/* */

PDA

View Full Version : one good reason to investigate Islam

caroline
12-18-2007, 07:33 PM
I just love how NICE Muslims are! I think that's the main reason I started to investigate Islam -- Muslims are the nicest people I know. They're so polite and kind and humble...

Oh I know there are bad apples in every barrell but on the whole, you won't ever find nicer people than Muslims. I would rather do business with a Muslim than anybody else in the world. And I've had that stance way before I ever considered becoming one!

All you Muslims -- thank you for being so NICE! I love you for that!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abd al-Baari
12-18-2007, 07:37 PM
:sl:

I'm glad that you think that :), and thank-you

Hope you don't mind me asking this, are you from the US sista Caroline?

I'd rep you if i could but it seems i've been to generous today :(..

------
12-18-2007, 07:38 PM
:salamext:

:D Thanks :D

Lol Alhamdulillah for Islam :)

Talha777
12-18-2007, 07:43 PM
Muslims are nice because our religion teaches us these moral qualities. If it wasn't for Islam, we'd be like anyone else.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
caroline
12-18-2007, 08:07 PM
I am from the US but I try not to spend any more time here than I have to because I find the culture offensive and disagree mightily with the ethics of my government. My husband and I operate an NGO in Haiti where we are working in a VERY poor community. With God's blessing we have been able to get many children in school whose parents could not pay tuition. We are also helping families there and are starting a community garden to grow peanuts and make soap to sell for funds to provide social services.

I am Scott/Irish and Native American by heritage -- wondering what it's going to be like to have an Arabic name??? LOL

But for some reason Palestine is very important to me... very much in my heart and on my mind.

caroline
12-18-2007, 08:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Talha777
Muslims are nice because our religion teaches us these moral qualities. If it wasn't for Islam, we'd be like anyone else.
That's what I thought. :)

Talha777
12-18-2007, 08:12 PM
Many people who have a passion for social justice are drawn to Islam. Our Prophet sallallahu alaihi wa salaam gave many beautiful teachings about helping orphans. He said one who helps an orphan will be close to him on the day of judgment. He said if people wish to find him on the day of judgment, they should look among the impoverished masses. Islam teaches to give sadaqah (charity) and to give without counting. Our Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wa salaam) said even if someone is asking for charity and he is coming on the back of a horse, appears to be very rich, the Muslim should not question or doubt but simple give to him. Sadaqah is very much emphasized in Islam. Zaka'at is a fundamental obligation in Islam as well. The Islamic system is the best system with regard to social justice.

caroline
12-18-2007, 09:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Talha777
Many people who have a passion for social justice are drawn to Islam. Our Prophet sallallahu alaihi wa salaam gave many beautiful teachings about helping orphans. He said one who helps an orphan will be close to him on the day of judgment. He said if people wish to find him on the day of judgment, they should look among the impoverished masses. Islam teaches to give sadaqah (charity) and to give without counting. Our Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wa salaam) said even if someone is asking for charity and he is coming on the back of a horse, appears to be very rich, the Muslim should not question or doubt but simple give to him. Sadaqah is very much emphasized in Islam. Zaka'at is a fundamental obligation in Islam as well. The Islamic system is the best system with regard to social justice.
I have been working with orphans for over ten years. I used to live in an orphanage in Haiti, which is the poorest nation in the Western Hemisphere. Some call it the "Calcutta of the West." Most of the children in the orphanage were disabled.

Thank you for your post. I am so blessed to hear these things about the Prophet. I now feel very close to him as I am also one who can be found among the poorest of the poor. When we go to Haiti we sometimes encounter groups of missionaries but we rarely are among them. We are always out in the slums and visiting the homes of people that most of the missionaries never see.

It's wonderful to know that I have been doing as the Prophet instructed without even knowing it!

Thank You!!!

NYCmuslim
12-18-2007, 09:55 PM
Very kind words. Having a good moral foundation and being righteous is how God wanted us humans to be. It is not something restricted to muslims alone. It it helps us improve our "selfs" and uplift humanity, which is the main purpose of Islam.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.