/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Marry a muslim? heck no!!!!

Belief_is_Power
12-13-2007, 10:16 PM
Salam alaikum brothers and sisters

As many of you know I am a muslim convert. I have a good job, good place to live and good deen. However when it comes to marriage, I dont want to marry a muslim. yes thats right!! But why you ask? Because in the Ummah their is to much racism and you have to be a rich person to get married. Let me explain.......................... before you jump on my back.

I went to this brother and asked him that I was interested in his daughter. I had just graduated from college, had and still have a good job. however this brother said NO! I asked him why and he said that I was not arab and that I did not fit the qualtfications for his daughter. you have to make $100,000 a year he said, and that I was not Egyptian.

Well I thanked him and went off on my way. I tried about 9 other brothers and the answer was the same. No no no no no!!! you are not arab, pakistani, Indian etc, and you do not make $80,000 and up.So thats it I have had enough, forget marrying a muslim!!!!!! To much racism and high expictations. I make a good living to provide for a family, but because of my race I was denied by "so called muslims". And this is the view of the majority of muslims around the world unfortunatly.

I have decided to look for a Christian or a Jew to marry. It is not forbidden for me, and the intermarriage racism that once existed in the christian/jewish majority is now almost gone. not totally, but better then 40 years ago.

Todays muslims are more worried about preseving their racial blood or nationality, then letting a good muslim marry his/her daughter. This disgusts me, but it is the truth....... please post your views and anything else that you want to share.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Talha777
12-13-2007, 10:22 PM
Wa alaikum assalaam.

I think you are right for sure, Muslims have become so materialistic and hungry for money. Wealth is the trial (fitnah) for this ummah as our Holy Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wa salaam) prophecised and it is very unfortunate we have fallen into this trap.

Holy Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wa salaam) always encourages less dowry and simple weddings, but today they are so extravagent, families especially from India have to make life savings just to get their children married. This is unfortunate situation.

NoName55
12-13-2007, 10:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Belief_is_Power

As many of you know I am a muslim convert. I have a good job, good place to live and good deen. However when it comes to marriage, I dont want to marry a muslim. yes thats right!! But why you ask? Because in the Ummah their is to much racism and you have to be a rich person to get married. Let me explain.......................... before you jump on my back.

I went to this brother and asked him that I was interested in his daughter. I had just graduated from college, had and still have a good job. however this brother said NO! I asked him why and he said that I was not arab and that I did not fit the qualtfications for his daughter. you have to make $100,000 a year he said, and that I was not Egyptian.

Well I thanked him and went off on my way. I tried about 9 other brothers and the answer was the same. No no no no no!!! you are not arab, pakistani, Indian etc, and you do not make $80,000 and up.So thats it I have had enough, forget marrying a muslim!!!!!! To much racism and high expictations. I make a good living to provide for a family, but because of my race I was denied by "so called muslims". And this is the view of the majority of muslims around the world unfortunatly.

I have decided to look for a Christian or a Jew to marry. It is not forbidden for me, and the intermarriage racism that once existed in the christian/jewish majority is now almost gone. not totally, but better then 40 years ago.

Todays muslims are more worried about preseving their racial blood or nationality, then letting a good muslim marry his/her daughter. This disgusts me, but it is the truth....... please post your views and anything else that you want to share.
I found Little Mosque on the prairie to be more accurate and positive representation of Islam and more believable than this thread/post/forum etc

highly educated Muslim, Yeah right! and I am next President of USA.

marriages work better when these take place between people of similar status, backgrounds and culture or most of them turn in to a disaster (none of us are divinely guided or all perfect beings) partners from differing backgrounds and cultures would forever be trying to change the other, instead of bliss you end up with a hellish battlefield.

muslim1
12-13-2007, 11:05 PM
Belief_is_Power
I'm really shocked by your input. I dont know how come you meet so many people and they all turn out to be so materialistic!! Yes may be some Muslims in the Gulf region may be materialistic and dont like to marry their daughters to prople from other countries than their country even if rich and Arab and of course muslims.

However, you can find the majority of muslims in other countries dont have this view. I'm really shocked and feel very very sorry for you and for the whole situation.

I agree with the guy who said in marriage, common backgrounds makes it better.

I have got a good idea, why dont u marry a muslim sister from your country? I think there are many good muslim ladies around. You just need to look around you here and there. :peace:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Belief_is_Power
12-13-2007, 11:06 PM
yes, thanks for pointing out my spelling mistakes, I will be the first one to tell you that I suck at spelling, always have, and math too. I guess without those two qualities you can't be a good muslim!!

Belief_is_Power
12-13-2007, 11:11 PM
I am American, and as you know their are more muslim male converts than sisters. My chances of finding another convert to marry are about the same as me winning $80,000,000 dollars. Same backgrounds put up barriers and make Islam look racist. I guess black people should only marry other black people, same for whites.

Al_Imaan
12-13-2007, 11:19 PM
I know it's a very common thing cuz my extended family has the same actions.....my dad is against the whole nationality thing but my mom and her family are like psycho's....they just want me to stick to "their" choice of an afghan....im not sure about the rich part....they dont seem to care about that...as long as he make a living...

