PDA

View Full Version : And he was respectful lol..



------
11-14-2007, 10:44 AM
:salamext:

I went to one of those Job Agencies yesterday and the interviewer (man) stuck his hand out to shake my hand.

I said "My religion doesn't permit me to shake hands with men" and he said, "That's fine, no problem."

And the role which I was applying for was within a Finance company, so taking what happened before into consideration, he asked me, "Is there anything within your religion that will effect your job, E.g. handling money and stuff?"

I thought that was well kool, Alhamdulillah, I felt bare respected :thumbs_up

Just thought I'd share lol :D
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
snakelegs
11-14-2007, 10:48 AM
glad you had such a positive experience.
but working at a finance company - isn't interest an issue?
Reply

------
11-14-2007, 10:52 AM
:salamext:

Yeh, but I'll only be doing the work on the computer, not handling the actual money...
Reply

IbnAbdulHakim
11-14-2007, 10:52 AM
assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullah

finance company lol. just make sure theres no riba involved sis... its all ova the place these days
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
------
11-14-2007, 10:54 AM
:salamext:

Lol...I'll be doing Administration (Inshaa Allaah), nothing to do with interest :D
Reply

IbnAbdulHakim
11-14-2007, 10:55 AM
Originally Posted by Muj4h1d4
:salamext:

Yeh, but I'll only be doing the work on the computer, not handling the actual money...
assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullah

Hadith - Mishkat-ul-Masabih

The following three ahadith have been taken from Mishkat-ul-Masabih under the section of interest and the English translation has been taken from its English version written by Al Hajj Moulana Fazl Karim (218-227 vol.11)

Hazrat Jabir r.a. has reported that the Messenger of Allah cursed the devourer of usury, its payer, its scribe and its two witnesses. He also said that they were equal (in sin).

Hazrat Abu Hurairah r.a. reported that the Prophet said : A time will certainly come over the people when none will remain who will not devour usury. If he does not devour it, its vapour will overtake him. [Ahmed,Abu Dawood,Nisai,Ibn Majah]

Hazrat Abu Hurairah radiyallahu anhu reported that the Messenger of Allah said: I came across some people in the night in which I was taken to the heavens.Their stomachs were like houses wherein there were serpents,which could be seen from the front of the stomachs. I asked :O Gabriel! Who are these people? He replied these are those who devoured usury. [Ahmed,Ibn Majah]


http://muttaqun.com/riba.html
Reply

------
11-14-2007, 10:57 AM
:salamext:

Erm.... :S I'll double check with the company Inshaa Allaah.... :S
Reply

IbnAbdulHakim
11-14-2007, 10:58 AM
lol alhamdulillah

assalamu alaikum
Reply

sevgi
11-14-2007, 11:25 AM
:sl:

cool..im glad to hear youre having positive feedback in the workforce...may this resemble upon our lives inshallah...

i seem to have the same problem at uni and stuff...may Allah make it easier for all of us...i accidently shook a guys hand once...i dno where my brain was...towbah...

my duas are with u inshallah...

:w:
Reply

~Taalibah~
11-14-2007, 11:27 AM
:sl:
I'm glad you had such a good experience its hard to find ppl like that today.
Try not to get too near haraam sis,:D
Reply

Malaikah
11-14-2007, 11:39 AM
:sl:

It happened to me a few weeks ago too, at a job interview. The poor guy looked so confused and taken-back lol. Especially since I have already warmly shaken hands with the woman who was there.
Reply

IbnAbdulHakim
11-14-2007, 11:42 AM
Assalamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullah

you guys are fortunate, the ladies at my workplace always behave offended, one of them has completely stopped talking to me, not that it bothers me lol Alhamdulillah
Reply

Tilmeez
11-14-2007, 11:43 AM
kool...
Reply

sevgi
11-14-2007, 11:46 AM
Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
Assalamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullah

you guys are fortunate, the ladies at my workplace always behave offended, one of them has completely stopped talking to me, not that it bothers me lol Alhamdulillah
thats like double goood..lol...

good going bro!
Reply

Ummu Sufyaan
11-14-2007, 11:59 AM
Originally Posted by Muj4h1d4
:salamext:

I went to one of those Job Agencies yesterday and the interviewer (man) stuck his hand out to shake my hand.

I said "My religion doesn't permit me to shake hands with men" and he said, "That's fine, no problem."

