/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Crafts: clothes dyes-- help needed

جوري
12-05-2007, 03:57 AM
Hi, I'd like to know if anyone has experience with dying clothes? My gloves stain easily, which makes me want to handle them with 'kid-glove' it doesn't make them very practical or wearable and now it is 30 degrees outside. I purchased a clothes dye today in charcoal gray and before I go for it I'd really like to consult, because if I ruin them I'll be very upset . The palmer side is suede and the rest is wool, so I'd like to know if there are special instructions for each? also how I can get the item to be dyed a homogenous color and not in patches? When should I use salt and how much and when should I use soda ash? also how much dye should I use the powder didn't come with many instructions, and 'assumes' you already know what you are doing.. also should I wash them afterwards and is there something I can do to keep the color from bleeding into my finger or fading? will the dye ruin the suede?
thank you and Jazakoum Allah khyran
:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.