/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hajj and wudhu

NoName55
11-02-2007, 09:44 PM
:sl:

Does one need to be in state of wudhu during performance of all Hajj rituals?

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Woodrow
11-04-2007, 02:24 PM

An excellent question. I for one had not even given it any real thought. Odd how something that should be given our attention is neglected.

I too would like a valid answer with acceptable references to this question.

sevgi
11-04-2007, 02:27 PM

bro noname..do u know the answer and are just trying to test us??? or u dnt know???

coz i cant wait for the answer...nor can i go out n research coz im writing my final essay on the Armenian question before my thesis...and its due in less than a day!!!

if u know, i wana pester u for the answer...:)

EDIT: on second note...i just asked my mum..lol.she said that u shud...and if u dnt, u need to sacrifice a sheep...

dno how true that is...lol..i'll follow the thread as it unravels...:)

NoName55
11-04-2007, 02:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sumeyye

bro noname..do u know the answer and are just trying to test us??? or u dnt know???

coz i cant wait for the answer...nor can i go out n research coz im writing my final essay on the Armenian question before my thesis...and its due in less than a day!!!

if u know, i wana pester u for the answer...:)
Wa Alaikum Salaam

You could say I am doing revision. Reason for asking will be made clear at a later time. As you probably, already know that I am always changing my views for better ones when I come across them. until later .... ! wa salaam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
sevgi
11-04-2007, 02:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by NoName55
Wa Alaikum Salaam

You could say I am doing revision. Reason for asking will be made clear at a later time. As you probably, already know that I am always changing my views for better ones when I come across them. until later .... ! wa salaam

fair enough bro.

good luck revising. i really love the question...its so deep...like light but deep.something which doesnt cross ur mind everyday...

good going. shud get people head scratching round here and looking for some genuine daleel...lol..unlike my 'ask mummy idea'...

theres a thumbs up for everyone...we gain knowledge and research skills...:)

w/s.

Woodrow
11-04-2007, 02:45 PM

fair enough bro.

good luck revising. i really love the question...its so deep...like light but deep.something which doesnt cross ur mind everyday...

good going. shud get people head scratching round here and looking for some genuine daleel...lol..unlike my 'ask mummy idea'...

theres a thumbs up for everyone...we gain knowledge and research skills...:)

w/s.

I agree this is a very good question to get us all thinking and even more important forcing us to get out of our easy chairs and do some genuine valid research. We take too much for granted and fail to see the answers are there if we look. We need to break away from our tendency to rely on internet "Scholars" and learn to go back to the sources and learn who we should ask for advice.

InToTheRain
11-04-2007, 05:15 PM

I found this

[PIE]After this, the pilgrim proceeds with Talbiyah as shown previously. Once the pilgrim reaches Makkah, he heads for al-Masjid al-Haraam and circumambulates the Ka`bah seven times in a state of wudu beginning by kissing the black stone or if it's impossible by raising the hands as far as the ears saying, "Bismillah Allahu Akbar!" After Tawaaf, the pilgrim prays two Rak'aas at Maqaamu Ibraahim - without disturbing those who circumambulate- drinks Zamzam water then goes to walk between as-Safaa and al-Marwah seven times, then gets the hair cut or shaved. With this the state of Ihraam and 'Umrah are ended. On the day of Tarwiyah, that is the 8th of Dhul-Hijjah, the pilgrim enters another time in the state of Ihraam saying,

Source

The site Author seems qualified:

About Them
About Shaikh Hamid Slimi
[/PIE]

Correct me if I am wrong Insha'Allah

NoName55
11-04-2007, 05:28 PM
wa alaikum salaam Z.AL-Rashid

(assuming that first question has been answered correctly by your post) now I have to ask another seemingly off-topic quetion:

Has anyone ever seen a man (any man) carrying a woman (any woman, whether a wife or mother) on his back, during performing hajj (while moving from one place to the other)?

Ummu Sufyaan
11-05-2007, 02:44 AM
is this a qn, that you need a daleel for, or a discussion? if its the former, i have no idea, if its the latter, than no.

