always], O you believers - all of you - turn unto God in repentance, so that you might attain to a happy state!
Reply

Isma'el
10-26-2007, 03:57 PM
Originally Posted by Kittygyal
Salamualikum.

Brother what has it got something to do with you ha?.. I don't seem to understand why ask this question as this is between the person and Allaah, so no matter what a person does or wear that is between them self and Allaah.Brother so what if they wear Hijab and tight clothing, let them wear it init nothing to do with me or you or matter of fact ANYONE apart from Allaah!!

Don't judge others, leave it to Allaah.

This thread should be closed. :)

Ma'assalama

sis its your job to put them in the right path,,,as a muslim
Reply

Kittygyal
10-26-2007, 04:01 PM
Originally Posted by Isma'el
sis its your job to put them in the right path,,,as a muslim
Salamualikum.
No it isn't my job cause if i don't know the person i won't say anything as obviously they will just start arguing with me and stuff... if it was my homie or blad then obviously i will tell them to do what is right and leave whats bad but as mine are all Christains i can't do anything about that :exhausted. If it was my Muslim friend then ya i will tell her and stuff but i would certainly not go around local and tell people to wear neat clothes and stuff...there 'rents should do that! ... Also remember one thing... im sure as a muslim they know whats good and what aint so they will be judged on day of Judgment init.

Like i said leave it to Allaah and forget the backbitting man!

Ma'assalama
Reply

Ghira
10-26-2007, 04:01 PM
I think they want to do good but are confused on how to do good. They have not really found their Identity and are in pschopsycho Moratorium = experimenting with different identities to find an identity. Trying to mainly set themselves apart from the real conservative dress or thier parents (if they dress in a modest way). This stage is accepted amongst males in liberal families but not with females. May Allah (swt) guide them.
Reply

Kittygyal
10-26-2007, 04:05 PM
Salamualikum.
Talking about my self here... i can't wear baggy loose clothing as family don't allow me to and i do wear ma jilb and hijab when going out like to shop or somehwere but when im going to my own homies house then im not allowed.

Well some people have problems why not to wear loose clothing and stuff like me. Allaah understand insha'Allaah

Ma'assalama
Reply

Umm Hurairah
10-26-2007, 04:32 PM
Originally Posted by Umma Wasat

May Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) guide the sisters, the brothers erm the ummah.

Ameeeeeeeeeeeen (say Ameen)
Ameen!
Reply

al Amaanah
10-26-2007, 05:01 PM
I agree with Isma'el, u as a muslim should/could give naseeha if you see someone doing something which isnt Islamic. Its a naseeha, the person whom ure giving naseeha to should not be angry cause the other does it for the sake of Allah. (insha Allah) But giving naseeha must be done in a certain way, not in a harsh, shamefull way.

Narrated by Imaam Muslim in his Saheeh which he attributes to the Prophet salla Allahu 'alaihi wassalam: “Whoever among you sees an evil action, then let him change it with his hand [by taking action]; if he cannot, then with his tongue [by speaking out]; and if he cannot, then with his heart – and that is the weakest of faith.”

wa Allahu a3lam.
Reply

nebula
10-26-2007, 05:02 PM
Originally Posted by sumeyye
:sl:

just a few things to say here.

i wear the hijab and inshallah i believe that i wear it well. i do not wear an abayah and could probably hit it up a notch...but i do not wear pants and i do not wear tight tops and i do my hijab quite large so it covers...

that being said...i must draw attention to a few things. firstly, this thread is highly offensive on the brothers behalf...the comments made by the brothers are so off whack!!! u need to sit back and think for a second abt sisters and what they go thru.

no im no feminist, leftist, home coming rookie, or anything...

the biggest struggle for guys is what??? yeah u guessed it...no need to mention...

the biggest struggle for chicks is the same hardness..but in terms of covering beauty...hiding what uve got...

the number of times ive looked in the mirror when im at hm and just said " i wish i could just show everyone" is countless...

the number of times i have been sworn at for my scarf on busy roads next to twenty other uni students waiting for a bus is countless...

the number of times i have gone shopping and found nothing decent to wear is countless...