AlGhrnati
12-13-2007, 11:34 PM

Salaamun Alaika Brother:peace:,

I take it you're an African American Muslim?
You're soo right! Racism is the great disease among contemporary Muslims, I think especially Arab, Pakistani and Indian. Don't give up though; being a Caucasian revert I have twice married a Muslim woman, first a Moroccan lady and the second time a Pakistani lady.
Guess how we met?... That's right over the internet on a Muslim Marriage site.:thumbs_up

anonymous
12-14-2007, 12:14 AM

salam bro,

Ok,I'll admit when I read the beggining of your post I was a bit shocked,but I kind of understand where you're coming from...your point of view comes from experiences..*sighs*,very bad experience.

Im arab myself,let me assure you NOT ALL FAMILY ARE LIKE THIS..my family wouldn't really mind if I married a turk/italian/greek/arab/egyptian/ etc. as long as their religious and that I like them.That's what it should ideally be for anyone who calls himself a muslim,but,as I believe it had been said before

we don't live in a perfect world.

You're going to have to keep on looking,any rejection you receive for an absolutly worthless reason,you need to shrug it off and move on,remember that this isn't your "naseeb" and that when you do find "her",nothing will stop you from marrying her.(Insh'allah).I do hope she's a muslim though,people have been mentioning how difficult it would be marrying someone from a different background(although I disagree with that,I believe it would be more challenging,but also more cultivating and refreshing...anyway,that's another subject)imagine someone from another religion...

Im not saying it wouldn't work out,it might work out perfectly,but then there's the issue of raising the children muslims...and so on.What im getting at is that it would be more "secure" marrying a muslim girl(who has a strong iman).

Wish you the best of luck!

:w:

Belief_is_Power
12-14-2007, 12:26 AM
thanks brothers...

YusufNoor
12-14-2007, 01:12 AM
I am American, and as you know their are more muslim male converts than sisters. My chances of finding another convert to marry are about the same as me winning $80,000,000 dollars. Same backgrounds put up barriers and make Islam look racist. I guess black people should only marry other black people, same for whites.
:sl:

actually Akhi, the numbers that i hear are that by 3 to 1 women outnumber men as reverts in the US. don't know the color margin though...

i married a Somali woman and an ENTIRE Masjid of people told her not to marry me! of course it IS a Somali Masjid, but they told my wife things like: a)Americans kill their wives, b) he's a revert so he'll leave the religion c) you won't understand each other because of cultural differences; on the bright side, one person said, "well, as long as he isn't African American, go for it!"

i'm going to go out on a limb a AGREE with you that folks have a poor view of African Americans. however, i don't fault Muslims 100% for that! the best thing that you can do is have Sabr and show yourself to be a better person.

let me ask, do you attend all 5 prayers at the Masjid? do you have a beard and non-western clothes?

Allah, Subhannahu Wa Ta'Aala is testing you. concentrate on your deen and thank Allah, Subhannahu Wa Ta'Aala for the chance to engage in the act of worship known as Sabr!

start shopping at different "Muslim" venues and attend as many lectures as you can in your area. keep an eye on the Brothers at Fajr and Esha as alot fewer hypocrites attend these prayers. meet and greet as many as you can and get to know them, for the sake of Allah, Subhannahu Wa Ta'Aala, NOT for any other reason. Allah, Subhannahu Wa Ta'Aala will take care of the rest.

ALSO, check with your Imam as he may know some sisters looking...

you DO have a few strikes against you, but take it as an honor and show Allah, Subhannahu Wa Ta'Aala that you are grateful for the chance to earn extra rank!

DO NOT marry a Christian or a Jew! there's a catch, catch 22. you really CAN'T marry one! why? because you will have to "get to know" or "hang around" non Muslims in order to get the chance! that is NOT good for your deen!

May Allah, Subhannahu Wa Ta'Aala make it easy on you and may He assist you!

Malaikah
12-14-2007, 01:31 AM

Bro, don't give up! There are lots of good Muslim families out there- you just have to look hard.

Even with marriage to Christian/Jewish women, don't think it will be easy because their religion doesn't even let them marry Muslims!

And think about the kids- I've heard of many horrible cases were the marriage ends up in divorce and the kids are raised by the mum as non-Muslim.

Just keep looking, have faith in Allah. Even born Muslims have a hard time finding spouses! I know a female who has been looking years.

I pray Allah allows you to find a good Muslim wife with an accepting family soon, ameen.

syilla
12-14-2007, 01:35 AM
:salamext:

you're right some of them are only thinking about worldly things...

But are you sure you are choosing the right muslimah. Seems to me you are approaching only the rich and beautiful muslimah :X.

Try to find someone who is more humble and has the best akhlaaq, InshaAllah....

In Malaysia, most malays don't want the children marry the western people because of their temper and swearing. The malays are not used to that..... Anyhow, there are still alot of malays getting married to the western...and i even found blogs about their live...MashAllah.

May all the muslims marriage are blessed in every way.

ayesha309
12-14-2007, 01:53 AM
Bro Belief_is_Power i think YusufNoor makes some very good points. I think it is best if you find yourself a good Muslimah and don't worry she exists; you just have to find her! but don't give up. and well follow bro YusufNoor's advice. they seem to sound really good. there are some muslims who care more about money and nationality than religion, but not all are like that. so don't give up. please.
Assalaam u alaikum

Abdul-Raouf
12-14-2007, 02:06 AM
I have read that there are 3 things to be noticed upon... and its better if followed..

