/* */

PDA

View Full Version : why?

sevgi
10-27-2007, 02:34 PM
when, why, how did/has this forum become a place for ppl to advance their security issues and their rebuttles against one another.

what happened to the LI where ppl used to have fun, learn things, teach things...

why have we become this coded factory of coded demand and supply.

where did all the old timers go?

.........:cry:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
tomtomsmom
10-27-2007, 03:09 PM
I guess I can't really be considered an "oldtimer" but I do know things have changed since I came on. In the begining everyone was very helpful and nice. Now I mostly get responses that twist my words and try to make me seem like I am attacking instead of trying to learn. That is very upsetting indeed!!!

Lina
10-27-2007, 03:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
:sl:
Good thread...the community feeling is just not there anymore.

I used to be addicted to this place. Now, I hardly post.

Same here.

(except for the addiction bit)

'Abd al-Baari
10-27-2007, 03:27 PM

Maybe we should a new rule...''if you can't say something nice then don't say anything at all"

also i think we should like have a errmm ''thing'' where we say sumfink nice to at least three people everyday or try to help three people everyday...just an idea :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Al-Zaara
10-27-2007, 03:28 PM
One day, members in the future will say about this particular time, that us current oldtimers state as horrific:

"What happened to the good old days? :cry:"

Yeah, I feel their pain. :(

shible
10-27-2007, 03:32 PM

I think i should once again start the What am i? Thread and also the Look into those Official Jokes Thread ;D

Insha Allah i will work on it.

Ok who's here to join the play. I am sure i knew Many who did a great job in answering those logical Ques?

:w:

The Ruler
10-27-2007, 03:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by <Abdullah>
Maybe we should a new rule...''if you can't say something nice then don't say anything at all"
Let's not make that rule. Besides from it being a horrible rule that'll prevent ourselves from speaking our mind; it'll cause the bad people to go away without learning to be good. So let's not do that, eh?

The forum's the same. It's just that some old favourites don't come on anymore. Dear jojo *Tag-made sob*.

Woodrow
10-27-2007, 03:53 PM

Sometimes it is not so much that things change, it is simply we see things with different eyes as we stay on a forum. What was once new and exciting becomes old and predictable. Also members and forums grow, with growth we try to express new attitudes. the former clowns become serious, the former scholars become jokers. The faces change but the effects remain.

There are many very carrying, concerned members; I believe they are the majority. The forum does not change that much or that rapidly, however our attitudes do change. What we once saw as cute and helpful becomes mundane after we see it replicated countless times.

This is where mods try to play a role, this is why duplicated topics and off topic posts are usually deleted. It is a difficult balance to show the best and at the same time keep it truthful.

Forums are like family and in all families people grow and interests change, sometimes family members leave home and sometimes new babies are born. the family stays intact, but the conflicts among relatives change as time goes on.

So in some ways a forum is like Texas weather, if you don't like the weather, wait a minute, it will change.

shible
10-27-2007, 04:04 PM
Those were one of the Best wise replies that i have heard after so many months.

Masha Allah that is very true Brother

IbnAbdulHakim
10-27-2007, 04:13 PM
huh :confused: theres Nothing wrong wiv this forum sis, its all in ur mind lol

*goes back to reading* :D

sevgi
10-27-2007, 04:41 PM
^^^^

dnt smile at me like that MR.!!!

yeah..reading posts....

all in ur head....lol...is that why ur not reading???

Lina
10-27-2007, 10:57 PM
Also, I don't even know who's who.

What's up with the name changing? [off-topic]

جوري
10-28-2007, 05:38 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Lina

now that has to be a plus? everyone should be entitled to have at least four different personalities a year? :eek:
it is a nice bonus for 'born agains' :D

snakelegs
10-28-2007, 05:44 AM
i am convinced that there is some very special punishment in store for those who change their names and confuse people like me. ;D

[S]down with "born againers!"[/S]

Ummu Sufyaan
10-28-2007, 06:15 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sumeyye
when, why, how did/has this forum become a place for ppl to advance their security issues and their rebuttles against one another.

what happened to the LI where ppl used to have fun, learn things, teach things...

why have we become this coded factory of coded demand and supply.

where did all the old timers go?

.........:cry:
for ppl to advance their security issues
what do mean sis??
:sunny:

sevgi
10-28-2007, 06:36 AM
^ plz re my last post in sisters section "i bought a niqab"...:)

and check ur reps.

The Ruler
10-28-2007, 12:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sumeyye
dnt smile at me like that MR.!!!
I know how you wish to slap that grinning smiley to stop it from grinning [and when did --> :D become a male? Owkies]. But it's a sad thing it's only computer graphics.

I am quite aware that smileys are not only images of fat, round, chubby faces; that they cause sensations of flirtation etc etc etc. But, how much further can you go with a ':D' from a brother on a public forum?

Now that's mysterious.

Nothing's up with it. It's just that us born-againers like a new identitiy everytime we're reincarnated, ya know? Not that I believe in reincarnation, but where being born again is heard, you hear reincarnation. It's like when its 'Minnie', you hear mouse. Tah, ignore the last part.

sevgi
10-28-2007, 12:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Liúyú de Lian
I know how you wish to slap that grinning smiley to stop it from grinning [and when did --> :D become a male? Owkies]. But it's a sad thing it's only computer graphics.

I am quite aware that smileys are not only images of fat, round, chubby faces; that they cause sensations of flirtation etc etc etc. But, how much further can you go with a ':D' from a brother on a public forum?

hmmmm.....hmmmmmm......hmmmmmm......

potential fornication with a smiley. ^o) any fatwas on that?

i live on the planet earth and i smile at men everyday. if u wana draw 'evil' connotations from everything, im worried for ur social well being.

if u are implying that the bro and i are flirting coz he decided to 'happy smile' at me (in the context of the post) you would be creating fitnah.

this issue has been raised many times in the past.the 'sticky' is still stuck in the sisters section.if i had cared or agreed..i would have posted there.

well...i wont waste ur time...there are many potentially flirtatious posts being created every second and i guess u need to patrol em.

ps: when u are trying to advise someone..try not to be so rude and distancing.thats not the way of Islam.

i am deeply offended.

The Ruler
10-28-2007, 12:49 PM

Zoinkies. I made you hold the wrong end of the stick. Do re-read my post. Oh and wasn't being harsh or sarcastic when I replied to the thread. I was smiling at mine/sister sumeyye's misunderstanding [not in a mocking way].

To sister sumeyye: :) [An honest smile. I swear!]

shible
10-28-2007, 12:49 PM

Seems like the thread is hiitng more into OFF TOPIC :offtopic:

:threadclo

sevgi
10-28-2007, 12:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Liúyú de Lian

Zoinkies. I made you hold the wrong end of the stick. Do re-read my post.

i read it many times.

Woodrow
10-28-2007, 12:53 PM
:threadclo:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!