the number of times i have stopped to have a rest due to how hot it is and how stuffy it is when u cant even feel wind on ur neck and wrists and feet is countless...

the number of times i have ran out to get the mail or throw out the trash without a hijab on at like 12am just to 'see how it feels' is countless...

the number of times i have wanted to scream out to people that 'i am just like u..dnt gimme looks or ignore me' is countless...

the number of times i have watched tv or gone shopping and said "i wish i could wear that" is countless...

the number of times a brother has walked past me and put his head down, the i saw him with non muslim chiks hanging out is countless...

u guys are so anal.think abt the day and age we live in.think about what women and young girls struggle with...IT IS THE HARDEST THING FOR A GIRLS NAFS!!! insteading of dissing em why not lift ur head,,,acknowldge them for being strong ENUF to even consider putting it on...say ur salams so they dnt feel like they are even alienated from muslim guys as well...and if u see something 'wrong' pray in ur head and heart... that Allah makes this challenge an easy one...and that their imaan grows...

and look at ur own struggles..and feel some empathy.

:w:
wow sis seriously i feel for you man... i never really thought it was that hard wearing a hijaab... but hey ur doing it for Allah sis inshallah proud of you sis!
and oh yeah the thing u were saying about people calling you names when ur at a busstop and busy roads; do you know how many times i get called names for the way i look? because of my skin colour? this dunya is completely ****** up ppl judging you on the way you look? wtf is that about? i get pissed and depressed at times coz i just wanna **** the sh*t out of people sometimes but then i think nah allow it its not worth it besides even if i did i would just get rushed or something coz im a minority...

so sis ur not alone on this yeah!! uve got all of us lot ur bros and sisters inshallah!

KEEP UR HEAD HIGH AND FEAR NO1 BUT ALLAH!! ALLAH AKBAR!

peace :peace:
Reply

Ourra-Tul-'Ain
10-26-2007, 05:08 PM
Originally Posted by nebula
wow sis seriously i feel for you man... i never really thought it was that hard wearing a hijaab... but hey ur doing it for Allah sis inshallah proud of you sis!
and oh yeah the thing u were saying about people calling you names when ur at a busstop and busy roads; do you know how many times i get called names for the way i look? because of my skin colour? i get pissed and depressed at times coz i just wanna **** the sh*t out of people sometimes but then i think nah allow it its not worth it besides even if i did i would just get rushed or something coz im a minority...aww bless:statisfie........i'll help u jump them:Dso sis ur not alone on this yeah!! uve got all of us lot ur bros and sisters inshallah!

KEEP UR HEAD HIGH AND FEAR NO1 BUT ALLAH!! ALLAH AKBAR!
peace :peace:

Assalamu Alaikum
Reply

*charisma*
10-26-2007, 08:11 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

I was going to post this earlier, but I didn’t have the time to so…

Originally Posted by salman786
I find it odd, when I see hijabis but they are wearing tight tops and skinny jeans.
I dont know if you're like this or if you have friends who dress this way.
But why do you/they?
I have nothing against how people dress, because I dont wear the hijab etc

but it is like, why wear the hijaab and be modestly dressed only from the head?
I feel the same way sometimes. It's harder for us Muslimahs who do cover up to see sisters not completely dressed in an Islamic manner because we could be judged as a majority because of a few individuals. There have been many times, because of other Muslimah individuals, where I was asked by nonMuslims "Why don't you wear makeup and regular clothes like the other girls that wear that thing?" and upon explaining they say "Oh, I was about to say! So why do they even wear it? It loses its point." And I think, Subhanallah, if I never had explained it, I or another sister would have been judged differently. Like I say, sometimes you may be the only Islam someone may witness.

I will not defend the publicity of what some sisters portray, because as a Muslim, I'm not allowed to do that, I judge by what I can clearly see and Allah is the Judge of their true intentions. That by no way means that I treat them in a mean way or anything, but I do ask Allah subhana wa ta'ala for their guidance and I always encourage sisters to wear it explaining the benefits. I will also say that sisters who are trying hard to change, or to raise their iman a bit higher, it shows--it shows a lot, even if they aren't dressed Islamically. There's modesty, humbleness, islamic mannerism, quest for knowledge, and many other qualities that define a Muslimah, it isn't just in her hijaab. Hijaab is just a uniform, to what benefit is the hijaab without the Islamic qualities?

