/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Help! My friend want s to become Muslim.

Esther462
11-10-2007, 10:37 PM
As many of you know, I am a new muslim convert and now I've got a female friend who's thinking of becomeing a Muslim and I'm not sure how to handle this.
Any advices would be welcome.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Re.TiReD
11-10-2007, 10:40 PM
:salamext: subhanAllah! :) take her to the local masjid! Insha'Allah she'll learn alot by seeing the practices of muslims at the masjid, after that a talk with the Imaam would be a good starting point :)

Esther462
11-10-2007, 10:51 PM
There is no Mosque in my or her town and there is one in a town near her. I converted thought a convertion web site. The only real muslim she had met is me but she might of met a muslim when she visets the nearest big town to us.

Intisar
11-10-2007, 10:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by JihadunNafs
:salamext: subhanAllah! :) take her to the local masjid! Insha'Allah she'll learn alot by seeing the practices of muslims at the masjid, after that a talk with the Imaam would be a good starting point :)
I agree, you should get your friend to go to a mosque and speak to an imaam about it. If she is really serious, then perhaps she could drive to the closest mosque to her. Inshaa'Allah she is guided by Allah Ta'ala (that's if she hasn't already reverted yet). :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Esther462
11-10-2007, 10:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sister-Ameena*
I agree, you should get your friend to go to a mosque and speak to an imaam about it. If she is really serious, then perhaps she could drive to the closest mosque to her. Inshaa'Allah she is guided by Allah Ta'ala (that's if she hasn't already reverted yet). :)
I haven't step foot in a Mosque yet since I converted as I'm quite scared about it. I also don't know where the mosque is in the big town.

Re.TiReD
11-10-2007, 11:01 PM
:salamext: sister, once you find a masjid please please do NOT hesitate about going into it as I assure you, you'll be most welcome. :) Just choose your time carefully so that it does not clash with the prayer but Insha'Allah you'll be fine. I cant help with telling you where your nearest one is unfortunately, sorry.

islamic
11-10-2007, 11:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Esther462
As many of you know, I am a new muslim convert and now I've got a female friend who's thinking of becomeing a Muslim and I'm not sure how to handle this.
There is no Mosque in my or her town and there is one in a town near her. I converted thought a convertion web site. The only real muslim she had met is me but she might of met a muslim when she visets the nearest big town to us.

great, Welcome in Islam. You should tell her whatever you know about Islam, and together you should learn more about Islam, if there is no Imam to tell you.
Use this forum, here you can read about Islam.

Intisar
11-10-2007, 11:10 PM
I haven't step foot in a Mosque yet since I converted as I'm quite scared about it. I also don't know where the mosque is in the big town.
:sl: Entering the mosque should be the least of your worries sis, inshaa'Allah you'll meet more Muslims there and perhaps even reverts too. There are so many good opportunities, subhanallah, I'd grab at the chance if I were you. You should start finding out when lectures are going to occur near where you live, and there you could learn so much to perfect yourself in the deen. You should go -- you'll meet really nice sisters inshaa'Allah, and their good adhab could rub off on you and make you an even better person. :)

Re.TiReD
11-10-2007, 11:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
:sl:
I wouldn't say that...you never know these days. My dad told of how he took somebody that wanted to convert to Islam to a mosque and the people in that mosque didn't even seem to care. :confused: He ended up having to take him to another one.

Point is, if the first experience you have in a mosque is negative, don't assume that all mosques are like that. Don't let bad attitudes displayed by any muslim put you off Islam, because really, muslims are by no means perfect.

May Allah make things easy for you and your friend, ameen.
Thats unfortunate, but good advice brother.

جوري
11-10-2007, 11:36 PM
Masha'Allah

I must say, I feel a bit defeated knowing the difficult conditions of many Muslims and seeing what little support they are getting...

Sister Thana's post today, was a real eye opener, and perhaps I shouldn't bring another topic to this one at hand.. but here we have a sister working a very difficult job, where she is at the mercy of her bosses approval, threatened by being homeless from her family should they find out she is Muslim and I believe the only real netweork of Muslims she experiences is through this forum... like wise if someone has some questions or doubts, or just needs support where should they go, who is there for them? whom can they turn to for help? The forum is nice and all..but isn't there some organization to address and foster the needs of Muslims and would be Muslims?

