/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Are we allowed to wear clothing depicting animals?

abbas_ali
11-28-2007, 11:34 PM
I would have thought a complete no-no as this is what my mum has told me but some of my friends say its ok. What is actually correct?

Salaam and Jazallah-khair

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Woodrow
12-01-2007, 11:11 PM
Thread Approved for Posting

abbas_ali
12-04-2007, 07:00 PM
Anyone have any suggestions?

snakelegs
12-04-2007, 08:27 PM
i think your mother is correct.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
wilberhum
12-04-2007, 09:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
i think your mother is correct.
Mom is always right. That's Rule #1.

Rule #2 is when ever you are not sure of something, see Rule #1.

barney
12-04-2007, 09:36 PM
Narrated Aisha: (the wife of the Prophet) I bought a cushion having on it pictures (of animals). When Allah's Apostle saw it, he stood at the door and did not enter. I noticed the sign of disapproval on his face and said, "O Allah's Apostle! I repent to Allah and His Apostle. What sin have I committed?' Allah's Apostle said. "What is this cushion?" I said, "I have bought it for you so that you may sit on it and recline on it." Allah's Apostle said, "The makers of these pictures will be punished on the Day of Resurrection, and it will be said to them, 'Give life to what you have created (i.e., these pictures).' "The Prophet added, "The Angels of (Mercy) do not enter a house in which there are pictures (of animals)."Sahih Bukhari 3:34:318 Sahih Bukhari 7:62:110

So I think thats pretty clear.
Cartons of milk with pictures of cows on, cans of dog food with dogs on and badges supporting the world wildlife trust with pandas on would also probably be inculded.

Fishman
12-04-2007, 09:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by barney
Narrated Aisha: (the wife of the Prophet) I bought a cushion having on it pictures (of animals). When Allah's Apostle saw it, he stood at the door and did not enter. I noticed the sign of disapproval on his face and said, "O Allah's Apostle! I repent to Allah and His Apostle. What sin have I committed?' Allah's Apostle said. "What is this cushion?" I said, "I have bought it for you so that you may sit on it and recline on it." Allah's Apostle said, "The makers of these pictures will be punished on the Day of Resurrection, and it will be said to them, 'Give life to what you have created (i.e., these pictures).' "The Prophet added, "The Angels of (Mercy) do not enter a house in which there are pictures (of animals)."Sahih Bukhari 3:34:318 Sahih Bukhari 7:62:110

Cartons of milk with pictures of cows on, cans of dog food with dogs on and badges supporting the world wildlife trust with pandas on would also probably be inculded.
:sl:
Some people do not include photos in the category of forbidden images. Some others allow images of animals and people that have vital parts of them missing, such as head or body or face. Just looking at these is allowed though, unless it falls under other laws such as looking at the opposite sex.

And why would you want a picture of a cow anyway, those things are evil space Nazis!
:w:

NYCmuslim
12-04-2007, 10:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by barney

Thats a pretty wierd hadith. Why would Aisha repent to Muhammad(PBUH)? Isn't Allah the only one she should be repenting to? Sorry for getting off topic.

snakelegs
12-04-2007, 10:25 PM
check it out
http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/fundamen...i/062.sbt.html

snakelegs
12-04-2007, 10:30 PM
another
Volume 3, Book 34, Number 428:
Narrated Said bin Abu Al-Hasan:

While I was with Ibn 'Abbas a man came and said, "O father of 'Abbas! My sustenance is from my manual profession and I make these pictures." Ibn 'Abbas said, "I will tell you only what I heard from Allah's Apostle . I heard him saying, 'Whoever makes a picture will be punished by Allah till he puts life in it, and he will never be able to put life in it.' " Hearing this, that man heaved a sigh and his face turned pale. Ibn 'Abbas said to him, "What a pity! If you insist on making pictures I advise you to make pictures of trees and any other unanimated objects."

abbas_ali
12-10-2007, 05:58 PM
So... just to clarify what i thought previously was correct? That clothing (e.g. tops, belts etc.) with pictures of animals is haraam?

barney
12-10-2007, 09:46 PM
Looks that way, yeah.

abbas_ali
12-20-2007, 12:55 AM
Great - now i can tell all of my friends who said i was wrong :)

H@fiz Aziz
12-24-2007, 04:58 AM
100% you cannot wear any pic shirts during salaat/namaz or worship.

MaiCarInMtl
12-27-2007, 03:06 PM
Hold on, so it's not ok to wear soemthign with with the image of an animal on it. What about animal print clothing (I find it vile-looking myself, but I still would like things to be clear).

How about children who have stuffed animals? Or if a child draws animals?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.