/* */

PDA

View Full Version : AS/A2 Biology

The Ruler
01-02-2008, 02:33 PM
:sl:

Well, it's the Biology thread. But to be precise, I need help with starting my biology coursework. The probem is, I don't even know how the experiment is supposed to be.

The title's goes like this: Effect of varying pH on the activity of sucrase (invertase) using glucose test strips.

What's invertase? Could you link me to some other website where they might include information regarding this experiment? If you;ve done it before, could you just briefly explain what exactly I am to do with glucose strips, and how I am to record the results, or more specifically, what I am to record?

Jazakallah Khair.

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
al_islam
01-02-2008, 07:56 PM
Invertase may be an enzyme.

OK...Is the experiment to do with Osmosis ?

Is it to do with the digestion of starches?

Please tell me a bit more, i mite be able to help :)

al_islam
01-02-2008, 08:02 PM
All you got to do is try the enzyme (sucrase or Invertase) in different PH's.

You record the activity of the enzyme at different PH's.

As Glucose may be produced thats what you use as your indicator. When Glucose is produced...it means that the Enzyme has broken down the Sucrose. This will tell you how quickly sucrose is broken down at different PH's.

Maybe use Time as the factor to be affected ?

Any more help, do feel free to ask :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.