/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is Music Haraam?

Pages : 1 [2]

james
01-20-2006, 04:40 PM
oh..i am confused now..........do we not as MUSLIMS have the same beliefs???????????????????????????????

or is it different according to countries or something.....i dont have the instrumental version..he is singing throuout the album with instruments but all the songs are in praise of Allah so what is the problem exactly.....

didnt David (from the bible PSALMS) play the harp....and did not other phrophets enjoy music on occasion......???...yes they did.so why is it Haraam.?..seems each mslim has their own belief and this is confusing me as i thought we all believed the same thing......i am a new Muslim and i really thought we were all together in our beliefs but it seems we have some differences regarding music...what else i wonder????.......
confused James ...but love and peace to you all...

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Takumi
01-20-2006, 04:41 PM
James! move your thread to the Brother's section if you can later.

Brothers over there are more, how you say, more tolerant of each other. :)

You might also want to check certain links about music. Don't take anyone's word for it, yeah including mine. Read for yourself and then choose.

After you choose an opinion [mind you these opinions are based on sound sources by really good people], practice it and don't impose it on others. :)

That's how it works on matters of worldly affairs. :)

Islam is not IS-HARD :)

james
01-20-2006, 04:44 PM
okay thanks.....its difficult to know where and what to post without upsetting my brothers and sisters.......OH AND I SEEM TO HAVE A WARNING sign below my name...why??....am i asking silly quaetions or something????

Umar001
01-20-2006, 07:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Syed Hussain
ASW
....by listening to music even islamic ones a person becomes distant fromm the quran and will want to listen to songs rather thaan recitation....
ASW
I personally dont feel like that, there are types of songs that make you turn away then there are songs which actually make you think of the hear after and so on, and they aint nasheeds, then there are nasheeds, as such, which make me think of Allah alot.

but anyhow I have no knowledge in accordance with islam so I will leave from even speakin on the topic :)

I just would like to say, to the people that want to know how to stop listening, well some methods work for others and some work for some, anyhow, most music is listened to when walkin and some in classes or places where your attention is divided, meaning, half of you is payin attention to a friend in conversation, or thinking about something like college work or doing class work or just played as background, if this is the case then, i do not think replacing this music with Qu'ran would be in any way appropiate, because payin half attention to quran would be disrespectful, so what i do is play lectures, I play debates and lectures by Ahmed deedat Zakir Naik and the likes of those, so it reminds me of islam, and i can pay half the attention to it, Also I might gain islamic knowledge from it.
I think quran should be something only listened to when one is fully focoused on it, not something one plays while they are chattin or in class and taking notes, which would undermine the importance of the Words of Allah.

Peace be upon yall.

The Qu'ran and Bible in the light of Modern Science would be a good lecture to start with,

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ghurabaa2000
01-21-2006, 05:48 PM
:sl: James, ignore this post. It's a matter of difference of opinion and I'm glad you like those CD's!

lol.brother difference of opinion, where is your evidence???i hear so many brothers/sisters. r u basing it upon your own desires??

brother among the salaf scholars majority say that it is haram, only Ibn Hazm allows it, however ibn taymiyyah, ibn qayyam, and many others say that this opinion is very weak.

All 4 of the imams all agree that music is haram, abu hanifa has the harshest view of the 4, he considers sinfull and their is punishment for the one who listen to it. Shafi says it is detested and the one who does it, his testimony should not be accepted.

Prophet "there will be people from my ummah who will seek to make lawfull:fornication, wearing silk, wine, and the use of musical instruments. Allah will destroy them during the night" (bukhari)

Prophet said "a people of my ummah will drink wine, calling by it other than its real name.Merriment will be made for them by playing musical instruments, and the singing of lady singers. Allah will cleve the earth under them and turn others in to apes and wines" (Ibn Majah)

this is just a sample of narrations from the prophet(pbuh), there are any other hadiths which condem music, and there are many other scholars who back this up. among the shabaha, and the salaf there hardley any arguments over this subject its only later generations who have twisted this issue.

i am sori if i have offended anyone.:w:

Muhammad
01-21-2006, 06:31 PM
:sl:

Threads merged...

format_quote Originally Posted by Ansar Al-'Adl
As mentioned in the forum rules, this forum is not for prolonged fiqh discussions. Music is a controversial topic within Islam and there are differences of opinion amongst Muslims that I wouldn't expect to disappear. Everyone has to follow what they believe is most in accordance with the Qur'an and Sunnah, as understood by the early pious generation of Muslims. We do not simply follow what is in accordance with our desires.

Before I close this thread, I would like to re-iterate what I have said previously about the consensus of Muslim scholars on this issue. Scholars would agree that profane music or music that incites one to do evil (as is most prominent in the western music industry) or music that promotes immorality - all these are haraam. Scholars would also agree that simple vocal songs (nasheeds) calling one to Allah swt or reminding one of the truth, that these are permissable. Between these two categories there is a large grey area. So let every individual focus on what will benefit them in the afterlife.

For more information:
http://www.islamicboard.com/showpost...&postcount=194
Thread closed.
:w:

:threadclo

Hemoo
01-23-2006, 04:03 PM
jazaka allah khayran brother dhahabi;
and when the muslim sees such evil of songs he must try to deny that haraam using a wise way and allah said in surat Aali Imran no. 110

"You are the best of the nations raised up for (the benefit of) men; you enjoin what is right and forbid the wrong and believe in Allah; and if the followers of the Book had believed it would have been better for them; of them (some) are believers and most of them are transgressors."

and salam all.

papa_smurf
01-23-2006, 04:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by metsudaistwice
i can't stand haram music.
:rollseyes I thought all music is haram, which halal msic do you listen to?? :heated: lol

Muezzin
01-23-2006, 04:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hashim
This issue is a very important issue, and this author has presented a very good article. The problem is, the muslim ummah KNOWS that muslic is haraam, yet still sucked into this trap of the shaaytaan. Living in the west, it is even harder as music is everywere and everything! TV, radio, films, programmes, magazines, boks, films, in all of these and more muslic is heavily propagated.
Bro, you're right, but you can't really listen to music with the highlighted things. ;)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.