I am not sure what help I can personally offer, but I am throwing this out there and hope someone takes notice of the needs of the growing Muslim population, of whom 5 to 1 are women...

come on people let's help our sisters or find them the help they need
insha'Allah

:w:

Thanaa
11-10-2007, 11:43 PM
Where are you to in Dorset, sis? Im moving back down to Somerset in a few weeks, Insha Allah, so Ill come meet you and your friend if you'd like.
Ive never been in a Mosque either, and Im by no means good at salat (which Is why I need to visit a Masjid, lol!), but I could help you out, Insha Allah, if youre really new...I hope.
I wouldnt exactly be local, but I didnt get a driving licence for nowt. :D
I also need to meet other Muslims face to face, because otherwise I just stay at home and act like an anti-social muppet.

snakelegs
11-10-2007, 11:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamic
great, Welcome in Islam. You should tell her whatever you know about Islam, and together you should learn more about Islam, if there is no Imam to tell you.
Use this forum, here you can read about Islam.
i think this is good advice. share with her what brought you to islam and learn together.

Strzelecki
11-11-2007, 02:42 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Esther
Asalaamalaykum sister,
I was the same. It took me a month before I went into a Mosque, but you meet so many cool people!
If you have any problems, I've found everyone is more than willing to help. :)
Really, it's not as scary as it may seem before your first time.

YusufNoor
11-11-2007, 01:37 PM

if you clink the load islam link at the very top left, there are some resources there.

you can google Yusuf Estes who is an American chaplain that converted to Islam. he has some very good lectures and posts alot of stuff about people reverting(my wife loves to go to his site.)

also try Bilaal Phillips, who does a more serious lecture type talks, but he's VERY bright.

there are Halal tube and Islam tube that you can google and they are VERY similar to you tube.

look for some Shaykh Khalid Yasin on these sites as well as he is probably the leading figure in bringing people to Islam. he also has a site called www.purposetv.tv that has some usefull vids. however at the moment the Brother is trying to launch a satellite tv transponder business and at times the site has been not loaded up.

you should get lots of help from those sites.

May Allah subhannahu wa ta aala assist you and reward you for your efforts! Ameen!

omar_2133
11-11-2007, 02:36 PM
You mentioned a website that you reverted through.

Does it happen to be any of these:

- http://www.islamreligion.com/articles/204/ - It also offers a Live Chat facility

- http://muslimsin.com/

- http://www.convertstoislam.com/

- http://muslimconverts.com/

You can maybe invite her to your accomodation, and convert through one of these websites. Also, you could show the various scientific proofs of Islam on those sites, in order to strenghten her faith. Remember to tell her, than in order to formally and officially revert to Islam, then you must say the following in Arabic three times, with sincerity and convinction, remembering the meaning of what you're saying in English, so it doesn't appear like any ritual:

"Ash-hadu an la ilaha ill Allah." - I bear witness that there is no God but Allah

""Wa ash-hadu ana Muhammad ar-rasullallah."
- And I bear witness that Muhammad is his His Last Messenger

If it helps, copy and paste the quotations above on a word document, to remember it fully, before telling her to recite it.

Muslim Woman
11-11-2007, 02:56 PM

If she is sure to embrace Islam , then tell her not to delay the matter.

tell her to take bath & utter the Shahada & InshaAllah she will become our sis in Islam :smile: :p

If she officially wants to be recognised as a Muslim , then she needs to do it infront of 2 persons...that she can do it later also. but embracing Islam is between her & Allah . She can do it by herself. At least that what i learnt from other sites

May Allah make it easy for here, Ameen.

related links :

http://muslimconverts.com

Any human being can embrace Islam. You do not need anyone’s permission to become Muslim. You can be any colour, race, age, speak any language and still become a Muslim. There are many American, British, European, Indian, children and Adults who accept Islam every day.

On the www.muslimconverts.com site we have people who accepted Islam from all ages, all backgrounds and nationalities.
You may hear from some Muslims incorrect advice due to their lack of knowledge of Islam or due to lack of correct knowledge of Islam.

So please note that:

You do not need to do a course or obtain a certificate to become a Muslim

Someone may say you have to do a course or obtain a certificate to be a Muslim. This is incorrect. You do not need to attend a course or obtain a certificate to become Muslim.

