11-18-2007, 06:22 PM
יש מישהו פה שיכול לדבר עברית?

anyone here speak hebrew?

Fi Aman Allah
Aziz

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
snakelegs
11-18-2007, 07:57 PM
ani medaberet ivrit. ain li hakomputer sheli achshav.
haivrit sheli lo kol kakh tova aval, ani ohd zokheret. ani lo jehudit, aval hitlamadati ivrit lifney harbe shanot.

snakelegs
11-19-2007, 09:00 AM
שלום
עכשיו אני יכולה לכתוב בעברית.

Aziz Khalid
11-19-2007, 10:27 PM
יפה אז מה קורה?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
snakelegs
11-20-2007, 04:41 AM
שלום לך
מאיפה אתה יודע עברית?
אצלי שום דבר לא לורה
מאין אתה? מפרס?
להתראות.

north_malaysian
11-21-2007, 12:03 PM
שָׁלוֹם עֲלֵיכֶם

Whoa... never met a Muslim who can speak Hebrew...

snakelegs
11-26-2007, 09:43 PM
?איפה הלכת

malayloveislam
05-06-2008, 09:51 AM
Cool muslim can speak hebrew....that's great...any muslim speak aramic?

north_malaysian
06-25-2008, 06:05 AM
what's the meaning of "eretz le olam"?

snakelegs
06-25-2008, 06:15 AM
can you give me the context?
it could be "land forever."

north_malaysian
06-25-2008, 06:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
can you give me the context?
it could be "land forever."

i've heard an Israeli song...that the only words I could remember...

i forgot the singer's name, but the song title is "Eretz"

snakelegs
06-25-2008, 05:58 PM
eretz means land - for example: eretz yisrael = land of israel
l'olam = forever, always

it's probably one of those hyper patriotic, nationalistic songs from the days of early statehood. ;D

Whatsthepoint
06-25-2008, 06:03 PM
Hey, snakey, could you please translate this song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeT3v5ZmwpA

snakelegs
06-25-2008, 08:18 PM
no, - i wish i could. :-[
i understand phrases but much is lost. i taught myself hebrew decades ago - i can read it - such as newpapers, novels etc. but have had almost no practice in speaking it or chance to hear it.
i'd like to know who the singer is cuz he sounds like aviv gefen, who is (or at least last i knew was) kinda cool.
sorry.

north_malaysian
06-26-2008, 01:04 AM
How to say "I love Turkey" in Hebrew?

Is it "Anee ohev Turki"?

snakelegs
06-26-2008, 06:19 AM
ken, tov me'od! (you probably know that, but in case you don't = yes, very good!)
actually, i think it should be "ani ohev et turki"
a woman would say ani ohevet et turki.

north_malaysian
06-26-2008, 06:41 AM
ken, tov me'od! (you probably know that, but in case you don't = yes, very good!)
Toda! :D

Al-Zaara
06-26-2008, 07:52 PM
Peace, snakelegs

I don't want to be too curious nor ask too personal questions, but I can't help it! What is your ethnicity? And how did you learn Hebrea?

You don't have to answer but... Know that the first question I just proposed has been almost killing me all these months, for I haven't found the right moment to ask... *über dramatic* :p

unknown_JJ
06-26-2008, 08:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Zaara
Peace, snakelegs

I don't want to be too curious nor ask too personal questions, but I can't help it! What is your ethnicity? And how did you learn Hebrea?

You don't have to answer but... Know that the first question I just proposed has been almost killing me all these months, for I haven't found the right moment to ask... *über dramatic* :p
She taught herself, she said before ^

Self study is too cool..Now she's learning Urdu.

-Sorry Jay..

Al-Zaara
06-26-2008, 08:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by unknown_JJ
She taught herself, she said before ^

Self study is too cool..Now she's learning Urdu.

-Sorry Jay..
OK, second question answered! I knew she was learning Urdu, though.