1.Its good to choose a bride less in status than the bridgroom(economically)
2.Its good to choose a bride who is strong in her faith.. and a good practising muslim.
3.Its good to choose a bride who is beautiful and quite less in height than the bridegroom.

Sorry i dont have the source in web...
I read it in an Tamil islamic book.

So bro ..try accordingly..Insha'allah you will get it.

Belief_is_Power
12-14-2007, 03:10 AM
all these post are great!!!! I will just have to pray and be a little more patient. But how can one wait when their are so many fish in the sea,(Christian/jewish world). However all is not lost. If Islam is true and Allah is our creator then all I need is a little praying. salam.

ayesha309
12-14-2007, 03:51 AM
thats the motivation brother......all you need is a little praying!

NoName55
12-14-2007, 04:16 AM
all these post are great!!!! I will just have to pray and be a little more patient. But how can one wait when their are so many fish in the sea,(Christian/jewish world). However all is not lost. If Islam is true and Allah is our creator then all I need is a little praying. salam.
had I regarded women as "fish", who were there to be caught I would be all alone too, instead of having a family numbering around 12+.

until you look for an equal and like minded person, there is not going to be much success.
If Islam is true and Allah is our creator then all I need is a little praying. salam.
if? nauzobillah! therein lies the rub! uncertainty about one's faith is the the obstacle to one's confidence and many if not all fathers will see it.

Intisar
12-14-2007, 04:59 AM
:w: Yeah my parent's are the same, but not with different races but with my own race. My mother would actually prefer I marry out of my race as weird as it sounds. Regarding your situation, pray salatul istakhara and ask that Allah grant you a pious wife.

crayon
12-14-2007, 10:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul-Raouf
I have read that there are 3 things to be noticed upon... and its better if followed..

1.Its good to choose a bride less in status than the bridgroom(economically)
2.Its good to choose a bride who is strong in her faith.. and a good practising muslim.
3.Its good to choose a bride who is beautiful and quite less in height than the bridegroom.

Sorry i dont have the source in web...
I read it in an Tamil islamic book.

So bro ..try accordingly..Insha'allah you will get it.

It's better to choose a bride shorter than you? How come?

As for your situation belief, I agree, it drives me crazy when parents are like this. My parents not only want me to marry a man from my same country, but from my same city. I understand their opinion and where they're coming from, that there will be less culture clash, but still. As long as his deen and manners are good, he's great in my eyes. Unfortunately, my parents disagree. In fact, I'd love to marry a convert, merely because they are muslims for the right reasons. Not to say that born muslims are not (i'm born muslim myself), it's just that I find it easier for born muslims to be less into their deen, and more influenced by their cultures and traditions, so that it takes precedence over their religion, than reverts.

sadia faisal
12-14-2007, 10:37 AM
Great advice evryone...
Don't worry, you will find a good Muslim wife, just have faith in Alllah that it will happen when it was meant to happen (i'm not saying u dont try, lol)

I am in the same situation as you but on the other side of the spectrum. I want to marry this great Muslim (i was gna say brother eww! lol) Great deen and Iman, has helped me many times and has helped me to become a better Muslim too. The only problem is that...he is a bengali and i am a pakistani.

This is not a problem in our eyes, but my vain and prideful brothers eyes. He has completely abandoned the Shariah and is "taking his own approach" ...the pakistani approach obviously... But no matter what happens i am NEVER giving up!! This is just too great a thing to let go of...and over what...what people might say or think!! For someones haram pride!!

Sorry, i'lll stop here, lol, i was going to start my own thread on this situation... dont get time though.

So...don't worry bro u will find the right person Insha-Allah...

AhlaamBella
12-14-2007, 10:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Salam4life
Great advice evryone...
Don't worry, you will find a good Muslim wife, just have faith in Alllah that it will happen when it was meant to happen (i'm not saying u dont try, lol)

I am in the same situation as you but on the other side of the spectrum. I want to marry this great Muslim (i was gna say brother eww! lol) Great deen and Iman, has helped me many times and has helped me to become a better Muslim too. The only problem is that...he is a bengali and i am a pakistani.

This is not a problem in our eyes, but my vain and prideful brothers eyes. He has completely abandoned the Shariah and is "taking his own approach" ...the pakistani approach obviously... But no matter what happens i am NEVER giving up!! This is just too great a thing to let go of...and over what...what people might say or think!! For someones haram pride!!

Sorry, i'lll stop here, lol, i was going to start my own thread on this situation... dont get time though.

So...don't worry bro u will find the right person Insha-Allah...

Sis relax :). InshAllah your bro will realise he is in the wrong........ InshAllah. But as I've said before. Talk. To. Your. Dad. Your bro shouldn't be the one running the household :)

sadia faisal
12-14-2007, 10:44 AM
He will not realise it, trust me, do u think we havent tried...

And its not that simple telling my dad anymore, my brother has threatened to kill him and me if we take such a step (he myt take this to the poilce, cos it is becoming more serious...) And i dont know how my dad wud react, he may kill me himself. So we have to take things slightly slowly...

Qurratul Ayn
12-14-2007, 10:50 AM

Todays muslims are more worried about preseving their racial blood or nationality, then letting a good muslim marry his/her daughter.

