/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Bragging

Umer
11-19-2007, 02:11 AM
AssalamuAlaikum,

can somebody plz tell me if bragging is a disease of heart and if so whats the best way to refrain from it. i personally think it is but just wanna confirm.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Umer
11-19-2007, 04:14 PM
i guess nobody knows the answer:-[

shible
11-19-2007, 04:23 PM
:sl:

Advertised personal sins will not be forgiven in Islam. Allah Almighty will not forgive the sins that are publicly disclosed and bragged about:

Muslims need to watch out from being proud and bragging about sins they have committed to gain worldly publicity and reputation among people. Such sins will not be forgiven by Allah Almighty. Let us look at what Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him said:

The following Hadith (Saying of the Prophet) was sent to me by brother Nuh Mikal Ba'th; may Allah Almighty always be pleased with him.

Narrated Abu Huraira: "I heard Allah's Apostle saying. "All the sins of my followers will be forgiven except those of the Mujahirin (those who commit a sin openly or disclose their sins to the people). An example of such disclosure is that a person commits a sin at night and though Allah screens it from the public, then he comes in the morning, and says, 'O so-and-so, I did such-and-such (evil) deed yesterday,' though he spent his night screened by his Lord (none knowing about his sin) and in the morning he removes Allah's screen from himself." (Translation of Sahih Bukhari, Good Manners and Form (Al-Adab), Volume 8, Book 73, Number 95)"

So my Muslim brothers and sisters, and especially the brothers, before you go bragging about how you got lucky yesterday, or how you made all the girls like you, you should first consider Allah Almighty, and fear Him, and know that you will ultimately meet Him.

If you have committed a sin in secret, then keep it in secret, unless of course you feel that you need to seek help (and I underline help) and talk about it with a friend or loved one, or feel that you must share your problem with somebody. But don't go around bragging about it for the sake of looking "cool" or "hot" or anything stupid like that. We all make mistakes and we all sin. Allah Almighty Understands and Knows. But what He doesn't like is for you to go around and spread evil to the people and advertising sins and tempting people to commit them.

All sins can be forgiven in Islam, except associating partners with Allah Almighty: "God forgiveth not that partners should be set up with Him; but He forgiveth anything else, to whom He pleaseth; to set up partners with God is to devise a sin Most heinous indeed. (The Noble Quran, 4:48)"

No body knows which sins will be forgiven and which won't. Every person Allah Almighty created will be Judged uniquely. His life record will be played before him, and all of the good and bad deeds he committed will be pointed out for him. Allah Almighty will then decide on sentencing the person to Hell or Heaven: "Then shall anyone who has done an atom's weight of good, see it! And anyone who has done an atom's weight of evil, shall see it. (The Noble Quran, 99:7-8)"

Allah Almighty's Mercy and Forgiveness are Great. He didn't really create us to punish us. I just ran a query using my web site's Noble Quran's Search Engine, and searched for all of the Noble Verses that contain "Most Merciful" and "Oft-Forgiving". I got 112 Noble Verses for "Most Merciful", and 84 for "Oft-Forgiving". Most of the returned Noble Verses do contain both expressions in them. But the point here is that Allah Almighty elaborated so many times about His Holy Mercy and Forgiveness.

There seems to be, however, sins that are not forgivable such as the ones mentioned above. But like I said, only Allah Almighty ultimately Knows which ones will be forgiven and which won't

source

Bragging

:w:

Umer
11-19-2007, 04:36 PM
jazakallah khair bro. appreciate it.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Nabooly
11-21-2007, 03:55 AM
Thanks shible :) and great question Umer :)

Camomilla
11-26-2007, 08:36 AM
:sl:
thanx for the share, Jazakallah Khair!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.