/* */

PDA

View Full Version : My College Essay

devout_muslimah
12-05-2007, 09:58 PM
:sl:

So its that time of my life when I have to start applying to colleges, and I am seriously about to tear my hair out. I'm sitting here working, or trying to work on my college essay. I decided to write about my life after September 11, and how because of people's negative attitudes towards Muslims, I was embarrased to be Muslim (I know, I suck but I was only 11 and didnt understand) and took off my hijab. But then I saw my mom being strong, and I realized that I shouldnt compromise my beliefs for other people and blah blah blah lol.

So for those who have gone through this process, do you think this is a good topic to talk about? And does anyone have any advice for me? It would be greatly appreciated! :thumbs_up

Please pray for me at this difficult time in my life.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Kittygyal
12-05-2007, 10:08 PM
Salamualikum.
Be who you are. Pray to Allaah.. you will be questioned upon ur own actions.
Ma'assalama

The Ruler
12-06-2007, 05:45 PM
So for those who have gone through this process, do you think this is a good topic to talk about? And does anyone have any advice for me? It would be greatly appreciated!
If you're in the UK and are applying to a college, see this thread.

If you're in the USA, I'm afraid you'll have to wait for someone from USA.

[Unless I've misinterpreted your post].

:w:

devout_muslimah
12-07-2007, 03:51 AM
Yup I'm in the US. Thanks for trying to help anyway, appreciate it. =]

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.