Unfortunately, that is so true, but it does not occur to all Muslims as my cousin she married a Black Revert Muslim and I was so pleased for her!!! But her Father wasn't but his daughter is happy and he is finally accepting it.

Many Muslims choose reputation over religion and the "disgust" that marriage outside of culture may occur. This gets me so angry!!! :enough!::raging:

I say you should keep looking but if you can't find any Parent or Brother who would let you marry their daughter then marry a Christian or Jew as it is allowed for Muslim men. However, why not look for a revert Muslim Sister? They may be likely to accept your proposal.

Just make Du'a and Insha'Allaah Ta'ala, everything will be alright.

Qurratul Ayn
12-14-2007, 11:01 AM
If Islam is true and Allah is our creator then all I need is a little praying. salam.
format_quote Originally Posted by NoName55
if? nazobillah! therein lies the rub! uncertainty about one's faith is the the obstacle to one's confidence and many if not all fathers will see it.

It's true what Brother NoName55 has written, Brother Belief_is_Power, DO NOT DOUBT ISLAM IS TRUE AND ALLAAH TA'ALA IS THE CREATOR BELIEVE IT as you did revert to Islam on the basis of this belief and the Shahadah (read my signature)

& always pray on time and make Du'a to The Almighty.

IbnAbdulHakim
12-14-2007, 01:00 PM
if you dont marry a muslimah you'll be losing out on something amazing, so have patience and keep looking.

Assalamu Alaikum

------
12-14-2007, 01:08 PM

So you would rather marry someone who will not be with you in the Hereafter if (Inshaa Allaah) you go to Jannah? :-\

genki
12-14-2007, 01:11 PM
Pride, arrogance, superiority complex, selfishness, ignorance exist within all cultures boundaries and religions brother

I gaurantee you if you go to for example Saudi Arabia you will meet many families that will outright reject you based on the color of your skin and that your an American or other stupid reasons. These will be the same muslim families youll see at the mosque
But amongst them youll find shining beacons of Islam that would open their arms and their hearts to you so long as your iman and your deen is high. I have had the pleasure of knowing such people and usually youll find they are truly pious men with fear of allah stamped in their hearts and the message of the prophet carried within them. To them faith iman deen is all that matters.

Be patient brother and you will inshallah find the right one. And really try and avoid Christian or jewish wife, youd like to have a new life with hope and happiness and someone who can support and push you in your faith not someone whom youll have strife and hardships and may tempt you into other things.

crayon
12-14-2007, 01:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muj4h1d4

So you would rather marry someone who will not be with you in the Hereafter if (Inshaa Allaah) you go to Jannah? :-\
I've never thought of it that way, actually.
And it makes a LOT of sense.

------
12-14-2007, 01:21 PM

^^^ Lol once a while the brain works :D

Belief_is_Power
12-14-2007, 05:23 PM
I have no doubts about Islam or Allah being our creator, let me assure all of you. I guess I was to quick to rule out marriage to a muslim. I will rethink my choice, thanks to all your posts. I am still young and I do want my future wife to be with me in Jannah.

UmmSqueakster
12-14-2007, 06:01 PM
There are plenty of single american sisters out there, especially in the african american community. In fact, the recent rumblings in the muslim blogosphere is about how african american brothers are going over to morocco to marry, leaving all the sisters with no one.

Also, have you looked on any marriage sites? I know there are usually more brothers on there than sisters, but many of the brothers are oversees, and many american sisters won't marry anyone if it means sponsoring them for a green card. So, you would look a lot more appealing than a lot of the guys on there.

------
12-14-2007, 06:27 PM

I am still young and I do want my future wife to be with me in Jannah.
Then she has to be a Muslim.

tigersabre
12-14-2007, 06:34 PM

Yup, Muslims are racist. Well, mostly immigrant parents. I'm desi, I married a caucasion revert - you probably want to check out a matrimonial site which will have many different varieties of sisters from North America who will be more amenable to marrying someone North American.

But, hey, if you want to go with a Christian or Jew, just remember the requirement - must be chaste ;)

00:00
12-14-2007, 06:53 PM
I tried about 9 other brothers and the answer was the same. No no no no no!!! you are not arab, pakistani, Indian etc, and you do not make $80,000 and up.So thats it I have had enough, forget marrying a muslim!!!!!! To much racism and high expictations. I make a good living to provide for a family, but because of my race I was denied by "so called muslims". And this is the view of the majority of muslims around the world unfortunatly.
yo thats messed up man, sorry to had to go through that bro it's one of the reason y Muslims in this mess we in, keep lookin though man. Inshallah.

how can you come to this conclusion after only going to 9 people, saying that this is the opinion of majority of muslims aint right, not all muslims will agree with this. It's only the ignorant ones who have little or no knowledge of islam.

Belief_is_Power
12-14-2007, 08:34 PM
Inshallah everything will work out.....

------
12-14-2007, 08:48 PM

Inshaa Allaah.... Ameen!

Bittersteel
12-15-2007, 06:30 PM

can't blame you.you are the not the only one though there are both Muslim men and women marrying NMs due to such reasons.

Skillganon
12-19-2007, 03:00 AM

Salaam.

