/* */

PDA

View Full Version : More muslim before conversion...

zainab75
12-12-2007, 07:36 AM
Salam Wallekum,
It is interesting..I am a convert, but I believe I was more muslim before conversion than now.............Sigh,long story...short.

The purity of my heart and soul had been snatched by a muslim man, we married and within a year he divorced me for NO ValID REASOn. We are not yet divorced..but in practice I was more of a muslim before this happened than now.

I feel, ...as per Quran we are all muslims when we are born...which is true, but so many brothers do wrong to a point of extreme and so why bother? You can still be muslim and not make a big deal out of it?
Sighh....can anyone relate to this to?
:coolious:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
muslim1
12-13-2007, 05:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by zainab75
Salam Wallekum,
It is interesting..I am a convert, but I believe I was more muslim before conversion than now.............Sigh,long story...short.

The purity of my heart and soul had been snatched by a muslim man, we married and within a year he divorced me for NO ValID REASOn. We are not yet divorced..but in practice I was more of a muslim before this happened than now.

I feel, ...as per Quran we are all muslims when we are born...which is true, but so many brothers do wrong to a point of extreme and so why bother? You can still be muslim and not make a big deal out of it?
Sighh....can anyone relate to this to?
:coolious:
I can understand you! Being married to a muslim man and you are a revert, may make you feel bad about your Islam. But remember my sister that people are not a proof for anything. You can find bad muslim men and you can find good nonmuslim men. It's a matter of our particular marriage and not related to the whole of Islam as a religion.

Your purity of heart will lead you to the right path insha Allah. :happy:

Umar001
12-13-2007, 09:12 PM
Salam Wallekum,

Wa Alaykum Salam,

I totally understand what you mean, sometimes we are more eager to find the truth than to actually follow it, I can tell you I sometimes feel that I was more disciplined when I was seeking the truth then some of the time when I was muslim. But one has to ask why? I personally think it is because of shaytan, well that he is a major part of it. Before, no matter what good you done, since you were a non Muslim, the good would in most cases be useless, so he'd have no reason to trouble you, but now, your good is worth something, so he troubles you.

Just try not to get relaxed because you feel you have found the truth and try to combat in the areas you are lacking?

which is true, but so many brothers do wrong to a point of extreme and so why bother? You can still be muslim and not make a big deal out of it?
I understand what you mean, i think, it can be hard for some brothers, who see born muslims with a girl you know 'enjoying' life and having 'fun' and you wish you could relax and be like that but we should realise that the end outcome will be the real time of joy. Its hard but keep steadfast remembering why you are trying to. Remember that you have a connection with Allah and that He has done things for you and the brothers who do wrong are breaking their connection but you shouldnt.

I know its very hard, so try to satisfy the natural things from the halal, so if like many of us bros, u want a wife and u see othas with girls and you wish you had a partner then try and get married but be patient in the meanwhile. Or if you want money, then work hard. All in the halal way insha'Allah so you get blessing in this world and the next.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.