In ayah 34 in Surah Nur, Allah subhana wa ta'ala says in order:
And tell the believing women...

1. To lower the gaze;
2. Guard your modesty;
3. To keep from displaying any ornaments, other than what may appear thereof;
4. and to cover themselves in the presence of a nonMahrem

I think there is a reasoning behind the order of that ayah. If a woman lowers her gaze, she will build modesty in herself, and moreso if she continues by putting that modesty in practice by preventing any attention to herself, then she will then WANT to cover herself naturally, without any influences except that within herself. Imagine! A sister who will do something completely for the sake of Allah and stick through it without any doubt of removing it because she thinks she will look unattractive or be unjustly judged, Allahu Akbar!

That is how some sisters that wear the hijaab, update to a niqaab and cover even their face and hands. If you can get 3/4ths of that Ayah into practice, there's no doubt a sister won't be able to wear the full hijaab with ease. Shyness is one of the strongest feelings that prevents a human being to do a lot, even if the entire world is against his/her judgement.

Just a reminder before people start attacking the brother for this thread,

I find it odd, when I see hijabis but they are wearing tight tops and skinny jeans.

I have nothing against how people dress, because I dont wear the hijab etc

but it is like, why wear the hijaab and be modestly dressed only from the head?
He didn't even give a bad judgment, rather he just opened up an important topic to be discussed. I think if more brothers encouraged sisters to wear the hijaab, and acted upon that encouragement by lowering their gazes, defending them when ridiculed, and supporting them, there would be a lot more sisters who would wear the hijaab. It may sound weird, but some are just waiting for encouragement and guidance--from the brothers. But sadly, some sisters easily attack brothers for trying to do that too saying "It's none of your business, I'll wear what I want, this is between me and Allah! You don’t know how hard it is to even be this far…etc" No sisters, it is his business, he's a brother fillah, and his word is valid as a concerned and obeying Muslim. We shouldn’t send mixed signals, so inshallah do not discourage them, even if they may be harsh in their tone, because we need more like them!

Just the same though, sisters shouldn't always expect to be praised for doing something obligatory, this is a duty to Allah subhana wa ta'ala, meaning its worthy enough to be rewarded and blessed enough to have a major benefit. So why pass it up?

fi aman Allah
w'salaam
Reply

~Sam~
10-26-2007, 08:58 PM
Just be who you are and what you wear. Just be good people thats what i belive and care.
Reply

princessz
10-26-2007, 10:56 PM
Personally, I don't like to see women dressed like that with hijab, fitted clothes and hijab that shows off the ears and some hair. They are the ones who turn away instead of giving me salams. It doesn't make sense dressing like that, because they show off what they got and make the men sin.
I dress as modestly as I can, and I get comment from guys more than the non muslim girls would. Some guys actually prefer a woman modestly dressed. My non muslim friend once told me her non muslim guy friend said he liked the 'mystery' in muslim women.
But anyways.. women who dress like that with hijab, probably doesn't know what is better for them. May Allah swt guide them to what is right.
Reply

sevgi
10-27-2007, 12:33 AM
Originally Posted by Isma'el
sis it seems u need to open yr eyes..! it seem u liv a shelterd life....u think yr the only one that is wiv problems..n what the heck u on about u feel like u wanna show everything,,,,u need some serious advice ,,go c a scholar
if u pulled that out of my post i truly feel sorry for u.

how old are u?

yes..i think im the only one with problems:rollseyes

yes...i wana show everything:rollseyes

im sure everyone else got my point.

:w:
Reply

sevgi
10-27-2007, 12:37 AM
Originally Posted by Isma'el
""lift ur head,,,acknowldge them for being strong ENUF to even consider putting it on...say ur salams so they dnt feel like they are even alienated from muslim guys as well"" lol


Al-Nour (The Light)

24:30 Tell the believing men to lower their gaze and to be mindful of their chastity: [36] this will be most con*ducive to their purity – [and,] verily, God is aware of all that they do.


