/* */

PDA

View Full Version : thanks...

sevgi
10-31-2007, 02:29 PM
:sl: Greetings,

i didnt know where this would go, i thought it fit well under 'forum feedback' so i went with it.if i have chosen inapropriately, the mods know what to do.

well, its been well over two years now that i have joined LI...and i have a few thanks to pass around i think...not everyone i thank will know me well, but some people have helped me subconsciously...or just made this place cosier.

here goes in no specific order:

Muhammad: ill start with u coz ur an admin...im saying thanks to u coz ur always so calm and collected.even when i have a fit ur like all logical...so jazakallah khayr.

Malaikah: ur my true blue sis and i always enjoy the enthusiasm u pose in ur posts.ur love for the comparitive religion section is unmissable.ur also the first and only member to enter my dreams!...

Iqram: ur my lil bro and ur so inspiring.i remember like the first rep u gave me..i was like 'whys he acting like a kid'...lol..u were *insert age here* then.*cough*lol.i was shocked that u cud conduct suck conversations...ur attention to ur memorising of the Quraan has always struck me and im proud of u...jazakallah khayr.

Wilber: u are by far one of my favourites round here.thanks for stickn round...thanks for appreciating opinions.:)

maryam11: we met late...but we grew close asap.funny enuf we turned out closer than we thought...my false name intruiged u...then my bday...lol.

abdullah: forgot bout u...cant remember what u did for me,..but u helped once or something...lol.and i help u find out how dumb u were i think...

Alpa dude: for always making us..well me anyway...laugh...for always being positive and for portraying an attainment of balance between 'serious' and 'easy going'...

Purest: ur attention to detail is refreshing.jazakallah for ur logic...

snakes: ur like my forum soulmate...all ur posts are like what i would have said...u read my mind...thanks for being u...sorry i thought u were a guy and an undercover *insert personal joke here*...

woodrow: u dnt know it..but ur my secret self-adopted grandpa...ur always a breath of fresh air.jazakallah khayr.

zAk: for the sense of humour.

muezzin: re Zaks comment.

har4n: lol..u kill me...lu'on...

ibnabdulhakim: ur hooked to LI.haha. ur dedication is apreciated by everyone.well, me anyway.read away.

rozeena: ur a cute sis and i had to mention u.thanks for being so sweet.

aamirsaab: for being the coolest mod around *runs for cover*

nebula: for being the new potential comedian round here.definetly a cool guy with a lot to give round...thanks bro.

lolwateva: i dno what happend to u..or where u are...or if ur lurking like some cyber phantom..but...thanks for all ur assistance in the past.

kitty:for being cool. and always reminding ppl of the power of dua...

fishman: being a very nice revert.

eric H: i dno. ur just nice.

farhan: for the love of paint.

Al-zaraa: for being so nice and so embracing of ur ancestors...and for being too mature for ur own good like me...

Yigiter187: for defending me in my one on one battles against ottoman haters!lol...

grace seeker: for ur diversity and acceptance of everything differnt.openmindedness....

Noname55:for ur cynicism..and ur good will and good intentions...ur logic and ur openness.

Guyabano: for being so frendly.

that nz guy...cnt remember nick: but ur very nice too.thanks for teasing aussies.

umma wassat:for being fun and enjoyable.

shible: can someone mod him up already???!

i think it was something like muminah88: ur a legend for that post u made...really hit home sis.jazakallah.

skavau: for the debates on the existence of God...helping me teach myself..and listening.

ranma: for the FSM.

Isambard: ur just nice.

Jihadunnafs(and all ur former identities) jazakallah for always having a fine spirit..and for some reason unknown to me, being the samakah of this forum...and ur obsession with baaa.....

muj4h14h: for having a weird and long nick...lol...jazakallah for making me remember to always have hope in Allah...

if ive missed anyone...ill edit and add.its almost 2am where i am so i need to sleep.but yeah..jazakallah khayr and thank u all for adding to the moulding of my personality.really.

ur all sort of like family...

ps: dnt try Aussie accents...ur all bad at it!

