/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Sore throat

glo
12-27-2007, 04:07 AM
My son has had a sore throat for a couple of days.
Despite pain killers, soothing lozenges and hot lemon and honey drinks, it got worse yesterday.
In the evening and during the night (He has gone back to sleep, but I am still sitting up in the middle of the night) he has been coughing and complaining about earache ...

Because of the Christmas holidays, we have not been able to access the family doctor. I may need to take him to see the GP in the morning, but I was wondering if anybody knows of any other remedies we could use in the meantime?

I don't go to the doctor with coughs and colds generally, because I think they can be effectively treated at home ... but I don't really want to mess with a potential ear infection ... :(

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
snakelegs
12-27-2007, 04:16 AM
i use warm water and salt for sore throat. (gargle) it helps.
if that fails....there is always ice cream.
ear ache could be serious, though.

Zarmina
01-02-2008, 05:47 AM
Yes, I use warm water and salt as well. Works pretty good.

MartyrX
01-02-2008, 06:06 PM
I like to use hot tea for sore throats as well as the methods above.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Belief_is_Power
01-02-2008, 06:11 PM
best bet is to keep giving him throat logenzes and tylenol until the Doc can see him.

glo
01-02-2008, 09:23 PM
Thank you, all, for your advice.

Thank God, my son is well again and has his bounce back! :D

Nájlá
01-02-2008, 09:26 PM
alhamdullah is ok now

Belief_is_Power
01-02-2008, 09:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
Thank you, all, for your advice.

Thank God, my son is well again and has his bounce back! :D
alhumdulilallah, thats good news!!!!!! may he stay that way inshallah

MartyrX
01-02-2008, 09:39 PM
Great news!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.