/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Amazing Facts of word 'Allah'

afriend
11-12-2007, 02:12 PM
:sl:

Just look at the amazingness of the word 'Allah' alone.

In the arabic language, the word Allah cannot be made plural, nor can it be made genderised.

Also, in the books of the Jews and Christians, Allah is mentionned many times. This just shows how universal Allah is.

I just thought those facts alone were amazing enough, please add more if you have any! :)

Anyone realised that before? :ooh: Yusuf Estes is awesome! :shade:

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
------
11-12-2007, 02:18 PM
:salamext:

Allah is mentioned in ALL the Sacred scriptures (hinduism, christianity, judaism, buddhism) and so is Muhammad (Sallallaahu Alaihi Wa Sallam)

(Brother Zakir Naik)

:D

Camomilla
11-12-2007, 02:22 PM
yeah, It's amazing!
It's a uniq name, Allahu Akbar!

------
11-12-2007, 02:25 PM

Allah has no plural, feminine or diminutive form that could be associated with idolatry (i.e. gods, goddesses or 'demi-gods').

Source

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
------
11-12-2007, 02:27 PM

The scientific effects of saying ALLAH...Truely amazing!

Vander Hoven, a psychologist from Netherlands, announced his new discovery about the effect of reading the Qur'an and repeating the word ALLAH both on patients and on normal persons. The Dutch professor confirms his discovery with studies and research applied on many patients over a period of three years. Some of his patients were non-Muslims, others do not speak Arabic and were trained to pronounce the word "ALLAH" clearly; the result was great, particularly on those would suffer from dejection and tension.'Al Watan,' a Saudi daily reported that the psychologist was quoted to say that Muslims who can read Arabic and who read the Qur'an regularly can protect themselves from psychological diseases. The psychologist explained how each letter in the word "ALLAH" affects healing of psychological diseases. He pointed out in his research that pronouncing the first letter in the word "ALLAH" which is the letter (A), released from the respiratory system, Controls breathing. He added that pronouncing the velar consonant (L) in the Arabic way, with the tongue touching slightly the upper part of the jaw producing a short pause and then repeating the same pause constantly, relaxes the aspiration. Also, pronouncing the last letter which is the letter (H) makes a contact between the lungs and the heart and in turn this contact controls the heart beat.

What is exciting in the study is that this psychologist is a non-Muslim, but interested in Islamic sciences and searching for the secrets of the Holy Qur'an. Allah Ta'alah says,

" We will show them Our signs in the universe and in their own selves, until it becomes manifest to them that this (Qur'an) is the truth ." (Holy Qur'an 42:53)

[Translated from the Qatari "Arraya" Daily Sunday, 24 March, 2002]

Source

aamirsaab
11-12-2007, 02:35 PM
Just goes to show you that Psychology and Islam really are a clever mix.

Allahu akbar indeed.

Whatsthepoint
11-12-2007, 02:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muj4h1d4

The scientific effects of saying ALLAH...Truely amazing!

Vander Hoven, a psychologist from Netherlands, announced his new discovery about the effect of reading the Qur'an and repeating the word ALLAH both on patients and on normal persons. The Dutch professor confirms his discovery with studies and research applied on many patients over a period of three years. Some of his patients were non-Muslims, others do not speak Arabic and were trained to pronounce the word "ALLAH" clearly; the result was great, particularly on those would suffer from dejection and tension.'Al Watan,' a Saudi daily reported that the psychologist was quoted to say that Muslims who can read Arabic and who read the Qur'an regularly can protect themselves from psychological diseases. The psychologist explained how each letter in the word "ALLAH" affects healing of psychological diseases. He pointed out in his research that pronouncing the first letter in the word "ALLAH" which is the letter (A), released from the respiratory system, Controls breathing. He added that pronouncing the velar consonant (L) in the Arabic way, with the tongue touching slightly the upper part of the jaw producing a short pause and then repeating the same pause constantly, relaxes the aspiration. Also, pronouncing the last letter which is the letter (H) makes a contact between the lungs and the heart and in turn this contact controls the heart beat.

What is exciting in the study is that this psychologist is a non-Muslim, but interested in Islamic sciences and searching for the secrets of the Holy Qur'an. Allah Ta'alah says,

" We will show them Our signs in the universe and in their own selves, until it becomes manifest to them that this (Qur'an) is the truth ." (Holy Qur'an 42:53)

[Translated from the Qatari "Arraya" Daily Sunday, 24 March, 2002]

Source
Do you expect us to believe this?:uuh:
Come on, even Fox news can do better.

Whatsthepoint
11-12-2007, 03:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iqram
Believe it or not, Allah is not in need your belief in him. Rather it is you who needs him. Ever found yourself using the terms: Oh God, Oh lord...Oh my God etc. ?
Not really.
What has this have to do with the topic anyway?

