/* */

PDA

View Full Version : colleges- help!

sparkling-water
10-27-2007, 04:23 PM
:sl:
hey everyone, hope ur all good.
im in my last year of school and very soon we'll be picking colleges for further education insha allah
and i was thinkin can anyone reccomend me any good ones i've got westminster but i need more than one option, if you can give me some options i'll check them out,
Jazakallah and have a good weekend,
take care :w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sparkling-water
10-27-2007, 05:16 PM
salaamz jazakallah for that bro,
i'll keep them in mind and ''Good luck with it bro '' didn't u mean sis? lol
Jazakallah again.
take care

sparkling-water
10-27-2007, 05:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnRuwahah
Ooh, whoops :hiding: Sorry Sis...Good luck finding a suitable college!

:w:
it doesn't matter no problem.
jazakallah and same goes 2u good luk insha allah you'll find a good one to go 2

Salaam
10-27-2007, 05:34 PM
one college you should aviod going to is tower hamlets college (if your from tower hamlets area).

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
nebula
10-27-2007, 05:35 PM
yo sis

i go to havering sixth form college thats pretty good its in hornchurch london

ummAbdillah
10-27-2007, 05:41 PM
:salamext:
Richmond is pretty good too.

sparkling-water
10-27-2007, 06:17 PM
Tower hamlets is out of the question for me lol and i will check out haverings and richmond jazakallah for all your suggestions ur really helpin me out

take care
salaamz

~Sam~
10-27-2007, 06:24 PM
'colleges- help!' - does that even make sense?, well i am not going to say which college are the best because i for once don't like college as it's just very lame. I would say you should have worked well at your Secondry School and then could have got the grades to take you in to Uni. Maybe not, oh well that happens my friend. Choose something which is for your own career and also deal this issue rather with your parents than sitting on Internet on this site and discussing. Maybe you will get somewhre then or maybe not.

sparkling-water
10-27-2007, 07:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ~Sam~
'colleges- help!' - does that even make sense?, well i am not going to say which college are the best because i for once don't like college as it's just very lame. I would say you should have worked well at your Secondry School and then could have got the grades to take you in to Uni. Maybe not, oh well that happens my friend. Choose something which is for your own career and also deal this issue rather with your parents than sitting on Internet on this site and discussing. Maybe you will get somewhre then or maybe not.

at the moment i am revising and preparing for my GCSEs so i haven't got any grades yet and my parents' do not know very good english so i can't sit down and discuss it with them so i came on here hoping that brothers and sisters on this site can help.

insha allah i will get somewhere in life
take care

jzcasejz
10-27-2007, 07:42 PM
Hmm, Tower Hamlets isn't that bad. The teaching there is pretty good...but anyways, what about City and Islington/Leyton? I heard them ones were pretty good.

sparkling-water
10-27-2007, 07:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by jzcasejz
Hmm, Tower Hamlets isn't that bad. The teaching there is pretty good...but anyways, what about City and Islington/Leyton? I heard them ones were pretty good.
Jazakallah, i'll research all the suggestions i'm getting and them mail them off to my brother as he's the one actually 'bothered' about it lol.
Jazakallah again
take care

ummAbdillah
10-27-2007, 07:53 PM
InshaAllah you'll do well in your GCSE's sister. If you need any help on c/w just PM InshaAllah. =) :sl:

sparkling-water
10-27-2007, 08:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister-aisha
InshaAllah you'll do well in your GCSE's sister. If you need any help on c/w just PM InshaAllah. =) :sl:
jazakallah sister that's really nice of you
i'll keep that in minde.
Jazakallah once again
take care :w:

~Sam~
10-27-2007, 08:18 PM
There are Career Advicer at school or extra booster classes taking part in your time maybe after school?

You might aswel get some tution taking part at your house then, maybe the first step you could take is speak in whatever language your parents undertsand you in and explain to them the fact you want to get educated and need help to get the best possible results. In that case it's always better to have a translator next to you.

I wish you all the best with contributing with your parents and getting a good Career.

sparkling-water
10-27-2007, 08:30 PM
There are Career Advicer at school or extra booster classes taking part in your time maybe after school?

You might aswel get some tution taking part at your house then, maybe the first step you could take is speak in whatever language your parents undertsand you in and explain to them the fact you want to get educated and need help to get the best possible results. In that case it's always better to have a translator next to you.

I wish you all the best with contributing with your parents and getting a good Career.
Jazakallah for that i'll keep that in mind
take care

nebula
10-27-2007, 08:36 PM
sparkling i jus finished my gcses and ive started college init, i didnt get good results but trust me im not dumb :D

so if you need any help in c.w just gimmie a shout ! SHOUT :thumbs_up

best of luck in your coursework....

sparkling-water
10-27-2007, 08:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nebula
sparkling i jus finished my gcses and ive started college init, i didnt get good results but trust me im not dumb :D

so if you need any help in c.w just gimmie a shout ! SHOUT :thumbs_up

best of luck in your coursework....

:D Jazakallah man i'll keep dat in mind lol hw did u GCSEs go anyway?
thanks again
take care

~Sam~
10-27-2007, 08:58 PM
Teachers are the best at helping i would persuade you to ask your teacher rather on internet because it will always have to be altered one way or another. Teacher can explain better face to face rather you sit infront of a screen all puzzled.

sparkling-water
10-27-2007, 11:22 PM
Teachers are the best at helping i would persuade you to ask your teacher rather on internet because it will always have to be altered one way or another. Teacher can explain better face to face rather you sit infront of a screen all puzzled.
yeah thanks, i will wen i go back to school, but the net has helped as well so yeah i'm just widening my search because i have already spoken to my teacher.
Jazakallah anyway
take care

Ourra-Tul-'Ain
11-05-2007, 03:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sparkling-water
at the moment i am revising and preparing for my GCSEs so i haven't got any grades yet and my parents' do not know very good english so i can't sit down and discuss it with them so i came on here hoping that brothers and sisters on this site can help.

insha allah i will get somewhere in lifetake care
awwww InshAllah u will sis:statisfie

i really like your attitude MashAllah

IbnAbdulHakim
11-05-2007, 03:45 PM
sis westminister isnt a good college from what ive heard... try City And Islington 6th form, the Islamic society there (was) TOPS when i was there !!!!

or you can try other ones, CandI remains my favorite tho !!!

*~Sofia~*
11-05-2007, 04:29 PM
Salams sis :)

well I went to Leyton sixth form college.. u probably heard some stuf about it.. not gud..for dossers etc :lol: but I really do think that it depends on yourself.. if u wanna learn and get somewhere..u will inshallah.

It can be the worst college but I think that if ur determined you can get far in life :D

Erm..regarding colleges in E.london.. the good ones are Sir George Monoux, waltham forest college maybe.. cnt think of any others, but if i do sis, i'll let you know inshallah :)

Anyway good luck with GCSE's.. just remember to work really hard..coz u won't regret it! :D

And as the other bros/sists said: any questions? or need any help? just ask :D

W'salam sis
x

IbnAbdulHakim
11-05-2007, 04:37 PM
leytons got a really got islamic society aswell, i know quite a few brothers there,

honestly fitnah of colleges these days are great, if you go to one then make sure its got a good Islamic Society

InToTheRain
11-05-2007, 04:45 PM
6th form are better then colleges becuase they push you to work harder. The jump from G.C.S.E to A-Level is large so you need all the motivation you can get. More importantly avoid the fitna. as there is no bigger distraction then that.

The Ruler
11-05-2007, 05:11 PM

If you are willing to travel via train from London [like a lot of girls in my school] to here where I live, then I can recommend you my school/sixth form.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.