:w: peace.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sevgi
10-31-2007, 02:43 PM
..sorry...i forgot jihadunnafs and muj41d4h...

i edited u in...

and im sorry to those ive 'forgotten'...

------
10-31-2007, 02:44 PM
:salamext:

Lol sis I know what u mean...LI is like family when U've been here long enough!

P.S. its "Muj4h1d4" not "muj4h14h" :D

aamirsaab
10-31-2007, 02:52 PM
:sl:
You are most welcome and I'm very appreciative of the fact that my name made it on your list.

P.s; No need to run for cover.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
sevgi
10-31-2007, 02:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aamirsaab
You are most welcome and I'm very appreciative of the fact that my name made it on your list.

P.s; No need to run for cover.
i wasnt running for cover from u...

just the other mods...

and sis..can i call u muj4? lol.

------
10-31-2007, 02:57 PM

Sis Muj will do :p

Re.TiReD
10-31-2007, 02:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sumeyye

Jihadunnafs(and all ur former identities) jazakallah for always having a fine spirit..and for some reason unknown to me, being the samakah of this forum...and ur obsession with baaa.....
me and you both ;D lol and my many identities? :mmokay: lol *wub* and btw...I was made the samakah!

wilberhum
10-31-2007, 09:01 PM
I too am pleased to make your list.

I have always found dealing with you a pleasent experience.

I also appreciate those times you have came to my defense.

Peace
Wilber

Fishman
10-31-2007, 09:06 PM
I'm not on the list?
Panic! :scared::scared::scared::muddlehea:uuh::mmokay:
:D

sevgi
11-01-2007, 12:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fishman
I'm not on the list?
Panic! :scared::scared::scared::muddlehea:uuh::mmokay:
:D
i swear to god u cam eto mind...but i never see u on so i thought u had left...

i didnt know wht to say abt u...lol...i'll add something.

and eric H...idno what to say..but i just like u guys.

sowie...

Ummu Sufyaan
11-01-2007, 02:15 AM

maryam11: ur a new comer..but we grew close asap.funny enuf we turned out closer than we thought...my false name intruiged u...then my bday...lol.

:w: peace.
jazakallahu khair sis.
;D;D;D lol @ you. you daaaaggggg!!!;D;D;D; you got me laughing too hard.
btw, im not that new. we joined around the same time. we just didn't bump into each other, that all. :D
are u leaving us or something....
and your name intriuged my sis as well. she was like, hey thats good way of spelling it.
format_quote Originally Posted by Muj4h1d4

Sis Muj will do :p
yeah, can i call you muji. mujiiiiiiiiii. come oonnnnnnnnn! it'll be fun;D:p
no offence, its so annoying typing your name. i think on one occsion i purposly changed around the sentece as to avoid typing it.:hiding::p

sevgi
11-01-2007, 02:53 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by maryam11
jazakallahu khair sis.
;D;D;D lol @ you. you daaaaggggg!!!;D;D;D; you got me laughing too hard.
btw, im not that new. we joined around the same time. we just didn't bump into each other, that all. :D
are u leaving us or something....
and your name intriuged my sis as well. she was like, hey thats good way of spelling it.

yeah, can i call you muji. mujiiiiiiiiii. come oonnnnnnnnn! it'll be fun;D:p
no offence, its so annoying typing your name. i think on one occsion i purposly changed around the sentece as to avoid typing it.:hiding::p
oh..i thought u just joined.really??? wow.never thought we wud meet so late.wow.

cool.

well, no im not leavn.but u never know. i just mite.

abt my name. my real name is sevgi.its turkish.it means 'love'.

sumeyye is a name one of my fav teachers put for me when i made a turn in my life...i wanted a middle name...and sumeyye it was.after the sahabiyaat...

noone knows abt 'sumeyye' tho.just u guys.i dnt use it.bt ye, i love it.its the turkish way of spelling it.lol.

tc sis.i'll edit the new coming bit:)

salams.

Umm Hurairah
11-01-2007, 01:59 PM
Asalaamualaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatu,

I've heard that the ulema say that you should do your best to not name your child Sumayya or Zainab because of all the hardships they went through and they died in the path of Allah (SWT). :'(

So if a person named either Sumayya or Zainab is faced by a test from Allah (SWT) and doesn't have sabr then they are like abusing the meaning of their name?