NoName55
11-05-2007, 02:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by maryam11
is this a qn, that you need a daleel for, or a discussion? if its the former, i have no idea, if its the latter, than no.
wa alaikum salaam

for the moment lets accept Z.AL-Rashid as the correct answer (any one can dispute it or confirm it at a later time)

for the next question below no daleel is required but eye witness accounts

Question:

Has anyone ever seen a man (any man) carrying a woman (any woman, whether a wife or mother) on his back, during performing hajj (while moving from one place to the other)?

sevgi
11-05-2007, 08:13 AM
wa alaikum salaam

for the moment lets accept Z.AL-Rashid as the correct answer (any one can dispute it or confirm it at a later time)

for the next question below no daleel is required but eye witness accounts

Question:

i havent been to hajj so no...there is no way i could have seen such a thing.but ive 'heard' of it happening.

is this connected to the wudu question in any way?

im giving this thread another two thumbs up...now we are being priviledged with the ability to differenciate reaserch from 'opinion' or eye witness accounts...

i know i keep draging on about the structure of this thread and im not on topic..but..i just like it.

Jazakallah Khayr bro noname.:)

NoName55
11-06-2007, 12:36 AM

is this connected to the wudu question in any way?

Yes.

Ummu Sufyaan
11-06-2007, 12:56 AM
ohhh, i get you now.

sevgi
11-09-2007, 12:58 PM

i was trying to sleep and a few things slipped thru my mind..when a shafi person touches the a person of the opposite gender doesnt their wudu break?

but then, i dnt know if thi sis valid for a woman or man who are married...

bt again..in hajj during the practices..isnt it like ur not man and woman..like ur all just humans??? so then touching and breaking wudu due to it wouldnt matter..

i may be waaayyy off here..im jst drotting the things that crossed my mind. keep in mind that i was sleepy. sorry for disturbing such a full on thread...:)

NoName55
11-09-2007, 01:09 PM

i was trying to sleep and a few things slipped thru my mind..when a shafi person touches the a person of the opposite gender doesnt their wudu break?

but then, i dont know if this is valid for a woman or man who are married...

bt again..in hajj during the practices..isn't it like ur not man and woman..like ur all just humans??? so then touching and breaking wudu due to it wouldn't matter..

i may be Way off here..I'm just drotting the things that crossed my mind. keep in mind that i was sleepy. sorry for disturbing such a full on thread...:)
wa alaikum Salaam

That was the reason behind the thread. But I have to abandon it now, at-least until Br. Woodrow comes back next week to moderate it. until then .... wa salaam
but then, i dont know if this is valid for a woman or man who are married...
I don't think we can touch anyone other than mahrams except in emergency (wudhu or no wudhu)

sevgi
11-09-2007, 01:17 PM
wa alaikum Salaam

That was the reason behind the thread. But I have to abandon it now, at-least until Br. Woodrow comes back next week to moderate it. until then .... wa salaam
lol...ur like under probation are u..hmmmmm...lol...

why isnt woodrow around? why duz he have to moderate it...

and yay...i cracked the mega noname code...when i grow up..i wana be smart like u...:)

sevgi
11-23-2007, 11:51 AM
salams

bro noname...u around???

can u shed light on this thread???

w/s

NoName55
11-24-2007, 09:35 AM
salams

bro noname...u around???

can u shed light on this thread???

w/s
alaikum salam.

I think I was trying to prove that there is two kinds of touching refered to in quraan and some persons confuse one kind of touching withe the other.

"How can I have a son, when no man has touched me
but alas! net-mullahs realised that I had everything lined up, and I was waiting to pounce on them, so thread died

sevgi
11-24-2007, 10:03 AM
alaikum salam.

I think I was trying to prove that there is two kinds of touching refered to in quraan and some persons confuse one kind of touching withe the other.

but alas! net-mullahs realised that I had everything lined up, and was waiting to pounce on them, so thread died
i guess that was directed at me...(?)...

im sorry.i didnt mean to 'pounce'...

NoName55
11-24-2007, 10:10 AM
i guess that was directed at me...(?)...

im sorry.i didn't mean to 'pounce'...
no, no no, I was thinking of you as one of my helpers.

any pouncing that was going to be done was going to be done by me but my targets only read the thread and never replied.

I resign from this thread before any further misunderstandings

sevgi
11-24-2007, 10:13 AM
no, no no, I was thinking of you as one of my helpers.

any pouncing that was going to be done was going to be done by me but my targets only read the thread and never replied.

I resign from this thread before any further misunderstandings
k....jazakallah khayr...

hey...maybe u shud change ur range of targets...

u cud be a lot more fruitful that way....

(try providing for those who have an intrest in what u have to offer rather than urging those who are 'blind' to it...)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.