Al-Nour (The Light)

24:31 And tell the believing women to lower their gaze and to be mindful of their chastity, and not to display their charms [in public] beyond what may [decently] be apparent thereof; [37] hence, let them draw their head-coverings over their bosoms. [38] And let them not display [more of] their charms to any but their husbands, or their fathers, or their husbands’ fathers, or their sons, or their husbands’ Sons, or their brothers, or their brothers’ sons, or their sisters’ sons, or their womenfolk, or those whom they rightfully possess, or such male attendants as are beyond all sexual desire, [39] or children that are as yet unaware of women’s nakedness; and let them not swing their legs [in walking] so as to draw attention to their hidden charms [40] And [always], O you believers - all of you - turn unto God in repentance, so that you might attain to a happy state!
ok...now i feel really sorry for u.May Allah guide you...did u even read my whole post?

i see bros who turn away from us...then go and chat up with other girls...why not say salams to us...? i didnt say check us out and propose...^o)

then again..i dnt think us sisters need ur sympathy or empathy...or salam for that matter.u seem happi in ur own state.inconsiderate 'brothers' like u think they are doing what islam says...but if they just looked at sunnah of our prophet (saw) they would see how truly mistaken they are.
Reply

snakelegs
10-27-2007, 12:47 AM
i found this article interesting. (if i didn't do it right - it's post#5)
http://www.islamicboard.com/miscella...tml#post847572
Reply

Maidah
10-27-2007, 01:00 AM
Originally Posted by sumeyye
:sl:

just a few things to say here.

i wear the hijab and inshallah i believe that i wear it well. i do not wear an abayah and could probably hit it up a notch...but i do not wear pants and i do not wear tight tops and i do my hijab quite large so it covers...

that being said...i must draw attention to a few things. firstly, this thread is highly offensive on the brothers behalf...the comments made by the brothers are so off whack!!! u need to sit back and think for a second abt sisters and what they go thru.

no im no feminist, leftist, home coming rookie, or anything...

the biggest struggle for guys is what??? yeah u guessed it...no need to mention...

the biggest struggle for chicks is the same hardness..but in terms of covering beauty...hiding what uve got...

the number of times ive looked in the mirror when im at hm and just said " i wish i could just show everyone" is countless...

the number of times i have been sworn at for my scarf on busy roads next to twenty other uni students waiting for a bus is countless...

the number of times i have gone shopping and found nothing decent to wear is countless...

the number of times i have stopped to have a rest due to how hot it is and how stuffy it is when u cant even feel wind on ur neck and wrists and feet is countless...

the number of times i have ran out to get the mail or throw out the trash without a hijab on at like 12am just to 'see how it feels' is countless...

the number of times i have wanted to scream out to people that 'i am just like u..dnt gimme looks or ignore me' is countless...

the number of times i have watched tv or gone shopping and said "i wish i could wear that" is countless...

the number of times a brother has walked past me and put his head down, the i saw him with non muslim chiks hanging out is countless...

u guys are so anal.think abt the day and age we live in.think about what women and young girls struggle with...IT IS THE HARDEST THING FOR A GIRLS NAFS!!! insteading of dissing em why not lift ur head,,,acknowldge them for being strong ENUF to even consider putting it on...say ur salams so they dnt feel like they are even alienated from muslim guys as well...and if u see something 'wrong' pray in ur head and heart... that Allah makes this challenge an easy one...and that their imaan grows...

and look at ur own struggles..and feel some empathy.

:w:

sis you either do things the right way or you don't do it at all. Yes there are sisters trying, but there is no excuse for wearing skinny jenas when u can find regular fit jeans, and nowdays tehre are bare long dresses out and even long coats so teher is no need to wear two tight layers of t-shirts. And to save all this trouble, the best of them all is the jilbab.

ppl's actions should never make you feel ashamed or regretfull to the decsisions you have made in your life. I guess if your intentions are strong and your decisions are firm, then none of these mentioned issues of yours should bother any sister.