My alimah said that once when I told her how me and my sister's names got changed. :X

IbnAbdulHakim
11-01-2007, 03:06 PM
lol subhanAllah, this is such a warm thread.

may Allah reward you for bringing some warmth to LI, was feeling icey here recently :p

mashaAllah :)

that word samakah never fails to crack me up lol

rozeena
11-01-2007, 03:33 PM
aww! thats soo sweet i think im guna cry. thanks 4 dat sis. :sunny: i

snakelegs
11-01-2007, 10:03 PM
sevgi,
i'm happy to be on your list too. i enjoy your posts very much and value your membership in this forum. :sunny:

Re.TiReD
11-01-2007, 10:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm Hurairah

I've heard that the ulema say that you should do your best to not name your child Sumayya or Zainab because of all the hardships they went through and they died in the path of Allah (SWT). :'(

So if a person named either Sumayya or Zainab is faced by a test from Allah (SWT) and doesn't have sabr then they are like abusing the meaning of their name?

My alimah said that once when I told her how me and my sister's names got changed. :X
:salamext: really? well my name is one of those sis...and you dont know how privelidged I feel to have such a name Wallahi! I just want to try and strive to be like her! Nobody is perfect and everybody loses hope from time to time..getting back on track is the important thing.

Umm Hurairah
11-01-2007, 11:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by JihadunNafs
:salamext: really? well my name is one of those sis...and you dont know how privelidged I feel to have such a name Wallahi! I just want to try and strive to be like her! Nobody is perfect and everybody loses hope from time to time..getting back on track is the important thing.
Waalaikumusalaam Warahmatullahi Wabarakatu,

I didn't mean it in a harsh way. :X I was just saying 'cuz my sister's name changed and we like *had* to have our names alike so mine changed as well. :D

Masha Allah that you like your name. :D I haven't met that many people that do. :(

sevgi
11-02-2007, 05:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
lol subhanAllah, this is such a warm thread.

may Allah reward you for bringing some warmth to LI, was feeling icey here recently :p

mashaAllah :)

that word samakah never fails to crack me up lol

thanks bro...jazakallah...

that was the idea...heating this place up...

peace.

oh..and i added Abdullah...sorry forgot u bro...

Intisar
11-02-2007, 05:40 AM
:sl: That's so sweet sis, masha'Allah. :happy:

Al-Zaara
11-02-2007, 09:27 AM
i wasnt running for cover from u...

just the other mods...

and sis..can i call u muj4? lol.
Haha, you can run... But you cannot hide! :coolalien

lol Awwww it's sooo refreshing to see a thread like this, mashaAllah. Feels as if something is done right, you know, when people get good experiences and good relations.

Çok teşekkür ederim that you wrote my name in the list... It means a LOT! Senin sayende I now remember again LI is not an iceberg. lol.

I take the opportunity to tell you that I appreciate your inputs here veeery much. And thank you for protecting the Ottomans... I don't participate in those threads, although many times I have wanted to, but anyways I am happy that you [and many others] defend the Turks. :shade:

And thank you for your opinions and the fact that you're being truly honest! Your advices and comments. Know that I appreciate them every time.

MashaAllah, you're so sweet. :D

Selam aleykum!

sevgi
11-02-2007, 10:38 AM
in light of lightening this place up, perhaps others can also thank those whom they wish to..

just a suggestion...

peace.

IbnAbdulHakim
11-02-2007, 10:54 AM
ok lol, thanks everyone ! jazakAllahu khair

you all rock !

^ that was from the heart !!

sevgi
11-02-2007, 11:11 AM
ok lol, thanks everyone ! jazakAllahu khair

you all rock !

^ that was from the heart !!
pfffttt...thats the best u can do...:shade:

and dnt u know that rock is haraam.these ppl cannot rock! (not in my world but in this forum certainly..no offense.full respect :))

peace.

IbnAbdulHakim
11-02-2007, 11:20 AM
lol jizakAllahu khairan for the reminder.

no quite honestly, the sincerity and devoutness of many of the members of this forum is appreciated.

