/* */

PDA

View Full Version : marijuanna

noorahmad
12-07-2007, 11:32 AM
:sl:
i wanted to know whether consumin marijuanna was considered as an intoxicant( 40 days during which the consumer's namaz won't have any value) or is it the same as smoking cigarette(just haraam)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Kittygyal
12-07-2007, 05:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by noorahmad
i wanted to know whether consumin marijuanna was considered as an intoxicant( 40 days during which the consumer's namaz won't have any value) or is it the same as smoking cigarette(just haraam)
Salamualikum.

Trust me you will regret it lata man!.. Anywho there was once upon a time about this.. use search engine...

Unless me got mistaken...

Anywho May Allaah guide us all Amin

Ma'assalama Man

Woodrow
12-07-2007, 05:33 PM

Would you be willing to drink a beer? Your attitude toward marijuana should be the same. they are both done for the same reason, the intoxicating effect.

czgibson
12-07-2007, 05:47 PM
Greetings,

Marijuana is certainly an intoxicant, and I think it should be clear to anyone that it is forbidden in Islam.

Marijuana intoxicates a person the same way alcohol does.
I can see what the author is saying here, but his phrasing is ambiguous. Marijuana and alcohol rather obviously have different effects on the brain and body.

Peace

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Pk_#2
12-07-2007, 05:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by czgibson
Greetings,

Marijuana is certainly an intoxicant, and I think it should be clear to anyone that it is forbidden in Islam.

I can see what the author is saying here, but his phrasing is ambiguous. Marijuana and alcohol rather obviously have different effects on the brain and body.

Peace
Maybe the idea is that it effects you in a similar way,

as in they both have serious issues connected to them,

Allah knows best,

Peace be upon those who follow guidance.

noorahmad
12-07-2007, 07:24 PM
yea i agree to all that but wats bothering me is that the first cigarette u smoke make u a bit highway and its the same for marijuanna, wen u've gotten used to it, it doznt have the same effect as b4!

Kittygyal
12-07-2007, 09:12 PM
yea i agree to all that but wats bothering me is that the first cigarette u smoke make u a bit highway and its the same for marijuanna, wen u've gotten used to it, it doznt have the same effect as b4!
Well don't take it init, You will gag for it but trust me man u'll regret it lata!
Ma'assalama

BlackMamba
12-07-2007, 10:27 PM
Dude, its haram. Im sorry. Hes the verse that talks about intoxicants.

5:90 O ye who believe! Intoxicants and gambling, (dedication of) stones, and (divination by) arrows, are an abomination,- of Satan's handwork: eschew such (abomination), that ye may prosper.

noorahmad
12-08-2007, 04:31 PM
im not touching it, just something that has been troubling me for some time!
ifs its considered as an intoxicant and put on the same level as alcohol, i think that the same shud be done for cigarette

Woodrow
12-08-2007, 04:50 PM
im not touching it, just something that has been troubling me for some time!
ifs its considered as an intoxicant and put on the same level as alcohol, i think that the same shud be done for cigarette

I believe most of us agree with you there. The problem is there has been a long time economy built upon tobacco. It is a hideous trap. Millions of people have their lives built into the production of tobacco and even if they hate tobacco, they can do little to change their income methods.

My home state of Connecticut used to be a major togacco producing region. It no longer is, but it took 40 years to turn the economy around so the tobacco farmers could change their farms to other uses. For that reason, you will find many people keeping tobacco legal. It became legal at a time it was not thought to be harmful and only after a whole system of production was established, did the harm become known. It would be like if suddenly some body just discovered that tomatoes were harmful. they would be many problems to stop the growing and sale of them.

Actually tomatoes are in the tobacco family and the leaves are smoked like tobacco, only much higher nicotine levels. Tomatoes have a very high level of nicotine and are deadly if any part except the fruit is consumed. Perhaps someday they too will be considered to be an intoxicant.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!