/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Prayers

bibi22
12-09-2007, 09:20 PM
Ok,I was just wondering why you need to pray 5 times daiily?:?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
- Qatada -
12-10-2007, 12:08 PM
Hey. :)

Here's some interesting benefits of Prayer;

Prayer is a chance to turn to Allah [God] in worship, to give thanks, to ask for forgiveness, and to ask for His Guidance and Mercy.

Some benefits of prayer:

1. It enriches the soul and fulfills its yearning to connect with its Lord. This gives the soul peace and contentment.

2. It purifies the heart from the effects of indolence and sin by providing a continuous opportunity for communication with Allah and for repentance.

Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) indicated this when he said to his Companions: “Consider if one of you had a river by his door in which he bathed five times a day. Would any filth remain on him?” They responded in the negative. He said: “Likewise, Allah wipes away sins with the five daily prayers.” [Sahîh al-Bukhârî (528) and Sahîh Muslim (667)]

This stresses the meaning of Allah’s words: “Establish prayer, for verily prayer restrains from shameful and unjust deeds. And the remembrance of Allah is the greatest thing.” [Sûrah al-`Ankabût: 45]

3. It emphasizes the proximity between religion and daily life. Life, from an Islamic standpoint, is to be directed to Allah. Life is an opportunity for worship and the remembrance of Allah. Praying repeatedly throughout the day, interrupting the daily activities, brings about the realization of this concept. The believer, through prayer, acquires a spiritual awareness that he takes with him throughout all of life’s endeavors.

4. Prayer teaches punctuality. Allah Has determined specific times for the daily prayers which may not be violated. Allah says: “For such prayers are enjoined on believers at stated times.” [Sûrah al-Nisâ’: 103]

This shows us the importance of time.

5. Prayer teaches the Muslim the virtues of constancy and perseverance while opening the door to greater effort. Allah’s Messenger (peace be upon him) said: “The beloved deeds to Allah are the ones performed most regularly, even if they are small.” [Sahîh al-Bukhârî (6464) and Sahîh Muslim (783)]

6. Prayer cultivates brotherhood, equality, and humility between the Muslims. Everyone stands together before Allah in their ranks with no distinction between them.

Discover Islam:

http://islamtoday.com/discover_islam...&sub_cat_id=41

IbnAbdulHakim
12-10-2007, 12:12 PM
ok let me give a really silly example.

Lets take our clean sparkly marble white teeth, if we leave it for a day it gets dirty... just by leaving it. You dont even have to eat anything ! Now if you smoke or drink tea or whine etc, it gets REALLY dirty, now you really need to clean it.

Guess what, the soul is even more prone to getting dirty then this, sins stain it so bad! Every sin leaves a black spot on our hearts, if we repent sincerely Allaah can remove it, or it accumulates and accumulates till our hearts turn black, Thus we turn to Allaah in prayer 5 times a day hoping to keep our hearts clean and earn paradise.

Hope that made sense, btw i think we should brush our teeth many times a day, its nice to have white teeth, and its nicer to have a white heart !

------
12-10-2007, 12:22 PM
:salamext:

You need to pray 5 times daily sis, because Muslims have been commanded to do so by Allaah subhaan wa taa’la. That’s the base of it.

Secondly, if you don’t pray, you are [as per some scholars] considered as a kaafir [disbeliever].

Us human beings cannot thank Allaah subhaan wa taa’la enough for the blessings He has bestowed upon us, and praying 5 times a day is NOTHING compared to these blessings.

Be thankful they are 5 prayes a day and not 50! :okay:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
jzcasejz
12-10-2007, 12:34 PM
Quite a long read... but it's pretty good...

bibi22
12-10-2007, 05:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muj4h1d4
:salamext:

You need to pray 5 times daily sis, because Muslims have been commanded to do so by Allaah subhaan wa taa’la. That’s the base of it.

Secondly, if you don’t pray, you are [as per some scholars] considered as a kaafir [disbeliever].

Us human beings cannot thank Allaah subhaan wa taa’la enough for the blessings He has bestowed upon us, and praying 5 times a day is NOTHING compared to these blessings.

Be thankful they are 5 prayes a day and not 50! :okay:
LOL,that made me smile.
I get that you need to pray to lean yourself from sins but,wouldn't doing it once a day be enough?
I know it must sound silly to you,but I really can't get why it's 5 times and not ,let's say 2 or 3.Has the number 5 a specific meaning to your faith?

- Qatada -
12-10-2007, 05:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by bibi22
LOL,that made me smile.
I get that you need to pray to lean yourself from sins but,wouldn't doing it once a day be enough?
I know it must sound silly to you,but I really can't get why it's 5 times and not ,let's say 2 or 3.Has the number 5 a specific meaning to your faith?

Hey.

The first prayer is at sunrise.

The second prayer is in the early afternoon.

The third in the late afternoon.

The fourth at sunset.

The fifth at night.

Now think about it, isn't that the best way to be devoted to God? To remember Him throughout your day and to learn to be dutiful and sincere to God, yourself and others?

I think it's well kool.

Peace.

crayon
12-12-2007, 03:48 PM
bibi, why 2 or 3 times, not 5?

Also, originally, it was meant to be 50 times a day, but Allah then lowered the obligatory prayers to 5 to make it easier for us.:)

bibi22
12-14-2007, 10:18 PM
50 times????:uuh:
that's quite a lot!!!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.