The brothers and sisters of this forum alike may not be aware of it but wallahi the amount of times you have given me such needed reminders, the amount of times i was slipping off as-siraatul mustaqeem and you pulled me back up, the amount of times my heart was rusting and you softened it with your posts and warm, kind reminders.

You have helped me stick to Allahs rope and the sunnah of his beloved messenger sallallahi alaihi wasallaam.

For this i will be grateful to each and everyone of the active members till yawmal qiyaamah, and on that day i hope you will receive your abundant rewards, may Allah give us all the tawfeeq to meet in jannah.

Ameen thumma ameen!

Ummu Sufyaan
11-02-2007, 11:20 AM
sis, i think when poeple say that others rock, its just slang for saying you're cool. at least that what i mean.

------
11-02-2007, 11:23 AM

may Allah give us all the tawfeeq to meet in jannah.
Ameen Summa Ameen!!! If we get there first.....It's not an easy ride if we want to gain entry to Jannah imsad

sevgi
11-02-2007, 11:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by maryam11
sis, i think when poeple say that others rock, its just slang for saying you're cool. at least that what i mean.
lol...i was joking.:D

sevgi
11-02-2007, 11:29 AM
lol jizakAllahu khairan for the reminder.

no quite honestly, the sincerity and devoutness of many of the members of this forum is appreciated.

The brothers and sisters of this forum alike may not be aware of it but wallahi the amount of times you have given me such needed reminders, the amount of times i was slipping off as-siraatul mustaqeem and you pulled me back up, the amount of times my heart was rusting and you softened it with your posts and warm, kind reminders.

You have helped me stick to Allahs rope and the sunnah of his beloved messenger sallallahi alaihi wasallaam.

For this i will be grateful to each and everyone of the active members till yawmal qiyaamah, and on that day i hope you will receive your abundant rewards, may Allah give us all the tawfeeq to meet in jannah.

Ameen thumma ameen!

naww...now thats from the heart mate.

sometimes u need to dig...

Jazakallah.i personally cant see myself fitting into any category u just posted...but...inshallah u'll accept me as a jannah frend too,..if we make it there:)

sorry for picking on u..but i expected better than that from u...

peace.

IbnAbdulHakim
11-02-2007, 11:32 AM
^ bakh bakh !

subhanAllaah, sometimes words dont express enough i suppose, lol mashaAllah

sevgi
11-02-2007, 11:36 AM
^sometimes Little words dnt express enuf...

some ppl need to fill pages...while others can do it in a few words...

i just wanted u to dig deeper...

hope ur not :offended:

IbnAbdulHakim
11-02-2007, 11:44 AM
^ lol no my sister if i was offended i would not exclaim "bakh bakh", that is an expression of amusement and happiness.

lol i can only think of thanking my brothers and sisters for helping me stay on as-siraatul mustaqeem, to me nothing is more important then that.... forgive my lack of vocabulary

Ummu Sufyaan
11-02-2007, 11:59 AM
naww...now thats from the heart mate.

sometimes u need to dig...

Jazakallah.i personally cant see myself fitting into any category u just posted...but...inshallah u'll accept me as a jannah frend too,..if we make it there:)

sorry for picking on u..but i expected better than that from u...

peace.
lol at your previous post. sheesh woman!! you're picky. i'll give ya that. ;D

Re.TiReD
11-02-2007, 12:15 PM

ookkkaaay...so

i'd like to thank ALL the brothers and sisters on LI, the sisters for being just so warm and kind and for helping me along and setting me straight, giving me advice if I ever needed it and for just being there really when Islam wasnt really on my agenda, SubhanALLAH you've helped me so much and may Allah reward you. Some of the sisters are:

Rose_Ice...erm...*coughcough* I mean BAA! ;D
piXie...Ayesha_Rana...IceQueen...FeeFee...erm...Um ma_Wasat, Nazia, Al Amaanah, erm man I got memory loss but basically ALL of you! *wub* and specially sis sumeyye...I really wana know why she spells her name that way as I spell it 'Sumayya' :D and Umm Huraira...wallahi if I was to have a twin in this world I think it would be her! sis maryam11...she's just cool, erm who else.... :phew :scared: well dun kill me if I've forgotten you but Insha'Allah we'll meet when we get up there...with Allah Insha'Allah. Love you all fisabz :D and oh yeah....