InToTheRain
11-12-2007, 03:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Whatsthepoint
No because expectations are low when a person doesn't believe in the existence of God.

Whatsthepoint
11-12-2007, 04:02 PM
Sure you don't :)

People tend to say that sort of stuff when in some sort of distress. Now it has something to do with the topic.
Well, I don't. I've got better swear words. And I do not have a habit of talking when I feel distressed.
A lot of people, including atheists/agnostics, use god phrases. Why? Because they're popular, catchy, traditional, part of our culture...When an atheist/agnostic says OMG he or she is not refereing to god.
No it doesn't. We are supposed to be talking about the amazingness of the word "allah", not "god".:smile:

Whatsthepoint
11-12-2007, 04:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Z.AL-Rashid
No because expectations are low when a person doesn't believe in the existence of God.
Sorry, but to every person with a free mind the article doesn't look legit.

InToTheRain
11-12-2007, 04:30 PM
No need to apologise believe me it doesn't affect me in the least :D

By the way, the article was relating to a discovery made by a "Non-Muslim", correct me if I am wrong, so if by "free mind" you meant non-muslims then what do you think of his mind?

Whatsthepoint
11-12-2007, 04:58 PM
No need to apologise believe me it doesn't affect me in the least :D

By the way, the article was relating to a discovery made by a "Non-Muslim", correct me if I am wrong, so if by "free mind" you meant non-muslims then what do you think of his mind?
What I am saying is that the scientist, the study and the discovery are not real. They're made up. The article is a fraud.

------
11-12-2007, 05:02 PM

Nevertheless, things within Islamic Teachings have been found to be a cure, medically and physically. :-\

NoName55
11-12-2007, 05:03 PM
Come on, even Fox news can do better.
repeating the word ALLAH
experiment with all names of any religion's gods and you will see that it is the sound "aa" which seems to bring about the effect talked about in linked article.

@others
could it be that word Allah consists of 2 words?

------
11-12-2007, 05:10 PM

@ Whatsthepoint

Chek this:

Originally written in Arabic, this book is packed with a detailed description of the most common physical and spiritual diseases experienced by people throughout the ages. The author indicates the remedies for these by drawing both from the Qur'an and the wisdom of the Prophet Muhammad, blessings and peace be on him. Doctors and scientists may debate the effectiveness of traditional medicines, but the positive results and soothing effects of this medicine have been obvious to millions of people during the last fourteen centuries.Written nearly five hundred years ago, this unique work, now translated into easily readable English, gives a clear insight into a perspective of medicine - and an understanding of what constitutes and causes illness and healing - that have either largely been lost by those who once possessed them, or else not yet discovered by those who have never had access to them. The author gives a detailed description of both physical and spiritual diseases and their remedies, drawing both from the Qur'an and from the wisdom of the one to whom it was revealed - who said,, "Allah the Almighty has not created any illness without also creating its cure - except death," may Allah bless him and grant him peace, and who also said, "My sunnah is my medicine."
Medicine of the Prophet = Source

barney
11-12-2007, 05:27 PM
Believe it or not, Allah is not in need your belief in him. Rather it is you who needs him. Ever found yourself using the terms: Oh God, Oh lord...Oh my God etc. ?
Isnt that actually circular logic in one sentence?
Anyway, the pluralising and feminising aspect is interesting is it like a measure-word, i.e cattle cannot be cattles?

The Ruler
11-12-2007, 05:35 PM
It's rather queer, for it looks legit to me.

InToTheRain
11-12-2007, 05:42 PM
What I am saying is that the scientist, the study and the discovery are not real. They're made up. The article is a fraud.
I think you have made your opinion regarding this article clear on your firsts post :ooh: and it appears you didn't understand the question :ooh: So I will elaborate :D

He is not a Muslim, how does he stand to benefit from making this up? Why would he make it up? You said "free mind" (which I would interpret as "open mind") would say it is fraud and said before "Do you expect us to believe this?" (and by "US" I assume you mean non-muslims, which makes sense as they would not see the need to conform).

Sorry to say, but I also think a truely "open mind" is open to suggestions and I don't see you scientifically refuting the article in question but I do see a baseless opinion. trust me, if you can prove it's wrong then Kudos to you. No skin of my nose if you know what I'm sayin :ooh:

Al-arabi
11-12-2007, 06:04 PM
do u know why there is no plural for the word allah in arabic ???..
cuz it means al-elah wich means the god and if u wanna say the gods in arabic u say al-aalhah so its diffrent from allah ....:zip:
and we always use the name allah only and we forget that he have 99 other names like : arrhman. alqoddos...

asadxyz
11-12-2007, 07:06 PM
One should not be surprised on the opinion of Agnostics/Atheists.
How can you expect a rational thought from a person who thinks that "design can come into existance without a designer"?

syilla
11-12-2007, 07:34 PM
MashaAllah...truly said.

