View Full Version : Quranic Verbs --- 1

asadxyz
12-14-2007, 08:43 AM
:sl:
عبد - يعبد باب (نصر)
عبادة (المصدر)

يعبد

ya3budu = He worships
قَالُواْ يَا صَالِحُ قَدْ كُنتَ فِينَا مَرْجُوًّا قَبْلَ هَـذَا أَتَنْهَانَا أَن نَّعْبُدَ مَا يَعْبُدُ آبَاؤُنَا وَإِنَّنَا لَفِي شَكٍّ مِّمَّا تَدْعُونَا إِلَيْهِ مُرِيبٍ﴿11:62﴾
(11:62) They said: 'O Salih! Until now you were one of those among us on whom we placed great hopes. *70 Now, would you forbid us to worship what our forefathers were wont to worship? *71 Indeed we are in disquieting doubt about what you are calling us to

تعبد
ta3budu = you worship
إِذْ قَالَ لِأَبِيهِ يَا أَبَتِ لِمَ تَعْبُدُ مَا لَا يَسْمَعُ وَلَا يُبْصِرُ وَلَا يُغْنِي عَنكَ شَيْئًا﴿19:42﴾
(19:42) (Remind them of the time,) when he said to his father, "Dear father! why do you worship those things, which do not hear nor see nor avail you anything?

أعبد
2a3budu=I worship
لَا أَعْبُدُ مَا تَعْبُدُونَ﴿109:2﴾
(109:2) I do not worship those whom you worship,

نعبد
na3budu = we worship
إِيَّاكَ نَعْبُدُ وإِيَّاكَ نَسْتَعِينُ ﴿1:5﴾
(1:5) You alone do we worship *6, and You alone do we turn for help

ًَأُعبد 2u3bud = Worship (imperative)
وَاعْبُدْ رَبَّكَ حَتَّى يَأْتِيَكَ الْيَقِينُ﴿15:99﴾
(15:99) and serve your Lord till that last hour which is sure to come.

ليعبد Liya3bud = He should worship

لا تعبد
laa ta3bud = (Don’t worship)
يَا أَبَتِ لَا تَعْبُدِ الشَّيْطَانَ إِنَّ الشَّيْطَانَ كَانَ لِلرَّحْمَنِ عَصِيًّا﴿19:44﴾
(19:44) Dear father! do not serve Satan, *27 for Satan is disobedient to the Merciful.

لا تعبدوا
laa ta3budoo = Do not worship you all
مَا تَعْبُدُونَ مِن دُونِهِ إِلاَّ أَسْمَاء سَمَّيْتُمُوهَا أَنتُمْ وَآبَآؤُكُم مَّا أَنزَلَ اللّهُ بِهَا مِن سُلْطَانٍ إِنِ الْحُكْمُ إِلاَّ لِلّهِ أَمَرَ أَلاَّ تَعْبُدُواْ إِلاَّ إِيَّاهُ ذَلِكَ الدِّينُ الْقَيِّمُ وَلَـكِنَّ أَكْثَرَ النَّاسِ لاَ يَعْلَمُونَ﴿12:40﴾
(12:40) The gods you worship other than Him are nothing more than mere names you and your forefathers have invented, for Allah has sent down no authority for them. Sovereignty belongs to none but Allah. He has commanded that you shall not worship anyone but Him. This is the right and straight Way, but most people do not know this.

عابد
3aabidun =One who worships
وَلَا أَنَا عَابِدٌ مَّا عَبَدتُّمْ﴿109:4﴾
(109:4) nor am I a worshipper of those whom you have worshipped,

(plural is عابدون “3aabidoon” as in the aya :
وَلَا أَنتُمْ عَابِدُونَ مَا أَعْبُدُ﴿109:5﴾
(109:5) nor are you worshippers of Him Whom I worship

عَبْدٌ
3abdun = slave
سُبْحَانَ الَّذِي أَسْرَى بِعَبْدِهِ لَيْلاً مِّنَ الْمَسْجِدِ الْحَرَامِ إِلَى الْمَسْجِدِ الأَقْصَى الَّذِي بَارَكْنَا حَوْلَهُ لِنُرِيَهُ مِنْ آيَاتِنَا إِنَّهُ هُوَ السَّمِيعُ البَصِيرُ﴿17:1﴾
(17:1) Glory be to Him, Who transported His Servant one night from the Masjid-i-Haram to the distant Temple, whose surroundings We have blessed, so that we might show him some of Our Sings: *1 the fact is that He alone is All-Hearing and All-Seeing

- (جمع) عبيد,عباد
- (3ibaadun , 3abeedun)
وَإِذَا سَأَلَكَ عِبَادِي عَنِّي فَإِنِّي قَرِيبٌ أُجِيبُ دَعْوَةَ الدَّاعِ إِذَا دَعَانِ فَلْيَسْتَجِيبُواْ لِي وَلْيُؤْمِنُواْ بِي لَعَلَّهُمْ يَرْشُدُونَ﴿2:186﴾
(2:186) And if My servants ask you, O Prophet. concerning Me, tell them that I am quite near to them. I hear and answer the prayer of the suppliant, when he calls to Me. So let them respond to My call and believe in Me. *188 Convey this to them, O Prophet; perhaps they may be guided aright
:w:
-

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.