Yes you get those, but to be honest you really don't wan't such a father in law. You know what, if I was in your position and I approached the same people I would probably get the same response 99%, and I am born into a muslim family (not an arab).

Usually their is a big educational (islamic) and/or religiousity gap between older generation and the newer, especially those that are immigrants as ooposed to those who are brought up here.
I know this may not be always the reason they are like that but usually I find people who are more educated in Islam and are religious does not posses such issues.
You don' really have to be a revert to face those problem, usually those who are born in muslim family sometime face these problems.
We just been more attuned to it and have good eye for how and where to approach for marriages.
It may take time to find someone, but saying I don't wan't to marry a muslim does not help. Inshallah you woul find someone.

Edited: (Addition in red)

morate
12-28-2007, 07:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Malaikah

I pray Allah allows you to find a good Muslim wife with an accepting family soon, ameen.
Insh'Allah, I pray for you too. Don't limit yourself, I would say. When I met my husband, a black African muslim, I was none of those things. Now, I have accepted Islam, I hold Africa in my heart and as for the color thing, well, He made us many nations and hues and gave us many tongues, that we may each find the right path.

Mansa musa
01-03-2008, 12:02 AM
Salaamu Alaikem

i've been a muslim for about 1 year now and i need some advice on something. There's this girl i know. She's a kaffir but she is chaste. She's also perfect in every possible way. Looks,personality. and she had/has a crush on me. She wasn't ghetto(i live in a bad neighborhood) like for instance i go to an alternative school it's only a couple hundred people that go there and the question was asked if they had a friend that died. she was one of the ones that didn't raise her hands. she wasn't stuck up she always seemed to be in a good mood she was funny she was smart and she also happened to be the most attractive girl i've seen in my entire life. so she stopped going to school all of a sudden. i know that dating is haram but that hasn't really soured the deal for me.

Mikayeel
01-03-2008, 12:11 AM
thats what you get when muslims mix culture and their islamic views and call it ISLAM, i am ashamed:(

NoName55
01-03-2008, 12:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mansa musa
Salaamu Alaikem

i've been a muslim for about 1 year now and i need some advice on something. There's this girl i know. She's a kaffir but she is chaste. She's also perfect in every possible way. Looks,personality. and she had/has a crush on me. She wasn't ghetto(i live in a bad neighborhood) like for instance i go to an alternative school it's only a couple hundred people that go there and the question was asked if they had a friend that died. she was one of the ones that didn't raise her hands. she wasn't stuck up she always seemed to be in a good mood she was funny she was smart and she also happened to be the most attractive girl i've seen in my entire life. so she stopped going to school all of a sudden. i know that dating is haram but that hasn't really soured the deal for me.
Only chaste women from among the people of the Book are permissible, A kafirah will need to become a believer in order to become halal for a Muslim (which is difficult if not impossible) I, however have seen "Muslims" marry women from kuffaar with a quick name change (but no change in practices)

Jayda
01-03-2008, 12:14 AM

hola,

forbidding marriage with muslims and other non believers is not racism... aside from the not insignificant fact that muslims are not a race, our religions forbid marriage with non believers if we are concerned that it would endanger our religious development, our childrens' or if there is the prospect another religion would prevent our children or grandchildren from having a christian upbringing.

our relationship with the Lord comes before all other human relationships. you might consider our beliefs inferior, but demanding that not marrying you is racist is totally unwarranted. not that it matters to God or myself whether you consider putting God first in our lives racist.

in fairness, i think many muslim men are on the whole morally superior to christian men. i am impressed by some of the things muslims have said here, and those i know in real life. they seem to truly value 1. a personal and submissive relationship with God (like David or Joshua had), 2. living a just life and 3. seeking women who are chaste (which means they obey God) and pious (which shows that they love and fear God)...

many of the Christians men i know are not like this... they have fallen into the secular trap of worshipping secular love... desiring physical attractiveness and putting the women they are interested in on a pedestal, above God.

for me the most important thing in a husband is that they provide a reason for you to respect them... and i have a very strict criteria for that. men that belong to God, are strong in their devotion to God and build families around devotion to God are men that i respect. secular men want to put the girl before everything, good Catholics respect men who put God first...

those are the kinds of men that lead righteous lives and build righteous families with righteous women. that is what is important...

que Dios te bendiga

Jayda
01-03-2008, 12:17 AM
Salaamu Alaikem

Mansa Musa... the famous Mali emperor... a very fascinating person, i am really shocked that somebody else knows who he is...

Mansa musa
01-03-2008, 12:17 AM
Only chaste women from among the people of the Book are permissible, A kafirah will need to become a believer in order to become halal for a Muslim (which is difficult if not impossible) I, however have seen "Muslims" marry women from kuffaar with a quick name change (but no change in practices)
what do you mean by "quick name change"

NoName55
01-03-2008, 12:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jayda
Mansa Musa... the famous Mali emperor... a very fascinating person, i am really shocked that somebody else knows who he is...
format_quote Originally Posted by Jayda
hola,

forbidding marriage with muslims and other non believers is not racism... aside from the not insignificant fact that muslims are not a race, our religions forbid marriage with non believers if we are concerned that it would endanger our religious development, our childrens' or if there is the prospect another religion would prevent our children or grandchildren from having a christian upbringing.

our relationship with the Lord comes before all other human relationships. you might consider our beliefs inferior, but demanding that not marrying you is racist is totally unwarranted.

que Dios te bendiga
piles on insult after insult then she asks do I still dislike her

NoName55
01-03-2008, 12:19 AM
what do you mean by "quick name change"
conversion of convenience

Mansa musa
01-03-2008, 12:22 AM
Why would a muslim marry a woman that's committed zina before anyway?