:peace:
Reply

sevgi
10-27-2007, 01:24 AM
Originally Posted by Maidah
sis you either do things the right way or you don't do it at all. Yes there are sisters trying, but there is no excuse for wearing skinny jenas when u can find regular fit jeans, and nowdays tehre are bare long dresses out and even long coats so teher is no need to wear two tight layers of t-shirts. And to save all this trouble, the best of them all is the jilbab.

ppl's actions should never make you feel ashamed or regretfull to the decsisions you have made in your life. I guess if your intentions are strong and your decisions are firm, then none of these mentioned issues of yours should bother any sister.

:peace:
i know u are not trying to debate with me...and neither am i with u...so from now i state peace!

the point of my post has nothing to do with what u are saying.yes. nothing constitues wearning of tight jeans etc with hijab...nothing ever will.this is so wrong.but u say you either do it right, or not at all.that is just plain wrong...but im sure u didnt mean it the way it sounds coz no sister in the rite mind would mean it the way it sounds.

besides that.my post was merely trying to illuminate the internal and external struggles sisters go thru.i took on a first person stance..but i spoke generally. WHAT IM SAYING IS THAT THE HIJAB GOES AGAINST THE FITRAH OF GIRLS!!!!!!!

nothing more...nothing less....

it is hard to wear it.it is a struggle.BUT ITS MEANT TO BE!!!! IT IS FOR ALLAH!!!! IT IS FOR ISLAM!!!

noone is feeling shame here.noones intentions arent strong...wht are u saying? its jst plain english black and white...it is hard on the nafs.it goes agains female nature and instinct.so its hard ...su kodos to the sisters who can wear it.kudos to the sisters who are trying and developing.and kudos to the sisters who want to but really cant grasp it yet.

and to all the anal brothers my point was FEEL SOME SYMPATHY AND EMPATHY!!!

jeeeeezzzz people.
Reply

salman786
10-27-2007, 01:51 AM
Chill x. Dont argue
Reply

sevgi
10-27-2007, 01:59 AM
hmmm...regardless of the fact that "chill x" implies nothing to me...ur rite.i shudnt argue.but that wasnt my point.i was rebutting ppl who think that i am a weak lil sis who doesnt understand the true meaning of the hijab due to their lack of understanding.maybe its my lack of expression...but the odds are against em.
Reply

Intisar
10-27-2007, 03:33 AM
:salamext: It's no one's place to judge, only Allah has the right to because we don't know what lies in their hearts. Yaa muslimeen, you shouldn't be so quick to judge, just make Du'ah for them and ask that Allah strengthen their imaan so that they can start wearing less form-fitting clothes. Just before Ramadan, I was one of those sisters who wore the hijab with jeans and I honestly see nothing wrong with it, but I always used to be on attack and defense mode whenever people tried to give me Dawah about being more modest. I thought, are they implying that I'm immodest? Who are they to judge me? But alhamdulilah, I read ayahs in the Quraan on how chaste women are supposed to dress (as well as surrounding myself with 3ilm) and I've changed my ways ever since. In essence, the way you're going about giving Dawah isn't the best way. Harshness in Dawah could actually have bad implications. I suggest you try and be a little more nicer. You see, no one's judging you because as you've said -- "I have nothing against how people dress, because I dont wear the hijab etc '' -- and I really have no idea what that means (seeing as how you're a brother) :D, but you just came off a tad hypocritical. Judge yourself, before judging others. :) :thankyou:
Reply

sevgi
10-27-2007, 04:13 AM
i would also like to add that i am a deep believer in contextual modesty...