The BROTHERS...ahem, well the main ones would be the mods for putting up with my many demands, may Allah reward your patience, Ameen!!

sevgi
11-02-2007, 12:23 PM

and specially sis sumeyye...I really wana know why she spells her name that way as I spell it 'Sumayya' :D

thats jst how u spell it in turkish...

beacuse the turkish language was 'latinified' back then...all prior arabic names and words were 'prettied up'...like...we dnt have the sounds that Arabic does...its a very light language...no deep sounds or anything...

like...sumayya=sumeyye

khadija=hatice
aisha=ayse
khayr=hayir

etc etc...:)

Re.TiReD
11-02-2007, 12:27 PM
Ah right, now i get it, lol jzk :w:

Umm Hurairah
11-02-2007, 02:08 PM
Some of the sisters are:

...and Umm Huraira...wallahi if I was to have a twin in this world I think it would be her!

may Allah reward you patience, Ameen!!
Waalaikumsauaalm Warahmatullahi Wabarakatu,

Aww sis Masha Allah that's so sweet. :D And I just woke up so I'll have a happy happy day. :coolalien

You would be my triplet woohooo! :D :shade:

Ameen.

khadija=hatice

Really? Wow that sounds like "Hathi" which is elephant in my language. :X :giggling:

Re.TiReD
11-02-2007, 02:21 PM

Waalaikumsauaalm Warahmatullahi Wabarakatu,

Aww sis Masha Allah that's so sweet. :D And I just woke up so I'll have a happy happy day. :coolalien

You would be my triplet woohooo! :D :shade:

Ameen.

Really? Wow that sounds like "Hathi" which is elephant in my language. :X :giggling:

:salamext: why do you already have a twin...? :D

Umm Hurairah
11-02-2007, 02:23 PM
:salamext: why do you already have a twin...? :D

Yep. :D But I can have another one. :D

Re.TiReD
11-02-2007, 07:26 PM
kool, masha'Allah, lol ok lets not jack this thread :) Salaam

chacha_jalebi
11-02-2007, 08:28 PM
awww mashallah sweet thread lol :D

keep up your good posting sis :D

The Ruler
11-02-2007, 08:48 PM

There's a gooey feeling in the air; I don't like it. It gives me a sinking feeling, as if I'm sinking in quick sand. Eeekaziod.

:w:

Re.TiReD
11-02-2007, 10:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Liúyú de Lian

There's a gooey feeling in the air; I don't like it. It gives me a sinking feeling, as if I'm sinking in quick sand. Eeekaziod.

Goo is Good once in a while :)

sevgi
11-02-2007, 11:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
That would be zAk, doing his business, out in the open...again! :mad:

Btw...I'd have thought Alpha would have gotten a mention. :mmokay:
belive it or no u were also on my mind...i LEFT u out coz i wanted u to come on and ask for it...!!!

lol.nah...i cant remember everyone u know...but u are a favourite...(an old one)...

im adding ya...like the others ive so rudely (and acciddntly) left out.

sevgi
11-02-2007, 11:50 PM

the letter c in turkish is the 'j'...

so it comes out like ha-ti-je...

lol..

peace.

sevgi
11-02-2007, 11:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnRuwahah
That was really enlightenning, brightenned up my day alright!! JazakAllah khair sis, it really...Made me smile, a lot :giggling:

im glad it hear it bro.

every smile requires an alhamdulillah...

and a lil prayer for ur crappy sis here...:)

peace.

Pk_#2
11-03-2007, 12:02 AM
Awwwwwwwwwwww

eric H: i dno. ur just nice.
Now that was hilarious ;D

:D You're are too kind.

And you also sis JihadunNafs.

Peace!!

Muhammad
11-03-2007, 11:55 AM

Sometimes it's nice to let others know that we appreciate the help and inspiration they give us. Now that people have had a chance to respond, I think this thread can be closed to prevent freemixing Insha'Allaah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!