NoName55
01-03-2008, 12:28 AM
Why would a Muslim marry a woman that's committed zina before anyway?
Did I give you the impression of being All-knowing? (I do not know)

in any case having a Muslim name or ancestry does not make a Muslim. Name changes and quick conversions are more to do with cultural taboos and a face saving exercise

wa salam

Jayda
01-03-2008, 12:32 AM
then she asks do I still dislike her
hola NoName55

i do not change the commandments of God so that you will like me. (but i would prefer it if you liked me). the first and only opinion that matters to me is my Lord's. i love my family very much... but not even my children come before my God... ever... i would prefer to be considered a racist, homophobe, kaffir and any number of bad things and be hated by all humanity than to lose my relationship with God or displease Him in any way.

and there is nothing you, nor anyone on this forum, not anyone in the world, nor angels, nor demons, nor any power can say to change that. respect me for it or hate me for it if you so desire... this is about God, not some vendetta against other people.

que Dios te bendiga

Jayda
01-03-2008, 12:49 AM
Salaamu Alaikem

hola,

no offense... but that sounds like lust. men were created by God to worship Him and glorify Him... not to pursue pretty girls. women, were created for men to aid men in this task and to glorify God in their way... you should look for a girl who will help you do this, not a wilting flower.

que Dios te bendiga

Mansa musa
01-03-2008, 02:07 AM
i've stated before that it's not lust. If her personality was off then i really wouldn't even be thinking about her

Mansa musa
01-03-2008, 05:23 AM
oh wait i understand what you mean. i could always get her to convert though.

sudais1
01-29-2008, 01:44 AM
my extended family don't care as long as he is muslim. My cousin married an idonesian and my other one a lebense. were somali lol. if someone is muslim and from peru he is better than a non-muslim from any arab country and the whole world. Some people are very picky and thats very annoying. May Allah give you something you never had ever thought of. the best wife inshaAllah

'Abd-al Latif
01-29-2008, 09:31 AM

asalamu 'alykum warahmatulaahi wabarakatuh

I take it you're from america? I've heard about the ridiculously high dowry demand in the US and its interisting because I was having a recent discussing about this with some brothers. They were saying how one brother in the US had to get two jobs just to get enough dowry to get married, somewhere around the figure of $50,000! its absolutly ridiculous if you ask me. Such people seem to have love for the dunya instead of making it easy for their children to complete half their deen.

But bro inter-racial marriages have been a long term problem. As much as I would like to get married to a sister outside my community its easier said then done, the parents usually panic and frown upon it for cultural reasons. But my advice would be to take the good from all of this, insh'Allah there is a special muslimah waiting for you and all of those who turned you down might have been better for you because Allah says in the qur'an that you may like something which is bad for you, and you may dislike something which is good for you. Allah is just to His slaves, and this long wait would make you appriceate your future wife even more knowing what you went through before you found your other half. Before you approach a sister remember to pray istikhaara and seek Allahs guidence. After every hardship there is ease, and make lots of du'a for Allah to keep you steadfast while you are single and to bless you with a pious muslimah that will help you make it to jannah insh'Allah.

And there is no ease except what Allah makes easy.

AvarAllahNoor
01-29-2008, 11:46 AM

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh (The Pure Ones belong to God, Victory belongs to God)

Bro, this is sad, it really is. I don't think it's just a Muslim thing, many white Sikh converts in the USA, and they too experience such bigotry and racism (which it is quite frankly!) The thing is, these converts are MORE Sikh than those that are born into it, they pray, they abide by the Khalsa code of conduct. But still they are frowned upon!! ^o) I think it's down to insecurities by those that deem them 'outsiders' because they are nowhere as close to the Almighty Allah as they can be (certainly not if they harbour such views)

I heard once, that at Hajj, (where one should attend without any malice, any hatred for others, in a Khalas state (Pure) in mind and thought) and somebody said that the Arabian Muslims were looking at the white converts in disgust, like 'what are they doing here' kind of thing, and they didn't pay any attention to it and resumed what they were doing. This is the humilty that they show, for Allah belongs to all, and not just those that are born into that religion.

My point is, Allah is happy with you, and as you're following him, he has your affairs in his hands now. Keep that chin up, and it'll all fall into place bro. :thankyou:

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh (The Pure Ones belong to God, Victory belongs to God)

kitten
01-29-2008, 11:59 AM
You're leaVing out a billion Muslims, based on the materialistic beliefs of what 9 Muslim men you've met?

I'd advise you to ge out more and meet other potential Muslims before making such a sweeping generalization and creating such a task for your future.

I hope you know how difficult it would be to married to a Jewish or Christian woman.Whilst it is allowed. I really hope you know the amount of work you'll have to put in to ensure your children's understanding of Islam is substantive.

Given that you're a revert. I think it is best if you marry someone is who's pious and more stronger in deen then yourself,and who will help you and guide you on your new found faith.

makes sense? no?

