/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Who was the first RasulAllah?

NoName55
10-31-2007, 02:24 AM
Hazrat Aadam Alahi Salaam
or
Hazrat Nuh Alahi Salaam

:w:

edit:

were there NO Rasuls and/or Nabis between the times of Hazrat Aadam Alahi Salaam and Hazrat Nuh Alahi Salaam

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ummu Sufyaan
11-02-2007, 12:19 AM
:sl:
brother, do you mean rasool(messenger) or nabbe(Prophet)?

NoName55
11-02-2007, 12:38 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by maryam11
brother, do you mean rasool(messenger) or nabbe(Prophet)?
wa alaikum salaam

First Messenger of Allah

MustafaMc
11-02-2007, 03:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by NoName55
First Messenger of Allah
According to Wikipedia:
"Unlike Judaism and Christianity, Islam distinguishes between a direct messenger of God (rasul) and a prophet (nabi). Both are divinely inspired recipients of God's revelation. However, in addition, rasuls are given a divine message or revelation for a community in book form. While all rasul are nabi, not all nabi are rasul."

Given this distinction, I believe that Ibrahim (as) was the first Messenger of Allah and that he brought the Suhuf or Scrolls of Ibrahim.

Quran 87:18-19 Surely the same was said in the earlier scriptures; the scriptures of Ibrahim (Abraham) and Musa (Moses).

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ummu Sufyaan
11-02-2007, 04:32 AM
I know you didn't ask for it, but heres a fatwa about the differences between a prophet and messenger.

format_quote Originally Posted by NoName55
wa alaikum salaam

First Messenger of Allah

The first of the Prophets and the first of the Messengers

as for you original question, i couldn't find it.

brother MustafaMC, i think you maybe mistaken aout ibrahim (aleyhi salaam)
Ibraaheem (peace be upon him) was the father of the Prophets; no Prophet was sent after him but he was from among his descendents. He had two sons whom Allaah chose to be Prophets. They were Ismaa’eel the grandfather of the Arabs, from among whose descendents Allaah sent the Prophet Muhammad SAWS (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), and Ishaaq whom Allaah blessed with a Prophet called Ya’qoob, who was also known as Israa’eel, after whom Bani Israa’eel (the Children of Israel) and their Prophets were called.
Source

ahsan28
11-02-2007, 08:58 AM
Hazrat Nuh (peace on him).

MustafaMc
11-02-2007, 12:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by maryam11
brother MustafaMC, i think you maybe mistaken aout ibrahim (aleyhi salaam)

Source
Thank you for correcting my error.

Hadith Qudsi 36 The believers will gather together on the Day of Resurrection and will say: Should we not ask [someone] to intercede for us with our Lord? So they will come to Adam and will say: You are the Father of mankind; Allah created you with His hand He made His angels bow down to you and He taught you the names of everything, so intercede for us with you Lord so that He may give us relief form this place where we are. And he will say: I am not in a position [to do that] - and he will mention his wrongdoing and will feel ashamed and will say: Go to Noah, for he is the first messenger that Allah sent to the inhabitants of the earth. ....

IbnAbdulHakim
11-02-2007, 12:36 PM
a Nabi is someone who follows the shariah of the previous rasul right?

so doesnt that make the first Rasul Adham Alaihissalaam?

because a shariah must have come down along with Adham Alaihissalaam..

Allahu a'lam, interesting question, i await the correct answer.

Assalamu Alaikum

------
11-02-2007, 12:38 PM
:salamext:

Sorry to be really dumb [or forgetful], but can someone tell me the difference between a Messenger and a Prophet?

InToTheRain
11-02-2007, 12:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muj4h1d4

Sorry to be really dumb [or forgetful], but can someone tell me the difference between a Messenger and a Prophet?
Massenger brings in new Laws for the nation on tip of the Massage delievered previously. A Prophet repeats the exact same message as the prophet that came before to that nation.

NoName55
11-02-2007, 12:42 PM

Nabi/Prophet is given some knowledge of future events, Rasul/Messenger is not.

according to a dictionary:
Prophet is a person who tells the future
Messenger a person who carries a message

IbnAbdulHakim
11-02-2007, 12:44 PM
assalamu alaikum

to help you remember sister mujahida, when Eesa Alaihissalaam first came he was a messenger bringing down new law, when he will come again, he will be a nabi following the laws of Muhammad sallallahi alaihi wasallaam.

i hope that makes sense

if im mistaken then someone please correct inshaAllah

------
11-02-2007, 12:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Z.AL-Rashid
Massenger brings in new Laws for the nation on tip of the Massage delievered previously. A Prophet repeats the exact same message as the prophet that came before to that nation.

So the first Messenger would have has be Adam (AS) init?

InToTheRain
11-02-2007, 02:08 PM

So the first Messenger would have has be Adam (AS) init?
it's answered here. It is Nuh(AS) according to hadith Qudsi which Bro MustafaMC provided here:

http://www.islamicboard.com/852765-post7.html

snakelegs
11-02-2007, 09:06 PM
i was thinking noah because i think he was the first to warn.
isn't it one of the functions of a rasool - to warn?
or is this irrelevant?

NoName55
11-02-2007, 09:42 PM
Hazrat Nuh Alahi Salaam was indeed the first, (from what I can gather) Thank you all.

Question is answered, now I am leaving this thread to pose another one in a new thread

wa salaam alaikum

Malaikah
11-04-2007, 08:40 AM

Just keep in mind, there are many different opinions about the difference between a Prophet (nabi) and Messenger (Rasul)!!!

NoName55
11-04-2007, 11:44 AM
^^ :w:
OK thanks, the idea was not to complicate it too much but to keep it simple

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.