First question still remains!

snakelegs
06-26-2008, 08:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Zaara
Peace, snakelegs

;D
i'm american, white folks mongrel. my mother was agnostic and my step-father atheist so i was never raised in any religion and never belonged to one.
as a child i felt a mystical attraction to the hebrew letters and in my late teens i became disabled so had plenty of time and taught myself.
i also studied judaism many years ago, just because i found it interesting. but hebrew was the Big Thing. i love the language!
many, many years later i learned that my biological father was a jew. (which does not make me a jew according to jews).
life is funny, huh.
i've been trying to teach myself urdu for the last 6 years or so and either i was much smarter when i was young, or i thought i was smarter than i really am, because it is very slow going. or maybe the hebrew was just easy to me because of the attraction i had to the letters.
if i live long enough (which is very doubtful unless i decide to give up on urdu), i would really like to learn arabic, which shouldn't be super difficult, since it's a semitic language too (unlike urdu). i wanted to study arabic after i learned hebrew but at the time, there were no resources available to me - this was in the 70;s. (had a hard enough time finding hebrew books, lol)
now, of course there is soooo much available - i wonder if young people really appreciate that - they probably take it for granted.
languages are fascinating - if i had the brains, i would have probably taught myself at least a dozen.

north_malaysian
06-27-2008, 04:06 AM
many, many years later i learned that my biological father was a jew. (which does not make me a jew according to jews).
So you must be considering yourself lucky as you dont have to follow the 613 laws to enter paradise.....:D

Whatsthepoint
01-03-2009, 07:59 PM
actually, i think it should be "ani ohev et turki"
a woman would say ani ohevet et turki.
Yep, et stands for the accusative case.

curiousgirl
01-10-2009, 11:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
שָׁלוֹם עֲלֵיכֶם

Whoa... never met a Muslim who can speak Hebrew...
if you go to palestine you will find a large group of muslims who speak both hebrew and arabic. The muslim arab-israelis would all speak hebrew and in the westbank hebrew is also understood at times

بنــuaeــت
01-19-2009, 06:47 AM
אני יכול להבין קצת של השפה העברית

malayloveislam
07-03-2009, 08:41 AM
Salam3alaikom warahmatollah,

I had received few words from lessons about Modern Hebrew language. Just want to share with others few words and I had seen that this thread is like dead, maybe we can learn something together since Allah had asked us not to waste anything related to good knowledge like languages. Maybe we can read what Zionists said about what they had done in Israel who knows. I dunno how to write Hebrew but I use Arabic script to learn those words and transcribe them using roman script, : P

Today lesson that I've got is about water.

Mayim: Water
Mishkha'im: Precipitation
Hatpala: Desalination
Hashkaya: Irrigation
Batsoret: Drought

1. Bli mayim, ein khayim

Without water, no life

2. Mayim mekor hakhayim

Water the source of life

3. Mayim gnuvim yimtaku

Stolen water is sweet

malayloveislam
07-03-2009, 08:53 AM
Last week I've got to learn about the word Hikma in Hebrew,

It is Hokhma, almost the same in sound with Arabic. They said this word is traditionally associated with Torah, the Law. It is translated as Wisdom and for the wise man, they say Hakhkam. Hebrew script is so difficult to recognize, they look all the same. I only can remember aleph and beth.

north_malaysian
07-03-2009, 11:25 PM
אני תוהה מאיפה אתה למד את השפה? :d

malayloveislam
07-04-2009, 03:39 PM
אני תוהה מאיפה אתה למד את השפה? :d
Wow, how to read that? I just use Arabic and Roman script transcribing Hebrew sound. Do you know how to read Hebrew? Can you help me and others learning the alphabets? They are so confusing, I tried learning them but only can remember alep and beth :blind:. I also can write those two alphabets only : (

malayloveislam
07-05-2009, 01:31 PM
Other words I learned and would like to share with others today:

Rakevet: Train
Qaron: Train wagon
Qatar: Engine Train, Locomotive
Mesila: Track, railway
Pasim: Railway tracks

Nesi3a Tova: Bon voyage!!!

north_malaysian
07-06-2009, 04:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by malayloveislam
Wow, how to read that? I just use Arabic and Roman script transcribing Hebrew sound. Do you know how to read Hebrew? Can you help me and others learning the alphabets? They are so confusing, I tried learning them but only can remember alep and beth :blind:. I also can write those two alphabets only : (
i cant read hebrew too.. just translate thru google translator... I wish I could have a teacher teaching me Hebrew, Turkish and Greek.

north_malaysian
07-06-2009, 04:08 AM
Hebrew words that i knew:

Shalom = Peace, Hi
Toda = Thank you
Mazal Tov = Congratulations
Otcha = You
Anee = I
Eretz = Country
Yom = Day

malayloveislam
07-06-2009, 06:07 AM
Hebrew words that i knew:

Shalom = Peace, Hi
Toda = Thank you
Mazal Tov = Congratulations
Otcha = You
Anee = I
Eretz = Country
Yom = Day
Cool!!! Keep them coming brother, we can share the words and later make sentences :D.

malayloveislam
07-06-2009, 06:44 AM
i cant read hebrew too.. just translate thru google translator... I wish I could have a teacher teaching me Hebrew, Turkish and Greek.
You had chosen nice and ancient languages. All of them are interesting and fascinating, don't forget Persian and Assyrian too. I tried to find some books about learning biblical Hebrew, but there are very difficult to find in the market here. I will start scratching Hebrew and Estrangela letters since now I have nothing to do, just finished my study. They are so difficult, especially Hebrew :exhausted.

north_malaysian
07-06-2009, 07:41 AM
You had chosen nice and ancient languages. All of them are interesting and fascinating, don't forget Persian and Assyrian too. I tried to find some books about learning biblical Hebrew, but there are very difficult to find in the market here. I will start scratching Hebrew and Estrangela letters since now I have nothing to do, just finished my study. They are so difficult, especially Hebrew :exhausted.
I only bought one Hebrew dictionary from Popular Bookstore years ago... and .. like half of it are words from the bibles...

malayloveislam
07-07-2009, 07:20 AM
Sukkah: Tabernacle, Booth for the Feast of Tabernacle

They said that, this tabernacle feast was one among three major Jews holiday. Historically they said, they traveled to the Temple in Jerusalem?? They were instructed to build a temporary structure which looks like a hut and they called it Sukkah. They live in the structure for a while. The Sukkah is reminiscent of the type of huts in which the ancient Israelites dwelt during their 40 years of wandering in the desert after the Exodus from Egypt.

E.g

Ana7nu bonnim sukkah: We build a tabernacle

Ana7nu: We
Bonnim: Build
Sukkah: Tabernacle

I guess I need to buy a dictionary too. It's difficult to construct a sentence without a dictionary help and a teacher of course.

north_malaysian
07-08-2009, 01:27 AM
I guess I need to buy a dictionary too. It's difficult to construct a sentence without a dictionary help and a teacher of course.
Try buying at Popular. I bought one published by Langescheidt

malayloveislam
07-12-2009, 12:03 PM
Try buying at Popular. I bought one published by Langescheidt
Thanks :statisfie, I will try searching for it in Popular Bookstore.

Some new words

Ari, Sha7al: Lion
Kfir: Lion cub
Lavi: Lioness
Dob: Bear

north_malaysian
07-13-2009, 08:14 AM
tseva (colour)
tsvaim (colours)
adom (red)
afor (grey)
varod (pink)
chum (brown)
yarok (green)
kachol (blue)
katom (orange)
lavan (white)
sagol (purple)
tsahov (yellow)
shachor (black)
tchelet (light blue)

malayloveislam
07-22-2009, 07:12 AM
Khurshat Ha'alonim: Forest of the Oak

Nakhal: River
Khursha: thicket,grove,small forest
Tal: Dew
Alon Ha-Tavor: Oak of the Tabor Mount
Peleg: brook, rivulet, creek, tributary
Alon: Oak

Ketal Khermon Sheyored, Al Harerey Tsiyon

(Psalms 133:3)

Like the Dew of Hermon, cometh down from the mount of Zion

Kayits Na3eem
Have a nice summer

malayloveislam
07-22-2009, 07:39 AM
Melek: king
Kohen: priest
Pesilim: idols
Shomron: Samaria, an ancient city in north Israel today?

malayloveislam
07-22-2009, 11:42 PM
Some glimpse of modern Hebrew:

Takhanat delek: Gas station
Khanut Nokhut: Convenience store
Ashrai: Credit
O: Or
Mezuman: Cash
Metadlek: Gas station worker
Naheget: Driver
Meykhal: Full

malayloveislam
08-04-2009, 10:17 AM
Weekdays

Yom: Day

Yom Rishone: Sunday
Yom Shayni: Monday
Yom Shlishi: Tuesday
Yom Revi3i: Wednesday
Yom Khamishi: Thursday
Yom Hashishi: Friday
Shabbat: Saturday

malayloveislam
08-04-2009, 10:38 AM
Weekdays

Yom: Day

Yom Rishone: Sunday
Yom Shayni: Monday
Yom Shlishi: Tuesday
Yom Revi3i: Wednesday
Yom Khamishi: Thursday
Yom Hashishi: Friday
Shabbat: Saturday

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.