Halast7
01-31-2008, 03:49 PM
Assalamu Alaikum brother,

I am sorry to hear about your bad experience when dealing with muslim families. While it is true that many families have this descrimnatory attitude, there are still families who are quite open to the idea of interracial marriages.

Whilst I do not necessarily agree with it, I urge you brother to try and understand where they are coming from. Parents always want the best for their children and in particular their daughters. They want to make sure they place them in safe hands and that they do not need to worry about their future

Maintaining a successful marriage is hard enough between people who belong to the same culture and are from the same country. This does in no way mean that you can not make a inter-culural succeed. It really depends on the parties involved.

Now I think the underlying reason for why arabs for example refuse to give their daughters in marriage to new converts may not because they are racists but because they think arab husbands are a safer option. My mother did object to me marrying new converts because she thought they are new to the faith, and that a few years down the line they may leave Islam. What will happen then, especially if children are involved?

Also, the muslim man being the leader of the family should have the necessary islamic knowledge to lead. When the wife is the only source of knowledge, that would definitely create issues. Sometimes the new convert simply reverts to his old life, where does that leave his muslim wife and children?

There is also the issue of language barrier. A marriage does not only concern the couple, it is meant to bring the two families together, so this is something else to consider.

I am not at all objecting to this type of marriage, I am only being realistic and certainly it is not all black and white.

Wassalam

ummsara1108
01-31-2008, 06:07 PM
I found Little Mosque on the prairie to be more accurate and positive representation of Islam and more believable than this thread/post/forum etc

highly educated Muslim, Yeah right! and I am next President of USA.

marriages work better when these take place between people of similar status, backgrounds and culture or most of them turn in to a disaster (none of us are divinely guided or all perfect beings) partners from differing backgrounds and cultures would forever be trying to change the other, instead of bliss you end up with a hellish battlefield.

I'm not a muslim but my husband is, and we have been happily married almost 13 yrs, we have two beautiful children together, A nice home, good educations. We also have our disagreements, financial stress, and everyday problems, but to blame that on different backrounds/culture I have to disagree, because these things happen to everyone at some time or another..

The_Prince
01-31-2008, 06:20 PM
go and try a muslim wife outside the USA....there are tons of Muslim women in the mid-east who are eagerly awaiting for a husband.

Intisar
01-31-2008, 06:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by The_Prince
go and try a muslim wife outside the USA....there are tons of Muslim women in the mid-east who are eagerly awaiting for a husband.
Some brothers are afraid that sisters from abroad have hidden motives (ie. They're only marrying for a passport), but khayr inshaa Allaah. Just make du'a.

truemuslim
01-31-2008, 06:29 PM
^ yep...alot of the arabians want people to marry there daughter if they arabian then they want tons of cash like they sellin them lol and some people think the dude want the girl cuz the citizenship..

p.s. what about american converts?

taybe smiler
02-05-2008, 05:05 PM
are u a jew or a muslim ? lol

muslims dont marry with jew :D

you must read about islam .... I am sure that after you read the rules if you a good person you will change your opinion

"Allah will not change a group of people until they change themselves"

FatimaAsSideqah
02-05-2008, 06:59 PM
As Salaam Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu

Always to remember that Allah Ta'ala always there for you if you need any help.

"If Allah helps you none can overcome you, and if He forsakes you, who is there, after Him, that can help you. And in Allah (alone) let believers put their trust." (Qur'an, 3:160)

"And whosoever fears Allah and keeps his duty to Him. He will make a way for him to get out (from) every (difficulty), and He will provide him from (sources) he could never imagine." (Qur'an, 65:2-3)

Keep to praying and remember of Allah. Then, Insha'Allah, He will help you to sorting out to solve the problems.

Allah Hafiz
Sister Fatima

true believer
02-19-2008, 06:12 PM
salam brother
i understand how u feel
dat SOME muslims are VERY sucked in dis world
and a very picky about wat kind of man they would want
for their daughter. but u ahve to understand that u
ahvent met every muslim in da world, so u have dont have right to
judge ALL muslims and paint everyone with da same brush. dat is wrong.
only Allah is da judge and if someone done u wrong, den u should forgive them
and let Allah deal with them instead of becoming bitter toward all muslims.
how can u say all muslims are rasict, if u dont want to marry a muslim,
then dat is up to u but dont insult other muslims. btw it is haram
marrying a non-muslim.

Andaraawus
03-02-2008, 10:32 PM
Salamun Alaykum bro

I had the same problem. However, it got solved.
Bro you need to travel if you want to marry a Muslim lady. I would suggest looking for a lady that is from Indonesia, a divorced lady, widowed, grew up a orphan.

Parents are a problem at times. They tend to only look for doctors and dentists for their daughters. Thats for sure. Even if you became the imam of masjid al aqsa the people you have been dealing with wouldnt accept you.

Forget them bro. You have been protected from anything superficial. I would advise marrying a Christian or a Jew as i know a brother that was married to one for years and she has only recently converted.

Watch out for the danger of hating the Prophets saws ummah though. That was a illness that crept into my heart. I still wanted to be Muslim but i ended up hating the Muslims, and i still do now to an extent. Its a problem i am trying to deal with. I do not say Salam to them anymore man, jut ignore them and go about my business. And i know thats wrong.

