/* */

PDA

View Full Version : A decade of fighting injustice!

islamirama
11-07-2007, 04:23 AM
http://www.sendspace.com/file/x5j6az

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
wilberhum
11-13-2007, 09:45 PM
Did anyone go?

If so, what did you think?
What was presented?

Amadeus85
11-13-2007, 09:54 PM
Whats the difference between islamic human rights and human rights?

wilberhum
11-13-2007, 10:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aaron85
Lots.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Amadeus85
11-13-2007, 10:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by wilberhum
Lots.
I ask because i know that muslim countries didnt agree to asign the UN card of human rights, and they created their own rights document.

wilberhum
11-13-2007, 10:21 PM
I ask because i know that muslim countries didnt agree to asign the UN card of human rights, and they created their own rights document.
So if you compair the two, you will see the difference. :hmm:

snakelegs
11-13-2007, 10:27 PM
i imagine it has to do with little things like muslims being "disappeared", kidnapped and shipped to other countries to be tortured, spied on, etc etc etc.
so yes, there are human rights issues that are especially relevant to muslims.

Amadeus85
11-13-2007, 10:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
i imagine it has to do with little things like muslims being "disappeared", kidnapped and shipped to other countries to be tortured, spied on, etc etc etc.
so yes, there are human rights issues that are especially relevant to muslims.
Its about women rights and freedom of religion.

snakelegs
11-13-2007, 11:01 PM
Its about women rights and freedom of religion.
i didn't get that.:muddlehea

Amadeus85
11-13-2007, 11:07 PM
i didn't get that.:muddlehea
Islamic human rights were made to be practiced only among muslims. Muslims demanded their own human rights based on religion mostly, which differ them from the UN human rights. The main differencies where muslims didnt want to agree with UN were freedom of religion and women rights.

snakelegs
11-13-2007, 11:15 PM
i was answering this question. there are specific human rights issues that muslims face, living in the west and i assumed that is what this event is for.
so i didn't follow the digression.

aamirsaab
11-13-2007, 11:26 PM
i was answering this question. there are specific human rights issues that muslims face, living in the west and i assumed that is what this event is for.
Bingo, snakelegs gets it in one go. It's also referring to overseas i.e israel/palestine.

p.s I didn't attend but Allah blessed me with intelligence so I worked it out from the pic/title. :D

Whatsthepoint
11-14-2007, 08:33 PM
Islamic human rights were made to be practiced only among muslims. Muslims demanded their own human rights based on religion mostly, which differ them from the UN human rights. The main differencies where muslims didnt want to agree with UN were freedom of religion and women rights.
Universal Islamic Declaration of Human Rights

Preamble
i) wherein all human beings shall be equal and none shall enjoy a privilege or suffer a disadvantage or discrimination by reason of race, colour, sex, origin or language;

III Right to Equality and Prohibition Against Impermissible Discrimination
c ) No person shall be denied the opportunity to work or be discriminated against in any manner or exposed to greater physical risk by reason of religious belief, colour, race, origin, sex or language.

XIII Right to Freedom of Religion
Every person has the right to freedom of conscience and worship in accordance with his religious beliefs.:peace:

IX Right to Asylum
a) Every persecuted or oppressed person has the right to seek refuge and asylum. This right is guaranteed to every human being irrespective of race, religion, colour and sex.

X Rights of Minorities
a) The Qur'anic principle "There is no compulsion in religion" shall govern the religious rights of non-Muslim minorities.

b) In a Muslim country religious minorities shall have the choice to be governed in respect of their civil and personal matters by Islamic Law, or by their own laws.

:thumbs_up:thumbs_up:thumbs_up

XX Rights of Married Women

Every married woman is entitled to:

a) live in the house in which her husband lives;

b) receive the means necessary for maintaining a standard of living which is not inferior to that of her spouse, and, in the event of divorce, receive during the statutory period of waiting (iddah) means of maintenance commensurate with her husband's resources, for herself as well as for the children she nurses or keeps, irrespective of her own financial status, earnings, or property that she may hold in her own rights;

c) seek and obtain dissolution of marriage (Khul'a) in accordance with the terms of the Law. This right is in addition to her right to seek divorce through the courts.

d) inherit from her husband, her parents, her children and other relatives according to the Law;

e) strict confidentiality from her spouse, or ex-spouse if divorced, with regard to any information that he may have obtained about her, the disclosure of which could prove detrimental to her interests. A similar responsibility rests upon her in respect of her spouse or ex-spouse.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.