Saying only the word Allah really give me a calmer effect. :)

NoName55
11-12-2007, 07:41 PM
^^ that is what some "holy" men's dhikr is comprised of (which will take us nicely in to realms of mysticism and magic)

Whatsthepoint
11-12-2007, 09:30 PM
I think you have made your opinion regarding this article clear on your firsts post :ooh: and it appears you didn't understand the question :ooh: So I will elaborate :D

He is not a Muslim, how does he stand to benefit from making this up? Why would he make it up? You said "free mind" (which I would interpret as "open mind") would say it is fraud and said before "Do you expect us to believe this?" (and by "US" I assume you mean non-muslims, which makes sense as they would not see the need to conform).

Sorry to say, but I also think a truely "open mind" is open to suggestions and I don't see you scientifically refuting the article in question but I do see a baseless opinion. trust me, if you can prove it's wrong then Kudos to you. No skin of my nose if you know what I'm sayin :ooh:
I din't say Mr Vander Hoven made it up. I said the author made the article up up, including the Mr Vander Hoven.
This article is found solely on islamic sites, whereas Mr Vander Hoven cannot be found anywhere. Why does the article not mention which University is he a proffesor of? The raticle doesn't say in which scientific journals has the study been published (in none, as it seems. Published only on Isalmic sites... Strange, if it lasted three years and was conducted on numerous patients and individuals...).
Articles that begin with "a proffesor from..." cannot be relied upon regardless of their religious affiliation.
I'm not a doctor (yet) to able to scientifically refute the claims. Pronouncing Allah may as well be good for your body and mind, however I do not think it was proven by a dutch psychologist. And I do not think pronouncing Allah and reading the Quran can protect yourself from psycholoical diseases. If this were true there'd be none in the islamic world. And I do not think pronouncing Allah has much effect on non-muslims. Leters A and L are very common in manny languages, so all peope pronouncing them on a daily basis should be sane and healthy. I do find the part about "pronouncing the last letter which is the letter (H) which makes a contact between the lungs and the heart and in turn this contact controls the heart beat" a bit strange...
As far as I know it has been proven though that pronouncing religious words and mantras, has got positive effects on your mental (and physical) halth. You have to be a believer, of course. Hare Krishas do claim hat pronouncing their manstras also does well for everyone. I'm sure they've got an austrian scientist proving this.:okay:

InToTheRain
11-12-2007, 09:41 PM
I din't say Mr Vander Hoven made it up. I said the author made the article up up, including the Mr Vander Hoven.
This article is found solely on islamic sites, whereas Mr Vander Hoven cannot be found anywhere. Why does the article not mention which University is he a proffesor of? The raticle doesn't say in which scientific journals has the study been published (in none, as it seems. Published only on Isalmic sites... Strange, if it lasted three years and was conducted on numerous patients and individuals...).
Articles that begin with "a proffesor from..." cannot be relied upon regardless of their religious affiliation.
I'm not a doctor (yet) to able to scientifically refute the claims. Pronouncing Allah may as well be good for your body and mind, however I do not think it was proven by a dutch psychologist. And I do not think pronouncing Allah and reading the Quran can protect yourself from psycholoical diseases. If this were true there'd be none in the islamic world. And I do not think pronouncing Allah has much effect on non-muslims. Leters A and L are very common in manny languages, so all peope pronouncing them on a daily basis should be sane and healthy. I do find the part about "pronouncing the last letter which is the letter (H) which makes a contact between the lungs and the heart and in turn this contact controls the heart beat" a bit strange...
As far as I know it has been proven though that pronouncing religious words and mantras, has got positive effects on your mental (and physical) halth. You have to be a believer, of course. Hare Krishas do claim hat pronouncing their manstras also does well for everyone. I'm sure they've got an austrian scientist proving this.:okay:
Cool, at least I see where your coming from now and you have raised some good points. :thumbs_up I too would like to know more about this professor.

:peace:

Ummu Sufyaan
11-14-2007, 06:37 AM
In the arabic language, the word Allah cannot be made plural, nor can it be made genderised.
amazing.
not to mention, "oh lord help me..."etc.

Another interesting fact about the word "Allah." Al=the, lah=comes from the word "ilah" (diety). so al+lah=Allah=THE DIETY/GOD.

barney
11-14-2007, 06:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by asadxyz
One should not be surprised on the opinion of Agnostics/Atheists.
How can you expect a rational thought from a person who thinks that "design can come into existance without a designer"?
Who's that aimed at? I beleive in a designer! :)

NoName55
11-14-2007, 10:06 AM
^^ probably me too as I may have been seen as trying to rain on their little parade.

@ original poster: Yes Brother Estes is amazing indeed! as well as open minded and is always willing to change his position for a better one on any given subject as soon as he finds better proofs for it.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.