/* */

View Full Version : Raising the Hands during Salaat

abdulrahman114
12-22-2007, 06:48 PM
Assalaamu alaykum all,

During salaat, I raise my hands to my shoulders at the first part of the prayer where you say "Allahu akbar". I also raise after Fatiha and going into ruku, and then I raise them when standing up after ruku while saying "Sami allahu liman hamidah." Am I doing this correctly? Are there any other times I should be doing this?

Wassalaam,

Abdul-Rahman

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
chacha_jalebi
12-22-2007, 06:51 PM
its known as raful ya dayn

:D and yes its permissible

in sahih bukhari

hadhrat Abdullah ibn Umar (ra) said...

“I saw the Prophet's (sal-Allaahu 'alayhi was-Salam) opening takbeer in prayer; he raised his hands when he said “Allaahu akbar” until he held them parallel to his shoulders...” and in one report " & “When Allaah's Messenger (sal-Allaahu 'alayhi was-Salam) stood from the second rak‘ah, he said,‘Allaahu akbar' and raised his hands.”

'Abd al-Baari
12-22-2007, 06:54 PM
:sl:

Raising the hands vary from the different Madhabs, but all of the four Madhabs are correct

Those that do raise the hands, raise them when saying the Takbeer at the start of the Salaah and before and after Ruku'

But the Salah is also still correct if you only raise your hands at the starting takbeer

And Allah knows best

:w:

jzcasejz
12-22-2007, 06:57 PM
Wa'alaykum Salaam

Not another Raful-Yadayn thread!!! :ooh::omg: *runs away!!!*

Anyways, back on topic. Yeah that's correct and you also do it after you get up from the first Tashahhud and before you commence the third Rak'ah.

However, some people do not follow this practice and there's evidence to argue for it both ways - so to those who feel the urge to post and spark off another debate in this thread... please don't! :grumbling

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
chacha_jalebi
12-22-2007, 06:59 PM
yeah ^

no need to argue lol

RasoolAllah (sal allah hu aleyhi wasalam) prayed like that, and he start doin it when the munafiqs of the quraish would pray with the muslims, but they would hide under their armpits idols. so the Prophet (sal Allah hu aleyhi wasalam) start raisin his hands before ruku & after, so that people would do it as well and therefore if there were any idols under peoples armpits they would drop and die:D

like their is always a reason behind why he did somethin

so if you dont do it, then nothing wrong, and if you do do it then nothin is wrong

actions are based upon intentions . . .

abdulrahman114
12-22-2007, 07:31 PM
Assalaamu alaykum,

Thanks guys. jzcasejz, I didn't mean to start an argument. I don't even know what "Raful-Yadayn" is. I've seen arguments on other boards about topics, so I really don't want to be the cause of one. Please forgive me bro.

Wassalaam,

Abdul-Rahman

jzcasejz
12-22-2007, 08:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by abdulrahman114
Assalaamu alaykum,

Thanks guys. jzcasejz, I didn't mean to start an argument. I don't even know what "Raful-Yadayn" is. I've seen arguments on other boards about topics, so I really don't want to be the cause of one. Please forgive me bro.

Wassalaam,

Abdul-Rahman
Akhi forgive me, you've misunderstood what I've said. I wasn't talking about you lol, it's just that previously yeah, we had ALOT of Raful-Yadayn threads in the past and the people on this forum kept on arguing whether or not it's a Sunnah and both sides weren't getting anywhere - hence why I was saying not to let this thread turn into one of those debates. Lol, I wasn't directing it towards you. :)

And besides, it's good you made this thread and was asking for help since knowledge is the cure for ignorance. And InshaAllaah feel free to ask more questions in the future if you need help with anything. Once again, sorry Brother, I wasn't talking to you, just was a message to the potential posters to think twice before they spark up another heated Fiqh debate...

Wassalaamu'alaykum wa Rahmatullaah!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.