/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Alphabet and translations

andrea44
11-11-2007, 09:12 PM
what is the different between :w: and :sl: ?

Is it a male/female thing like you say one thing to a male and another to a female?

Also, to learn Arabic what is a good site?
Why aren't the letters like A-Z straightforward since the numbers seem to much more simpler to learn?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
~Taalibah~
11-11-2007, 09:24 PM
:sl:
Means: May peace be upon you.

:w:
Means: And may peace be upon you too.

As far as i know...

Umar001
11-11-2007, 09:33 PM
First Al Salaam Alaykum (Al Salam is turned to As Salam)
Second Wa before the same as before.

snakelegs
11-11-2007, 10:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sabeeha
:sl:
Means: May peace be upon you.

:w:
Means: And may peace be upon you too.

As far as i know...
wouldn't you normally say :wasalambo?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
moslima
11-11-2007, 10:56 PM
:sl: Sister no different between :sl: , :w:
just if u said to me :sl: i will say to u :w: :D not for male or famel boz و it means and that is all but in
General we say Salam Alikoum And We Alikoum El Salam ( to u too) this mean many from this :sl:like Duaa :)
and if u need to learn arabic im from arab u can ask me my sister any thing about Arabic and i will answer :inshallah

moslima
11-11-2007, 10:59 PM
[QUOTE=moslima;857651]:sl: Sister no different between :sl: , :w:
just if u said to me :sl: i will say to u :w: :D not for male or female boz و it means and that is all but in
General we say Salam Alikoum And We Alikoum El Salam ( to u too) this mean many from this :sl:like Duaa :)
and if u need to learn arabic im from arab u can ask me my sister any thing about Arabic and i will answer :inshallah

Pk_#2
11-11-2007, 11:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
wouldn't you normally say :wasalambo?
I would say that :D ^

AsalamuAlaykum

And the reply

WalaykumSalaam

snakelegs
11-11-2007, 11:50 PM
thanks moslima - i know the meaning is the same but i just never ran in to that before!

andrea44
11-12-2007, 01:28 AM
interesting-thanks. now, no one answered my general abc question. the alphabet in arabic doesnt go normally a-z?

muslim1
11-12-2007, 05:54 AM
Dear andrea44,
I dont know exactly what u mean by they are not straightforward! But you you mean they are not sequent, then they are straightforward like A-Z. :p

Arabic is a very very rich and a massive language. It is not easy to learn any language, except French that is very close to English, but I think learning Arabic will be fun if you have the motive.

The big difference that makes Arabic a unique language, is its massiveness. Words in Arabic have many many countless sheds of meanings. This makes Arabic a really unsurpassed language. :peace:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.