/* */

PDA

View Full Version : College Reference Self Description

afriend
11-22-2007, 08:52 PM
:sl:

I want to know how I should draft this out:

Please use the space below to tell us more about yourself. You may wish to include reasons why you wish to continue your education, interests, extra curricular activities, personal/academic achievements, any positions of responsibility you have held.
JazakAllah khair in advance, Bullet pointed would be good.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Umar001
11-22-2007, 10:20 PM
What?

Just write about each thing they've listed bro.

Why continue education:

*To achieve degree?
*To get job?
*To get married? hehe, thats a joke. although you prolly will need a degree to get married ;)

Pk_#2
11-22-2007, 11:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al Habeshi
What?

Just write about each thing they've listed bro.

Why continue education:

*To achieve degree?
*To get job?
*To get married? hehe, thats a joke. although you prolly will need a degree to get married ;)
and

'cause you wana be like Einstein he's your role model

You want abita dosh

You wana make something outta your life

You wana put use to what you have already gained, 'knowlege wise' by taking it further to actually accomplish sutin

Da da da..

The Ruler
11-23-2007, 04:45 PM
* Why the place appeals to you;
* Any sports club you're involved with;
* Anything you helped organise in school or any clubs you run at school;
* "Any positions of responsibility you have held";
* Your work experience, what you learnt from that.

Please use the space below to tell us more about yourself
They like hard-working, enthusiastic, eager-to-learn students. Describe yourself as that.

"Why continue education" - that's another way of asking what you want to do when you grow up i.e. University, what courses you want to take etc.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
czgibson
11-23-2007, 05:01 PM
Greetings,

Tell them you're a member of an Internet forum where you ask people to do your work for you! :giggling:

Please use the space below to tell us more about yourself. You may wish to include reasons why you wish to continue your education, interests, extra curricular activities, personal/academic achievements, any positions of responsibility you have held.
Surely the person best placed to answer that would be you, wouldn't it?

Peace

chacha_jalebi
11-23-2007, 05:06 PM
just sell yourself, make yourself sound like some clever clogg, but not a nerd and your aware of the world :D

just make it out that if the college accepts you, then it will be their advantage and if they dont then it will be their loss

and if they ask for bad points make it sound good like "give more time to studies" :p like always make it sound that your proper into your studies lol

most of it is just lies unless your really like that :p

chacha_jalebi
11-23-2007, 05:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by czgibson
Greetings,

Tell them you're a member of an Internet forum where you ask people to do your work for you! :giggling:

Surely the person best placed to answer that would be you, wouldn't it?

Peace
:mmokay: ive said this before and il say it again

theres always one :mmokay: isnt there

czgibson
11-23-2007, 05:08 PM
Greetings,
format_quote Originally Posted by Iqram
lol, well I needed to know how to structure it out, so I wouldn't be going headless into an essay about, ahem, myself :?

And JazakAllah sis, that's exactly what I wanted.
Look at the question - the structure is laid out for you:

Please use the space below to tell us more about yourself. You may wish to include:

reasons why you wish to continue your education,
interests,
extra curricular activities,
personal/academic achievements,
any positions of responsibility you have held.
Easy, no?

Peace

The Ruler
11-23-2007, 05:10 PM
Do a draft and I'll read it for you, and comment insha'Allah.

chacha_jalebi
11-23-2007, 05:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iqram
I'll find it really hard to just talk about myself. I can't do that in a good way for some reason.
yeh i know what you mean lol, but bro just think of it as gettin a place in a good college. its worth it, just follow the advice given by sister liuyu thats basically how it should be

and like when you say something like im punctual or im a responsible person, give evidence for it, like say im a very punctual person for example i recieved a reward for my punctuality in my school . . .

and they aint gona check it up lol they got better stuff to doo, so just make it sound good

good luck:D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.