/* */

PDA

View Full Version : isotonic drink

syilla
12-17-2007, 05:19 AM
:salamext:

Is there any bad effect on health from drinking isotonic drink daily? :X

Other than drinking too much salt. :mmokay:

Is there any effect on pregnant lady? (no...no...i'm not pregnant...just being careful....:phew)

wassallam

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
genki
12-17-2007, 05:26 AM
Are you talking about those sports drinks like gatorade powerade etc?

Woodrow
12-17-2007, 05:37 AM
For a normal healthy person they are safe and can be drunk in moderation. They can be of benefit after exercise or other physical activity.

I have not been able to find any warnings about them, but I suspect they would be dangerous to a person suffering from Edema or congestive heart failure.

I personally doubt they would have little benefit for a person living a sedate or low activity life style.

Like all things, use in moderation and remember plain water is usually the best and lowest cost thirst quencher.

genki
12-17-2007, 05:41 AM
well if your referring to sports drinks/isotonic drinks etc of that nature be warned they are bad for your teeth.
This is proven because they are very acidic and frequent consumption really does damage to your teeth.

Then again you really wouldnt need it unless rapid electrolyte replacement is needed and your very active person. Otherwise for normal people and normal daily life no need whatsoever.

Water is cheap and doesnt harm your teeth :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
syilla
12-17-2007, 05:52 AM
I personally doubt they would have little benefit for a person living a sedate or low activity life style.
well if your referring to sports drinks/isotonic drinks etc of that nature be warned they are bad for your teeth.
owh man...i started to like 100 plus. :hiding:

Water is cheap and doesnt harm your teeth
yeah i know... :hiding:

The thing is... isotonic drink quench my thirst very fast i don't have to go to the restroom frequently.....

Anyway thank you all....

oh yeah...i just forget about one thing. I heard there is one preservative that used in drinking water is very bad for your health.

It was in the news yesterday.... let me check it up again.

syilla
12-17-2007, 05:59 AM
i got it....

the preservative was called sodium benzoate

Newsrooms and chat rooms were effervescent last week with yet another health scare: sodium benzoate in soft drinks may cause cell damage, premature aging, cirrhosis of the liver, and Parkinson’s and other degenerative diseases

In mid-May 2007, beverage giant Coca-Cola settled a lawsuit alleging that sodium benzoate could combine with the ascorbic acid in the beverages to create carcinogenic benzene. It is interesting to note that each of the four plaintiffs was awarded $500 plus attorneys’ fees—and coupons for free replacement soda!

Coca-Cola and codefendant PepsiCo removed the ascorbic acid (better known as vitamin C, which is sometimes added to soft drinks to follow current health trends) from the beverages in question. Both companies maintain that their products are safe for human consumption.

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration, Health Canada, Food Standards Agency (FSA) of Britain and Food Standards Australia and New Zealand have been testing hundreds of beverages for benzene for years, with broadly varying results (sometimes even within the same lot of beverages). Sugars seem to impede the formation of benzene, as the highest levels of the toxic chemical are found in diet beverages. Britain’s FSA called for the removal from the marketplace of four such beverages in 2006.
source

Benzene has been detected sporadically at low levels in some soft drinks containing sodium benzoate and ascorbic acid (vitamin C). Sodium benzoate is added as a preservative to prevent mould growing in the drinks and vitamin C may be used as an antioxidant or be present naturally.
the survey

People who have inhaled very high levels of benzene in the workplace have been found to have an increased risk of cancer. Benzene is present in the atmosphere from exhaust emissions. On average, people breathe in 220 μg of benzene every day. For smokers cigarette smoking is the main source of exposure at 7900 μg per day.
source

qassy!
12-25-2007, 02:41 AM
The sport drinks are fine I mean if you work it off

I have 10 bottles of lucozade a week but I use the enger for like sports etc etc

Things like Red Bull are good but dangerous!

H4RUN
12-26-2007, 11:48 PM
Isotonic drinks do help when it comes down to sports and other associated drinks, i am backed by my good friend who studies physical education [ dont ask me why he chose that:p]

Then again i cant be 100% that it helps me if i take it before a workout, i mean it could all be in the mind for all i know...Psychology plays quite a part in most things i tell ya! So if i think that i've got an advantage on my side by taking a certain ingredient, i know that it should help me perform better, and hence forth i try and exceed what i can do...If you get what i mean...

'Cos i dont lol

Aslamualakum

Pk_#2
12-27-2007, 12:20 AM
What's that?

I can't have water woodrow, don't do this to me, Ribena all the way, flavoured water is good right?

And is istonic thing salty stuff?

Sugar all the waay, had too much sugar lately, my eyes have gone red and my eyeballs are about to drop out of its socket,

Am i gonna die?

Anyone want any sugar candy? Syilla?

Peace.

syilla
12-27-2007, 12:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umma Wasat

Peace.
erm...no thanks. :D

i want to avoid diabetic when i am pregnant. Just being prepared to have a healthy pregnancy. :thankyou:

Strzelecki
12-27-2007, 05:19 AM
InshaAllah.

Steer clear from Red Bull, as it points out it's not suitable on the can. :) Also, sorry to say but I wouldn't exactly recommend 100 Plus, as it's the same kind of thing as Red Bull. Good luck, sister. :)

H4RUN
12-27-2007, 09:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umma Wasat
What's that?

I can't have water woodrow, don't do this to me, Ribena all the way, flavoured water is good right?

And is istonic thing salty stuff?

Sugar all the waay, had too much sugar lately, my eyes have gone red and my eyeballs are about to drop out of its socket,

Am i gonna die?

Peace.
Its that lovely drink from that lovely shop at that lovely corner of that lovely road, its that lovely drink called lucozade and it doesnt have them lovely bubbles that you have in the normal lovely lucozade, oh and the lovely bottles are part see through and they have a lovely blue cap...luvly jubly!

You know which ones they are now???
:D
Aslamualaikum

syilla
12-31-2007, 02:36 AM
I found something... :D

An Evaluation of Isotonic “Sport Drinks” During Labor

In conclusion, isotonic drinks
reduce maternal ketosis in labor without increasing
gastric volume.

adeeb
12-31-2007, 02:52 AM
remember, plain or mineral water is the best.... :D

north_malaysian
12-31-2007, 02:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla

Other than drinking too much salt. :mmokay:
Like.... drinking seawater?:exhausted

syilla
12-31-2007, 02:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by adeeb
remember, plain or mineral water is the best.... :D
yeah...especially if you don't want to have urine infection :X. It is soooo painful.

syilla
12-31-2007, 03:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
Like.... drinking seawater?:exhausted
seawater really tastes differently than 100plus. +o(

Pk_#2
12-31-2007, 11:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by H4RUN

Its that lovely drink from that lovely shop at that lovely corner of that lovely road, its that lovely drink called lucozade and it doesnt have them lovely bubbles that you have in the normal lovely lucozade, oh and the lovely bottles are part see through and they have a lovely blue cap...luvly jubly!

You know which ones they are now???
:D
Aslamualaikum
Oh yah *shocked face*

So shocked my eyeballs are coming out of its socket...

Lovely sight that is,

Very luvly juvly...

AsalamuALaykum Warahmatullah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.