You should not delay in becoming a Muslim

If someone advices you to delay your conversion to Islam. This is also incorrect. If you believe Islam is the truth then you should not delay your conversion to Islam. You should convert immediately because we are given a certain lifespan.

Since we do not know when we are going to die. Not even a minute should be lost as your time to leave this life may be up the next minute.

If you have tattoos you can still become a Muslim

Some one may say to you that you must remove all tattoos to be a Muslim. This is also incorrect. Tattoos are not allowed in Islam but they DO NOT prevent a person becoming Muslim.

You should become Muslims and latter you can have the tattoos removed if you can afford it. If you can not afford it then do not worry there is no sin on you for what you did before becoming Muslim You are still a Muslim.

If you have a wild past of have committed a many of sins you can still become a Muslim

No matter what sins you have committed or how wild your past was.

You can still become a Muslim.. Islam erases all sins committed prior to becoming a Muslim.

Prophet (may the peace and blessings and mercy of Allaah be upon him) said, “Islam annuls what came before it.”

(narrated by Muslim in his Sahih, no. 121).

As soon as you become a Muslim all your previous sins are forgiven and you start a blank state. Or a complete clean record.

:) :) :)

I did not read the whole article....looks like useful

.....Some people have a wrong notion that entering into the Islamic fold requires an announcement from the concerned person in the presence of high ranking scholars or shaikhs or reporting this act to courts of justice or other authorities.

It is also thought that the act of accepting Islam, should, as a condition, have a certificate issued by the authorities, as evidence to that effect.

We wish to clarify that the whole matter is very easy and that none of these conditions or obligations are required.

For Allah, Almighty, is above all comprehension and knows well the secrets of all hearts.

Nevertheless, those who are going to adopt Islam as their religion are advised to register themselves as Muslims with the concerned governmental agency, as this procedure may facilitate for them many matters including the possibility of performing Hadj (Pilgrimage) and Umrah.

If anyone has a real desire to be a Muslim and has full conviction and strong belief that Islam is the true religion ordained by Allah for all human-beings, then, one should pronounce the "Shahada", the testimony of faith, without further delay. The Holy Qur'an is explicit on this regard as Allah states:

"The Religion in the sight of Allah is Islam." (Qur'an 3:19)

In another verse of the Holy Qur'an, Allah states:

"If unyone desires a religion other than Islam (Submission to Allah), Never will it be accepted of him; and in the Hereafter he will be in the ranks of those who have lost (their selves in the hell fire)."(Qur'an 3:85)
In addition, Islam is the only religion prevailing over all other religions.

Allah states in the Holy Qur'an:

"To thee We sent the Scripture in truth, confirming the scripture that came before it, and guarding it in safety:..." (Qur'an 5:48)

Mohammad, the Prophet of Allah (Peace and blessing of Allah be upon him), said:

"The superstructure of Islam is raised on five (pillars): testifying that there is no God (none truely to be worshiped) but Allah, and that Mohammad is the messenger of Allah, performing the prayer, paying the Zakah (poor-due), fasting the month of Ramadan, and performing Hadj".

The Shahada can be declared as follows:
"ASH-HADU ANLA ELAHA ILLA-ALLAH WA ASH-HADU ANNA MOHAMMADAN RASUL-ALLAH".

The English translation is:

"I bear witness that there is no deity (none truely to be worshipped) but, Allah, and I bear witness that Mohammad is the messenger of Allah",

However, it would not be sufficient for anyone to only utter this testimony oraly either in private or in public; but rather, he should believe in it by heart with a firm conviction and unshakeable faith.

If one is truly sincere and complies with the teachings of Islam in all his life, he will find himself a new born person.

http://www.islamworld.net/become.html

Esther462
11-11-2007, 04:22 PM
Muslim Women

www.muslimconverts.com is the web site I used to convert and I was thinking of useing some of that materal to help me with her.

ummzayd
11-11-2007, 04:47 PM
assalamu alaikum

how r u sister, did you get the pm (private message) I sent you? I have some books (and your friend) might like if you have time to come over & get them.

wassalam

Esther462
11-11-2007, 05:05 PM
Yes I did but I'm thinking about it. I've got to think of my personal safty before meeting someone off the internet. No ofence and I hope you understand.

ummzayd
11-11-2007, 05:32 PM
assalamu alaikum - hmm to be honest I never even thought of that! you are absolutely right to be careful.

wassalam

muslim1
11-11-2007, 07:03 PM
Dear Esther462,
Hope, wish and pray to Allah that you and your friend be guided to the right path. My congrats to you on Islam the true religion and the last message from Allah to humankind.

