/* */

PDA

View Full Version : A Question about Muhammad and Jesus

sapphirine
12-17-2007, 08:26 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I understand that Islam regards Jesus as a prophet as well as the messiah? Does this mean that Jesus is equal to Muhammad in a prophetic status and if that is so, why does Muhammad seem to have a elevated status in Islam if he is merely a prophet?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
syilla
12-17-2007, 08:51 AM
a similar topic on this thread.
Please visit

http://www.islamicboard.com/prophet-...mmad-pbuh.html

Talha777
12-17-2007, 08:30 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I understand that Islam regards Jesus as a prophet as well as the messiah? Does this mean that Jesus is equal to Muhammad in a prophetic status and if that is so, why does Muhammad seem to have a elevated status in Islam if he is merely a prophet?
Jesus Christ (alaihi salaam) was a true prophet of Allah, he is indeed the Promised Messiah (Maseeh Mawood), and Islam teaches that he will return near the end of this world to put an end to christianity - he will break the cross and kill the swine.

We Muslims believe in all Prophets equally, making no distinction between them with regard to their truthfulness. However, Prophet Muhammad (sallallahu alaihi wa salaam) is the Seal of Prophets (Khatamun Nabiyeen) there will come no prophet after him and through him Allah Azzawajal has completed the religion of Islam.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.