as long as it doesnt disrespect the ground rules of islamic covering.
Reply

Inquisitive
10-27-2007, 05:46 AM
In my opinion I belief the lack of modesty in some sisters has to do with their iman. The Prophet (peace be upon him) said Haya (modesty) is part of faith. When someone’s iman decreases so does their modesty. I know this first hand. The solution I belief is to help this sisters with their faith and educate them more on the teachings of Islam like telling them about the requirements of hijab. It won’t be an easy task, some might listen to what you have to say while others won’t. The main point is to let them know and be patient.
One more thing, lets not judge those sisters, at least they are wearing the hijab. Wouldn't it be worse if they did not, people would not even know if they were muslim. Like one sister said it is hard to wear the hijab in this kind of society and it takes lots of courage and strength to be different from the people. Before, I never used to wear the hijab probably and I too wore tight clothes, it was hard for me to start wearing the hijab because I cared a lot about what people thought of me, especially at school. It is only through Allah’s help and a pious sister advice that I started to wear hijab. This sister never criticized nor alienated me. She made sure that I always came over to her house after school and then she would tell me about Islam. It was because of her I started to love Islam and I wanted to please to Allah. Because of her encouragement my friend and I decided to try on the hijab for a week as a challenge. Since that day we have not taken it off. During that time the rest of my clothes stayed the same. It was after a while that I gave up wearing tight clothes and substituted them with loose fitting ones. Dressing Islamically takes time. Some sisters do it quickly while for others it is a step by step process. I belief this sisters took their first step by wearing the hijab, we need to give them more time to take the other steps. Insha Allah, Allah will guide them. As for now we need to do our part and leave the rest to Allah.

Assalama Alaykum.
Reply

sevgi
10-27-2007, 05:50 AM
Originally Posted by Inquisitive
In my opinion I belief the lack of modesty in some sisters has to do with their iman. The Prophet (peace be upon him) said Haya (modesty) is part of faith. When someone’s iman decreases so does their modesty. I know this first hand. The solution I belief is to help this sisters with their faith and educate them more on the teachings of Islam like telling them about the requirements of hijab. It won’t be an easy task, some might listen to what you have to say while others won’t. The main point is to let them know and be patient.
One more thing, lets not judge those sisters, at least they are wearing the hijab. Wouldn't it be worse if they did not, people would not even know if they were muslim. Like one sister said it is hard to wear the hijab in this kind of society and it takes lots of courage and strength to be different from the people. Before, I never used to wear the hijab probably and I too wore tight clothes, it was hard for me to start wearing the hijab because I cared a lot about what people thought of me, especially at school. It is only through Allah’s help and a pious sister advice that I started to wear hijab. This sister never criticized nor alienated me. She made sure that I always came over to her house after school and then she would tell me about Islam. It was because of her I started to love Islam and I wanted to please to Allah. Because of her encouragement my friend and I decided to try on the hijab for a week as a challenge. Since that day we have not taken it off. During that time the rest of my clothes stayed the same. It was after a while that I gave up wearing tight clothes and substituted them with loose fitting ones. Dressing Islamically takes time. Some sisters do it quickly while for others it is a step by step process. I belief this sisters took their first step by wearing the hijab, we need to give them more time to take the other steps. Insha Allah, Allah will guide them. As for now we need to do our part and leave the rest to Allah.

Assalama Alaykum.
good say is...mashallah..

i think what some girls do is grow from the inside to the outside...they develop and then they wear it...some sisters grow from the outside in..they wear it and then develop accordingly.

peace.
Reply

ABWAN
10-27-2007, 08:17 AM
Originally Posted by Inquisitive
In my opinion I belief the lack of modesty in some sisters has to do with their iman. The Prophet (peace be upon him) said Haya (modesty) is part of faith. When someone’s iman decreases so does their modesty. I know this first hand. The solution I belief is to help this sisters with their faith and educate them more on the teachings of Islam like telling them about the requirements of hijab. It won’t be an easy task, some might listen to what you have to say while others won’t. The main point is to let them know and be patient.
One more thing, lets not judge those sisters, at least they are wearing the hijab. Wouldn't it be worse if they did not, people would not even know if they were muslim. Like one sister said it is hard to wear the hijab in this kind of society and it takes lots of courage and strength to be different from the people. Before, I never used to wear the hijab probably and I too wore tight clothes, it was hard for me to start wearing the hijab because I cared a lot about what people thought of me, especially at school. It is only through Allah’s help and a pious sister advice that I started to wear hijab. This sister never criticized nor alienated me. She made sure that I always came over to her house after school and then she would tell me about Islam. It was because of her I started to love Islam and I wanted to please to Allah. Because of her encouragement my friend and I decided to try on the hijab for a week as a challenge. Since that day we have not taken it off. During that time the rest of my clothes stayed the same. It was after a while that I gave up wearing tight clothes and substituted them with loose fitting ones. Dressing Islamically takes time. Some sisters do it quickly while for others it is a step by step process. I belief this sisters took their first step by wearing the hijab, we need to give them more time to take the other steps. Insha Allah, Allah will guide them. As for now we need to do our part and leave the rest to Allah.