I would add to my sisters and brothers inputs that you have to know much about Islam. Statistics proved that the more Reverts read about Islam, the more they are conveinced and the more they love it.

My best prayers to you and your friend :peace::smile:

Esther462
11-12-2007, 03:08 PM
Ummzayd

I did get your message. As you are aware that I am a Limted member so can't message you back.
I know its getting dark early. I'm at college Tuesday-Friday and I finish at 3:30pm most days execpted Wednesday when I finish at 1pm and Thursdays I finish at 4pm now.
I could meet you on a Monday, any time after 12:30, as I go horse riding in the morning. Or I could meet you anytime at the weekends. Or after college on Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday.
I am quite easy to spot if you see me round town as I wear a rainbow colours head scarf most of the time.

ummzayd
11-12-2007, 03:52 PM
assalamu alaikum

sorry I didn't realise you couldn't pm me back. I sent you a pm with my email.

wassalam

Ghira
11-27-2007, 12:40 AM
Tell her to read this please...It helped many people

www.islam-guide.com

The Prophet (saw) and Sahabas (ra) kept it sweet and simple...and many people accepted and understood.

AHMED_GUREY
11-27-2007, 02:08 AM
Welcome to the forum Esther and masha-allah for you and your openminded friend. I think Alpha dude said it best and that is don't be intimidated cause i have a friend from Estonia who's now a muslim but his passion for Islam was more like a weird infatuation because there were many things he didn't understand and he absorbed alot of misconceptions from the media but still he was interested and when he had the guts to join me and my brothers to the mosque, we entered and he ran loool because he felt intimidated looool now we use this funny incident to taunt him every once and a while:D

Muslim Woman
01-13-2008, 12:08 AM

any good news ??? :)

Z-Blade
01-14-2008, 01:28 AM
:sl:,

Alhamdulillah, glad to hear you have accepted Islam ukhti and have already done the work of da'wah to get another one into our big family in Islam lol :').

Just teach her whatever you know so far ukhti and learn together ^^.

Wassalam.

*Marwah
01-29-2008, 09:46 PM
i tell u what...
tell her things step by step..
because if u say to her do this do that in 1day, its not good imsad...
take her to the easy level...:sunny:

taybe smiler
01-29-2008, 10:47 PM
allahu akbar
subhana allah

I love new muslims who they knew the truth

allah yehdeena o yehdi el-jameea'

true believer
02-17-2008, 04:07 PM
salam, find out where da nearst masjid is and take her there. try and get her to understand islam, this is ur duty as a muslim to help others. talk to her about islam, tell her what u know, show her dis site [she can learn a lot form here] and just be there and try to help in any way possible, inshalla she'll become a muslim and u will get lots of reward for helping her.

KRB_RABI
03-28-2008, 11:56 AM
masha allah,
nothing to difficult one who is entering in isalam. so ur friend also entered in islam very easily. exactly i don't understand ur question bcz, already u did convert then that same proceeture for ur friend also. if the persons r female such above the proceedure acceptable

Sule
04-01-2008, 07:07 PM
Alhamdulillah,,another convert!!
i agreed with most of my bro and sis here, a masjid (i'm sorry,,but somehow i prefered to call it masjid than mosque, is it okay?) is the best place to meet other brothers and sisters,,don't be afraid to ask anyone in the mosque they should help you,,search for local Imam or even 'ulama in the area,,jzk

dream gurl
04-03-2008, 01:21 AM
umm well how did u convert?? and prob do da same wid her..o let her hear lectures or read books bout islam..o da quran etc transalation

Yanal
04-03-2008, 01:49 AM
Asalam alaykum
Welcome to Muslim World
Where we all treat muslims with the same respect!

Now getting on to the answer to your question

Tell her everything you know,first. Then ask any questions that she has and write them down. Make a thread post them and we will try to answer them with the knowledge we have. Of course not as much as Prophet Muhammad(SAW)

Khudafiz

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.