/* */

PDA

View Full Version : *** Arabic Tutor Required ***

Abi786
11-16-2007, 11:55 AM
:sl:

I have been reading a few of the Threads in relation to learning the Arabic Language (for the basis of understanding the Holy Quran) - but have basically been overloaded with suggested textbooks, websites and CDs/Dvds that will/should help me with Grammer and Vocabulary and the Do's and Donts of successfully learning what seems like such a complex language. :-\ !!

So i have decided that i need to take it step by step:

1) Do Dua to Allah swt to help me on this path and ask for his help and guidance in making me succeed. (OK Done:thumbs_up)

2) Find a Tutor who can do one to one sessions with me and teach me the language of the Holy Quran..therefore thats what im doing at the moment:

But before i do that i think you should know a bit about my background and therefore know how big this job would be:hmm:

When i was young i was taught the Quran as every Pakistani was taught the Quran!! which basically means that although i can make out the words and read - i dont actually know what i am reading (and probably getting the dictation wrong) - grammar, punctuation, vocabulary...mmmm what are they??? If i get any of the above right its not because i am knowingly doing it right, but because it was drilled into me. Yeah i know astagfirallah... but i believe better seek knowledge late then never at all! so here goes...

ARABIC TUTOR WANTED
You need to be fluent in English and create a structured study program that will basically allow me to reach my end goal of reading the Quran in arabic and understanding what i am reading.
You must be able to tutor at my home on the weekends (i live in the city of Sheffield, UK)

if you post on the forum if you are interested or are aware of somebody that would be and then i can contact you etc to arrange times, training structure and discuss pay rates etc?

BTW - can anyone advise on suitable pay rates - i was thinking of a tutor for 2 hours on the weekend - what would be the standard hourly rate for that?

Thankyou for taking the time to read this

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
asadxyz
11-17-2007, 03:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abi786
:sl:

I have been reading a few of the Threads in relation to learning the Arabic Language (for the basis of understanding the Holy Quran) - but have basically been overloaded with suggested textbooks, websites and CDs/Dvds that will/should help me with Grammer and Vocabulary and the Do's and Donts of successfully learning what seems like such a complex language. :-\ !!

So i have decided that i need to take it step by step:

1) Do Dua to Allah swt to help me on this path and ask for his help and guidance in making me succeed. (OK Done:thumbs_up)

2) Find a Tutor who can do one to one sessions with me and teach me the language of the Holy Quran..therefore thats what im doing at the moment:

But before i do that i think you should know a bit about my background and therefore know how big this job would be:hmm:

When i was young i was taught the Quran as every Pakistani was taught the Quran!! which basically means that although i can make out the words and read - i dont actually know what i am reading (and probably getting the dictation wrong) - grammar, punctuation, vocabulary...mmmm what are they??? If i get any of the above right its not because i am knowingly doing it right, but because it was drilled into me. Yeah i know astagfirallah... but i believe better seek knowledge late then never at all! so here goes...

ARABIC TUTOR WANTED
You need to be fluent in English and create a structured study program that will basically allow me to reach my end goal of reading the Quran in arabic and understanding what i am reading.
You must be able to tutor at my home on the weekends (i live in the city of Sheffield, UK)

if you post on the forum if you are interested or are aware of somebody that would be and then i can contact you etc to arrange times, training structure and discuss pay rates etc?

BTW - can anyone advise on suitable pay rates - i was thinking of a tutor for 2 hours on the weekend - what would be the standard hourly rate for that?

Thankyou for taking the time to read this

:w:
Please contact me at "asadxyz@hotmail.com"
Thanks

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.