I even have Muslims that have trashed me on this forum man. But there arte many beautiful people here too. Look for the beauty in the ugliness and you will find it.

I wouldnt advice attempting to look for a Pakistani or Indian Muslimah, too many problems there with the culture that will hurt you. They are too stuck up and gems amongst them are very rare BUT DO EXSIST.

I would try Malaysia, Indoneisa, and Somali and even Bangledesh communities.
insha'Allah wish you well
may Allah help you where the Muslims couldnt give a brass monkey about you... trust me i have been there ... You do not need the Muslims .... the reason why we converted to Islam was to worship Allah. Do not worry about makluwq . One important thing though. Learn aqeedah, because you would be supprised how much this will help you in finding a wife. trust me

Ahmed.
04-19-2008, 02:45 PM
Assalamualikum brother Belief_is_power,

Like many others have done, I too would advice you to keep on looking [and praying] and inshAllah Allah would match you up with a nice Muslimah soon.

Marrying a jew or a Christian in a non-Muslim country comes with big risks these days brother, for what if they decide to turn the kids into kaafirs?

But ofcourse, if Muslimahs are not available, then you can marry a jew or christian if you want.

In Islam, it is encouraged to find compatiable spouses for one's children, thus the insistence of some muslims to marry their sons/daughters into their own nationalites and cultures are for reasons of compatiability and not racism, but Muslims are also encouraged to help converts as well so keep looking brother and inshAllah you will find that Muslimah soon.

Salaam :)

Karina
04-19-2008, 03:06 PM
If I marry a man who is poor or rich, short or tall, Jewish or Hindu or Muslim or Sikh or Christian or Aboriginal or Native American.....

Wow, I feel so so lucky that my family, friends and community would be happy for me!

Not wrapped up in financial issues or the perils of inter-racial marriage.

And long may my unpredjudiced marriage last.

Cinderella
04-19-2008, 03:11 PM
Belief is Power,

I sincerely do feel for you as a convert. I have witnessed the racism faced by converts from born Muslims, who should be setting a good example for new Muslims. I have witnessed on numerous counts what happens to converts when they approach Muslim families. I personally would advise you to marry another convert. Inshallah Allah will bless the both of you in paradise and on earth with wonder, islamic and pious children. As a Somali, my people have pushed away white converts wanting to marrying our girls because of the converts skin colour, financial stability and not having a tribe. For some Africans, tribes are important. Without sounding too racist myself, I personally would never marry outside my race only because I wouldn't feel comfortable in living with that person. Matter of fact, I don't think I could fall in love with someone who is not a Somali. Having said that, I have seen Somali women married to converts, manshallah they are happy and have beautiful, religious children and most of all there is love between the husband and wife.

Brother, you don't need to look outside the religion to find a wife. Open your eyes, be patient, make dua and inshallah Allah will grant you a beautiful Muslimah.

islamirama
04-24-2008, 02:05 AM
Check with your local imaam, they would be able to tell you who is open minded and who is not and also suggest some suitable person in the community. I"ve seen plenty of interracial marriages i my community. It helps when community is educated and also having a well diverse community.

Andaraawus
04-25-2008, 02:50 PM
Whats the deal in the Pakistani community with this idea of a gori trophy?

Why not a gora trophy for the women of their family?

islamirama
04-25-2008, 02:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Andaraawus
Whats the deal in the Pakistani community with this idea of a gori trophy?

Why not a gora trophy for the women of their family?
desi in uk are mostly culuturally based folks. Then again most cultural men and women of east, desi or arab, chase after white color. It' can't be a gora trophy cuz then that would become a paki trophy if a gora takes her.

Andaraawus
04-30-2008, 08:56 AM
It' can't be a gora trophy cuz then that would become a paki trophy if a gora takes her.
Thats true. Thanks for pointing that out!

Salamun Alaykum

Muslim Woman
04-30-2008, 09:13 AM

I went to this brother ....brother said NO! .

bro , as you have a right to give proposal , other party has the same right , too. They can say No & this must not be taken personally ...I mean ...one must not get angry.

A woman may face problem in her married life . At that time , support is needed from her parents/ relatives/ friends.

If her husband is from another country , chances are high that in future they will move to his country & there she will face several problems in a new atmosphere & will feel helpless as she does not have any friend / relative there.

So , it's quite natural that parents may object to arrange marriage for their daugther with a person with different nationality/ culture. May be , it's not racism but a pre-caution for daughter's secured life :)

Andaraawus
04-30-2008, 08:05 PM
Emphasis on Aqidah again, believe it or not, it is the solution to this problem.

truemuslim
04-30-2008, 10:56 PM
um...sorry to be the thread killer...
i still gotta clean record

until now

but um....cough....cough...*stalling*...ahem...cough.. .soooo....where cough...where is belief at? cough belief is power...the convert...cough

okey am out. :)
Wassalaam

p.s. NO NEG REPS PLZ!

syed saboor
05-01-2008, 01:38 PM
I am glad this thread was brought up. Yes, there is much racism in the ummah, and Arabs seem to excel in that regard, due to their superiority complex they have over everybody--Indians, Pakistanis, Iranians, Benglis, Blacks, etc..

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.