/* */

PDA

View Full Version : practicing what we preach

caroline
12-08-2007, 05:34 PM
I am a Christian and my husband is a Christian minister.

A few months ago I started feeling very drawn to Islam and felt a strong urge to change my manner of dress. I went on the internet and ordered a salwar kameez to start with. I loved it and then ordered a jilbab. From the moment I put on the jilbab I felt like a different person. I felt peaceful and honored and beautiful. When I walked I felt like a good woman, honoring my husband and God. Soon after I felt a desire to put on a head covering. At the time I did know it was called hijab. One day, at home alone, I tried to wrap my head. I was so clumsy but I got the scarf on and wore it around the house. I loved it. I felt like a righteous woman and having it on gave me a desire to speak kindly and act in a respectable manner. I just couldn't imagine speaking harshly with those clothes on.

Then a young man told me to read I Corinthians 11 in the Christian Bible. I read it and found very specific orders for women to cover their heads especially any time they are praying (which is supposed to be unceasing). It said that a woman whose head is uncovered bring shame upon her husband, who is the head of the woman.

And it occurred to me that, if Christians were to follow the instructions in the Bible more closely, they would act and look a lot like Muslims!

:nervous::nervous:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Woodrow
12-08-2007, 09:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by caroline
I am a Christian and my husband is a Christian minister.

A few months ago I started feeling very drawn to Islam and felt a strong urge to change my manner of dress. I went on the internet and ordered a salwar kameez to start with. I loved it and then ordered a jilbab. From the moment I put on the jilbab I felt like a different person. I felt peaceful and honored and beautiful. When I walked I felt like a good woman, honoring my husband and God. Soon after I felt a desire to put on a head covering. At the time I did know it was called hijab. One day, at home alone, I tried to wrap my head. I was so clumsy but I got the scarf on and wore it around the house. I loved it. I felt like a righteous woman and having it on gave me a desire to speak kindly and act in a respectable manner. I just couldn't imagine speaking harshly with those clothes on.

Then a young man told me to read I Corinthians 11 in the Christian Bible. I read it and found very specific orders for women to cover their heads especially any time they are praying (which is supposed to be unceasing). It said that a woman whose head is uncovered bring shame upon her husband, who is the head of the woman.

And it occurred to me that, if Christians were to follow the instructions in the Bible more closely, they would act and look a lot like Muslims!

:nervous::nervous:
The earlier followers of Jesus(as) and Jesus(as) himself were following Islam. Everything from the diet laws, to the clothing to the belief in the oneness of God(swt) were no different than the Islam of today.

It is very good food for thought and something to think about.

Whatsthepoint
12-08-2007, 09:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
The earlier followers of Jesus(as) and Jesus(as) himself were following Islam. Everything from the diet laws, to the clothing to the belief in the oneness of God(swt) were no different than the Islam of today.
Are you saying Jesus was a monotheists who submitted himself to the will of one God or that he lived in accordance to the the Islamic laws? If the second, what were these laws? Were they the same as those in the Quran?
Did Jesus eat kosher or halal food?
Do you believe his female followers wore the hijab all the time?

caroline
12-08-2007, 09:35 PM
Are you saying the Jesus was a Muslim?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
caroline
12-08-2007, 09:35 PM
Was Jesus a Palestinian?

جوري
12-08-2007, 10:38 PM
Qur’an 33:59

PICKTHAL: O Prophet! Tell thy wives and thy daughters and the women of the believers to draw their cloaks close round them (when they go abroad). That will be better, so that they may be recognised and not annoyed. Allah is ever Forgiving, Merciful.

:w:

Woodrow
12-09-2007, 03:46 AM
Are you saying the Jesus was a Muslim?
Yes, not only Jesus(as) but all of the Prophets(PBUT) as well. Remember Islam is not an ethnic group or nationality. A person can be of the Jewish Race or any other Race and still be Muslim. A Muslim is a person who follows Islam, and Islam is the Arabic word for full surrender to God(swt)

I have no doubt that Jesus(as) surrendered to God(swt) and is His Servant.

Was Jesus a Palestinian?
I see no reason to think so and much reason to believe he was Jewish in both Religion and Nationality.We know he spoke Aramaic which was the common spoken language of the Jews at that time.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.