/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Famous tafsirs?

islam19241924
11-15-2007, 12:31 AM
:sl:

i understand as a Muslim that i cant just open the quran and understanding its meaning, therefore i need some recommendations of famous tafsirs that i can read and learn. The only book i know is the tafsir of ibn kathir, is there any other tafsir that i can buy from a bookshop or read or download from a website, must be in english.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Zafran
02-10-2009, 10:44 PM
salaam

Ibn Abbas (ra)

http://www.altafsir.com/

peace

Abu Hafs
02-10-2009, 11:24 PM
BismiLlah,

Wa 'Alaykum Assalam Wa RahmatuLlahi Wa Barakatuh,

The narrations in Tanwir al Miqbas min Tafsir ibn ‘Abbas vary in their level of authenticity, depending upon the reliability of the narrators themselves. Chains from Mu‘awiyah ibn Salih and Qays ibn Muslim al Kufi are considered Sahih and those from Ibn Ishaq are considered Hasan; whilst those from Isma‘il ibn ‘Abdur Rahman as-Suddi al-Kabir and ‘Abdul Malik ibn Jurayj are doubtful. Those from ad-Dahhak ibn Mazahim al Hilali, ‘Atiyah al-‘Awfi, Muqatil ibn Sulayman al-Azdi, and Muhammad ibn as-Sa’ib al-Kalabi, who was accused of fabricating ahadith, are all da‘eef. Nearly all of the Tafsir is based on statements narrated in chains containing Muhammad ibn as-Sa’ib al-Kalabi. Hence, this Tafsir is considered unreliable for the most part; and, despite its popularity amongst the masses, it is totally rejected by Muslim scholars. [Mabahith fi ‘Uloom al-Qur’an Pp. 360-62 and at-Tafsir wa al-Mufassirun Pp. 81-3]

Conclusion: stay away from this tafsir insha'Allah

chacha_jalebi
02-11-2009, 12:01 AM
there is imam al qurtubis tafsir ... tafsir al qurtubi, but im not sure about the english versions and how much volumes are published, last time i actually checked they only had like 2 volumes out, there is tafsir al jalalayn and that one by sheikh shinqeeti aswell, so search them in darusallam or sum book shop :D

but the most easiest to understand and read is ibn kathirs one:D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
yasin ibn Ahmad
02-11-2009, 12:16 AM
:sl:

Inshaallah you increase your knowledge of Quran and sunnah.And make dua for us.There is this site about Risale-i Nur collection.This collection is a kind of Tafsir of Quran.It doesnt explain the ayats one by one but the issues in the Quran is well-explained in this collection.I hope you get benefit from it.
http://www.nur.gen.tr/en.html

Caller الداعي
02-11-2009, 06:21 PM
:sl: bro
firstly mashallah may Allah increase ur thirst for knowledge ameen!
if ur a person who has not studied much about the quran and its commentary then id suggest it better for u to do that as it is the way knowledge is passed on in islam then picking up any tafseer will be be no problem for u inshallah!
however if u are unable to sit with a scholar then there are many tafseers out there and each with their own uniqueness....
but a beginner should start with something easy....there is a very good english tafseer written by mufti taqi uthmani called noble quran its just been published recently in 6 vol. or so and another tafseer of his late of father mufti shafee (the late mufti of pakistan) which was translated into english called maariful quran in 8 vols.( very beneficial and full of knowledge based on the classic tafseers)
these are two contemporary tafseers which i would approve for someone whos not well acquainted with the understanding of arabic language and principals of tafseer.

Norar
02-21-2009, 02:54 AM
Salaam u'alaikoem brothers and sisters,

I downloaded this tafsir but I dont know if its a good one.
Can someone check this book

Tafsir Ibn Kathir all 10 volumes

http://www.speedyshare.com/768427474.html

Norar
02-21-2009, 02:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Norar
Salaam u'alaikoem brothers and sisters,

I downloaded this tafsir but I dont know if its a good one.
Can someone check this book

Tafsir Ibn Kathir all 10 volumes

http://www.speedyshare.com/768427474.html
Barak Allahoe Fiek

Norar
02-21-2009, 03:00 AM
Sorry I replied to my self (LOL)
Its so late here it 4 o'clock in the night.

Anyway I hope that somebody can check that tafsir book for me.
its a biggy one it has more then 5500 pages ( 10 volumes)

Insjallah someone will reply

Barak Allahoe Fiek.

Nora

Malik719
12-03-2015, 01:24 AM
Wassalams Brothers and Sisters,

Here is an English Tafsir I found. I asked a few Imams from different mosques and they seemed to approved of it

Tafsirs.com

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.