Assalama Alaykum.
I will have to agree with most of your points. As much as I hate to take the side of those sisters, we all know how hard it is to portray yourself as a muslim in the west. Its a pity to see how these non muslims, out of their sheer ignorance, make fun of the hijabis. I guess its a slow process and it takes a while for both a brother and a sister to understand things better. perhaps its a little easier for the brothers as the changes a brother undergoes is far less than what a sister has to go through.

I guess its mostly teenagers and folks in their 20s who do such things. There might be several factors leading to their such behavior, most of which comes from their weak iman. This is where having an islamic environment helps a lot. Like this sister, I would assume most of others change in course of time as well!

I read in one of the posts that you either do something or dont do that at all. I will have to disagree with that. If this logic applies to our daily salat, we could all perhaps stop praying until we have the perfect Khushu, but thats not what is recommended in Islam. You pray everyday and that in turn will lead to better Khushu insha'Allah.

Lastly we must remember that when we advice we need to be as gentle as possible. If we are harsh, it may so happen that our advice may not be taken at all!
Reply

jzcasejz
10-27-2007, 10:39 AM
As-Salaamu'alaykum

Originally Posted by al Amaanah
I agree with Isma'el, u as a muslim should/could give naseeha if you see someone doing something which isnt Islamic. Its a naseeha, the person whom ure giving naseeha to should not be angry cause the other does it for the sake of Allah. (insha Allah) But giving naseeha must be done in a certain way, not in a harsh, shamefull way.

Narrated by Imaam Muslim in his Saheeh which he attributes to the Prophet salla Allahu 'alaihi wassalam: “Whoever among you sees an evil action, then let him change it with his hand [by taking action]; if he cannot, then with his tongue [by speaking out]; and if he cannot, then with his heart – and that is the weakest of faith.”

wa Allahu a3lam.
Originally Posted by *charisma*
Just a reminder before people start attacking the brother for this thread,

He didn't even give a bad judgment, rather he just opened up an important topic to be discussed. I think if more brothers encouraged sisters to wear the hijaab, and acted upon that encouragement by lowering their gazes, defending them when ridiculed, and supporting them, there would be a lot more sisters who would wear the hijaab. It may sound weird, but some are just waiting for encouragement and guidance--from the brothers. But sadly, some sisters easily attack brothers for trying to do that too saying "It's none of your business, I'll wear what I want, this is between me and Allah! You don’t know how hard it is to even be this far…etc" No sisters, it is his business, he's a brother fillah, and his word is valid as a concerned and obeying Muslim. We shouldn’t send mixed signals, so inshallah do not discourage them, even if they may be harsh in their tone, because we need more like them!
A BiG JazaakAllaah Khayr for the above posts, was highly appropriate for this thread. The thread poster made a thread addressing a perfectly valid issue so there's no need to bite his head off or anything...only Allaah knows best about his intentions.
Reply

sevgi
10-27-2007, 01:29 PM
edit
Reply

salman786
10-27-2007, 02:13 PM
thanks!
Reply

Kittygyal
10-27-2007, 02:17 PM
:sl:
Take a glance at this thread brother http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...not-tight.html

Ma'assalama
Reply

Al-Zaara
10-27-2007, 02:23 PM
Selam aleykum,

Gosh, people, c'mon! :uhwhat

I think this has been discussed enough for now... If a new similiar thread is created, I advice you to not start another debate, add off-topic points, insult each other or become rude.

THREAD CLOSED
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08-30-2007, 05:38 PM
  2. Replies: 20
    Last Post: 06-01-2007, 07:25 PM

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!