/* */

PDA

View Full Version : students/teachers

S_87
12-21-2007, 02:48 PM
:sl:

id appreciate it if you could answer these questions :smile:

first of all in class which techniques do you/did your teacher use as an aid? like did they use a blackboard/whiteboard/projector etc?
is ther any classes in which the teacher didnt use something like this?
do you think it is a help to have such aids in the classroom and if so what difference do you think it makes in your learning/teaching?

and lastly which country are you in ?

Thanks alot

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abd al-Baari
12-21-2007, 02:53 PM

first of all in class which techniques do you/did your teacher use as an aid? like did they use a blackboard/whiteboard/projector etc?
I think, in my case it's 'does' your teacher :D, but yeh all of my teachers have used whiteboard and projectors and now interactive whiteboards

Only P.E

do you think it is a help to have such aids in the classroom and if so what difference do you think it makes in your learning/teaching?
Lol i don't know what we'd do without a basic whiteboard, and the interactive ones are a big help too in my opinion

Hope it helps :)

:w:

S_87
12-21-2007, 03:00 PM

yes that helps a lot thanks, in which do you think it helps? explaining things? reminding you about things you have learnt in the lesson? for group discussions? etc?

'Abd al-Baari
12-21-2007, 03:05 PM

For me the whiteboard helps a lot when the teacher is explaining things as they will generally write notes up and then go on to explain the lesson etc etc

The interactive whiteboard is very good for remebering through games and stuff as teachers have lots of resources on the net, also some teachers will usually have like a plenary at the end of lessons on the whiteboard where students will come out and use the whiteboard to show what they've learnt through games and stuff

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
crayon
12-21-2007, 03:20 PM
All we do in class is write notes.
And notes and notes and notes.
I don't even look at them afterwards, I only write them because we get graded on filling up our notebooks.

So yeah, we do use a whiteboard. Well, the teacher does, anyway.

Keltoi
12-21-2007, 08:35 PM
As a teacher, I can say that the whiteboard is very helpful because of the ability to use internet resources. Plus, the traditional chalkboard causes me to have sneezing attacks.

Hijaabi22
12-21-2007, 08:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amani

Thanks alot

yoooooooooooo im a trainee teacher n im NEARLY qualified mashaAllah, got v few months 2 go n then me will have the QUALIFIED TEACHER STATUSSSSSSSSS...CHEK MEE OUTTTTTTTTTT Eh!Iv jus finished my LAST placement n maaaaaaaaan was loooong but i had a wiked tym...awww i miss iiiiiiit! n d kiddies!!! :(

Awww nways, leme answer ya questions 4 u tho i dunno if theyll be of any use 2 ya n dat!!

ryt ok nowadays we mostly use the interactive whiteboard which is fantastic and although it does take time preparin resources it does make ya lessons way more interestin not to mention d fantastic stuff you can find online to use on it 2! I made d mistake of relyin on it TOOOOOOOOO much in ma 3rd placement, but it decided to FAIL on me wen i was gonna be OBSERVED by my uni tutor, so they not always reliable, always have a bak up. Kiddies love the IWB especially when they can cum out 2 da front and DO sumat on it- i LOVED it dats 4 sure, but sumtyms wen it let u down (wich happnd alot!) it does annoy ya n you gta think ON D SPOT as 2 wat 2 do next but yea id give it 10 outta 10!

duno if dat helped but feel free 2 PM me if u need owt else :D

O n me in englandddddddddddd n dat! Up nOrTh tO be precise ;)- its all about NORTHERNERSSSSSSSSSSSSSS YEA MAN!!

man u wudnt think im a teacher wud ya! Lol

u shud see em at skul, kids think am mad but hey, its gud to have a teacher on your level ! lol)

Re.TiReD
12-21-2007, 08:43 PM
like did they use a blackboard/whiteboard/projector etc?
AssalamuAlaykum, back in my day we had blackboards....but then whiteboards and OHP'S...now the same school have got interactive ones. I think it helps to have a visual aid...because sometimes the teachers words go in one ear and out the other *grin* so if they use the board to jot things down, it helps.

Now in Uni, the lecturers use powerpoint...I guess thats because of independant learning...But I hate it...its too vague when you look back on it...

Course it helps sis *smile* makes the lesson more interesting...I mean, havent you ever fallen asleep to the sound of the teacher droning? The board keeps you on your toes because you never know when you're going to get called up, especially in arabic at the moment...eek!

*grin* hope that helped,

Wassalam

P.S. your last question- I'm in the UK *smile*

Thanks alot

Hijaabi22
12-21-2007, 08:46 PM
O and another thing- dey brighten up ya room dats 4 sure! Esp d colours I used lol PINKS n dat! Hmmmm wat else.... sis dis 4 an assignmnt o sumat?? And dey phat cos u can like have accompanyin music o watever

S_87
12-21-2007, 09:59 PM
Thanks for all your replies, it was much appreciated :)

im in england, have to write something on the chalk board s owas looking to compare students who had that in the classroom to students who did.

Asian Queen
yes for an assignment and is that how you talked to your students? :p that would be one mad class! lol

Hijaabi22
12-21-2007, 10:07 PM
Thanks for all your replies, it was much appreciated :)
Asian Queen
yes for an assignment and is that how you talked to your students? :p that would be one mad class! lol
:muddlehea:muddlehea

Alim Apprentice
12-22-2007, 10:59 AM
Salams, i'm from Malaysia.

Most of my lecturers use powerpoint. Its got it's pluses and minuses.. sometimes I get lazy to take notes down (or I just want to sleep in class.. *ahem*), so I just assure myself that I'll take the slides from the computer later. Of course, you don't learn much that way :p

I believe the most effective way of teaching is to personally involve the students and focus on writing on the blackboard/whiteboard. The lesson should be taught with some humour and enthusiasm, so that students can actually enjoy it. However, this can depend on the type of subject you are trying to teach. I suppose its hard to teach Calculus in a "fun" way.

format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi
As a teacher, I can say that the whiteboard is very helpful because of the ability to use internet resources. Plus, the traditional chalkboard causes me to have sneezing attacks.
When I was small, my teacher made me and a friend de-dust the dusters. Quite fun at first, haha. Had chalk dust all over our clothes.

Hijaabi22
12-22-2007, 05:25 PM
is that how you talked to your students? :p that would be one mad class! lol
am not boastin o owt but am actually a very gud teacher ''a star'' as ma uni tutopr put it, i got OUTSTANDIN for al areas for ma final placement so ma class cant have bin dat mad after al! :D:okay::okay::okay::okay::okay::okay::okay:hehehe

Intisar
12-22-2007, 08:14 PM

:w: 1. Some teachers only use blackboards and projectors, but most of my teachers do it orally. They basically dictate what they're gonna say to the students and we (choose) to copy it down in our notes.

2. Many of my teacher's rarely use the white/blackboard, they may write a couple of notes but they won't write a whole lesson.

3. It's actually quite better for me, it makes me more independent. I don't have to really rely on the teacher as much. :)

I'm in Canada.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.