/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Original Meaning - Classical Arabic

kay106
12-11-2007, 01:37 AM
Salam brothers and sisters,

I am not trying to cast doubts into any ones mind. Forgive me if this does.

But this questions has been puzzling me for a while. Please provide me an answer, i will be grateful and pray for you, insha Allah.

Question is, that how do we know that the meaning's that are given in the translations are the original meanings as it was during the time of the prophet Muhammed (Pbuh)?

Examples - The word, which dont know how to prounce it properly, Muhsionna means vastness in space as well as expanding it. How do we know that this was the two meanings of the word during the prophets (pbuh) time and the latter weren't added on to it later? And then claiming that it is a miracle in the quran (The miracle about the universe expanding)?

Are the words in the quran still used in modern day spoken arabic?
Do they mean the same thing in both classical (quranic) as well as in the modern arabic.

Please help me defeat this shaytan, he comes to me with doubts and i say to it bring it on, i will find answers to it, insha Allah, and this will increase my iman, insha Allah. Islam always has an answer to everything! it is not a religion which we are not allowed to question, instead we are encouraged to question, hope iam correct, please guys do verify it before accepting.

Thank u my brothers and sisters hope you all paradise:-)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
asadxyz
12-11-2007, 03:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by kay106

But this questions has been puzzling me for a while. Please provide me an answer, i will be grateful and pray for you, insha Allah.

Question is, that how do we know that the meaning's that are given in the translations are the original meanings as it was during the time of the prophet Muhammed (Pbuh)?

Examples - The word, which dont know how to prounce it properly, Muhsionna means vastness in space as well as expanding it. How do we know that this was the two meanings of the word during the prophets (pbuh) time and the latter weren't added on to it later? And then claiming that it is a miracle in the quran (The miracle about the universe expanding)?

Are the words in the quran still used in modern day spoken arabic?
Do they mean the same thing in both classical (quranic) as well as in the modern arabic.

Please help me defeat this shaytan, he comes to me with doubts and i say to it bring it on, i will find answers to it, insha Allah, and this will increase my iman, insha Allah. Islam always has an answer to everything! it is not a religion which we are not allowed to question, instead we are encouraged to question, hope iam correct, please guys do verify it before accepting.

Thank u my brothers and sisters hope you all paradise:-)
:sl:
Dear
For such doubts the best forum is "Refutation" on the same website.There many learner guys like Brother Qatada ,Woodrow etc are very active.Inshallah you will get satisfactory reply there.
Secondly if you could either post the exact arabic word or Quranic aya then someone could try to answer your question and remove your doubt.
:w:

Imam
12-11-2007, 07:57 PM

there is nothing called original meaning and new meaning,we have a several meaning to the same word, sometimes....

you gave example ,the word

Mooseoon (موسعون )

it has one clear meaning ,past and present and future

it is (we make it,them wider,bigger)

I dunno who ever argue that such meaning is not the one intended !!!

I answered according to you specific question

and waiting for whatever claim that there is word in any scientific verse .not in its place or the modern translators faked and manufactured another meaning for it....

let me guess your second word will be (alaqah)? if so I will give you more than satisfactory answer inshaAllah.

kay106
12-11-2007, 11:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Imam

there is nothing called original meaning and new meaning,we have a several meaning to the same word, sometimes....

you gave example ,the word

Mooseoon (موسعون )

it has one clear meaning ,past and present and future

it is (we make it,them wider,bigger)

I dunno who ever argue that such meaning is not the one intended !!!

I answered according to you specific question

and waiting for whatever claim that there is word in any scientific verse .not in its place or the modern translators faked and manufactured another meaning for it....

let me guess your second word will be (alaqah)? if so I will give you more than satisfactory answer inshaAllah.

Salam,
I know that 1 word have several meanings, but those several meanings, were they available during the prophets (pbuh)'s time?

In other words, did the meanings in arabic remain the same? If yes how do we know this?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Imam
12-11-2007, 11:55 PM
Salam,
I know that 1 word have several meanings, but those several meanings, were they available during the prophets (pbuh)'s time?

In other words, did the meanings in arabic remain the same? If yes how do we know this?

If the Quranic words remained the same ,the meanings necessarily remain the same.

the several meanings, were available before,during and after the prophets (pbuh)'s time...

:)

If someone ever bothers us, claiming that Arabs canceled,altered,faked meanings to specific Arabic words,so he has to bring us his proofs for such linguistic conspiracy...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.