And the role which I was applying for was within a Finance company, so taking what happened before into consideration, he asked me, "Is there anything within your religion that will effect your job, E.g. handling money and stuff?"

I thought that was well kool, Alhamdulillah, I felt bare respected :thumbs_up

Just thought I'd share lol :D
:sl:
thanks for the share. subhannalah, there'es some really respectful non-muslims out there. and good for you to stand up for urself. you go girl. :p
:sl:
Reply

------
11-14-2007, 12:07 PM
Originally Posted by sumeyye
:sl:

i seem to have the same problem at uni and stuff...may Allah make it easier for all of us...i accidently shook a guys hand once...i dno where my brain was...towbah...

my duas are with u inshallah...

:w:
:salamext:

Same here sis, when I started work at a company before, (work experience), I shook 2 guys hands coz I thought it would be rude not to, but yesterday at that interview I thought "If I explain to him then he should understand", and he did, Alhamdulillaah :D

Jazaak Allaah Khayr for the duas sis xxx
Reply

rozeena
11-14-2007, 02:57 PM
cool stori sis! lol.
Reply

ashley66
11-15-2007, 06:21 AM
:sl:
Good for you.
I sometimes find myself in awkward situation when men (irrespecive of religious background) extend their hand to shake mine, usually during formal meeting in the presence of my other muslim colleagues. If I refuse, the guy may be embarrased. If i shook his hand, thats is commiting sin. Worse when other muslim women are also presence but don't mind doing so. A few times when I wasn't thinking I shook hand with the opposite.. :hiding:
Now I resort to acknowledging the opposite party by nodding my head and smile and somehow that stop them from offering handshake. I should have more courage like you.
Reply

Aicha-belgium
11-15-2007, 07:59 PM
Originally Posted by Muj4h1d4
:salamext:

I went to one of those Job Agencies yesterday and the interviewer (man) stuck his hand out to shake my hand.

I said "My religion doesn't permit me to shake hands with men" and he said, "That's fine, no problem."

And the role which I was applying for was within a Finance company, so taking what happened before into consideration, he asked me, "Is there anything within your religion that will effect your job, E.g. handling money and stuff?"

I thought that was well kool, Alhamdulillah, I felt bare respected :thumbs_up

Just thought I'd share lol :D
:sl:

If you say this in belgium...they will look at you like this:raging:. I heard that in England the community is more tollerant ? In the north of belgium and in the capital ( bruxelle) you can't even keep your hijjab on your work or at scool.
And now Belgium is getting more and more creasy , we don't have a prime minister:rollseyes ...Stupid country and stupid mentalety thats what I think about this mini pitsi little country....sory I 'am ontopic now:embarrass

:w:
Reply

sevgi
11-17-2007, 05:00 AM
Originally Posted by Aicha-belgium
:sl:

If you say this in belgium...they will look at you like this:raging:. I heard that in England the community is more tollerant ? In the north of belgium and in the capital ( bruxelle) you can't even keep your hijjab on your work or at scool.
And now Belgium is getting more and more creasy , we don't have a prime minister:rollseyes ...Stupid country and stupid mentalety thats what I think about this mini pitsi little country....sory I 'am ontopic now:embarrass

:w:
:sl:

wow...

i loved belgium..it was my favourite country outta all that i visited...except for the men..what the hell..:muddlehea

i guess its diffrent wen u actually live there...

:w:
Reply

Jayda
11-17-2007, 05:04 AM
Originally Posted by Muj4h1d4
:salamext:

I went to one of those Job Agencies yesterday and the interviewer (man) stuck his hand out to shake my hand.

I said "My religion doesn't permit me to shake hands with men" and he said, "That's fine, no problem."

And the role which I was applying for was within a Finance company, so taking what happened before into consideration, he asked me, "Is there anything within your religion that will effect your job, E.g. handling money and stuff?"

I thought that was well kool, Alhamdulillah, I felt bare respected :thumbs_up

Just thought I'd share lol :D
aww... that is SO rare. especially in the business world chivalry seems to have taken a back seat to what is more convenient or what the law requires... instead of what courtesy may prescribe...

congratulations! i think from what you are writing the job interview went very well and you will get the job!

que Dios te bendiga
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 34
    Last Post: 10-13-2012, 01:17 AM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-24-2010, 09:07 AM

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!